Reform Wishlist

1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

Funniest damn video I've seen in a long time, and the best argument for actually killing the 19th that could be made.
You ARE the man!

Last edited:
1. Term limits for the Clowns in Congress.

2. Do away with Income Tax. Flat tax that everyone will have to pay. Everyone.

3. Balanced budget ammendment

God. I could go on.

Why so?? I don't think the founding fathers expected anyone to make a living as a politician. I'm sure if they could see the Clowns in Congress they would all turn over in their graves.

The Prez has a term limit. Why not the Mickey Mouse Club.????

Why so?? I don't think the founding fathers expected anyone to make a living as a politician. I'm sure if they could see the Clowns in Congress they would all turn over in their graves.

The Prez has a term limit. Why not the Mickey Mouse Club.????

No one enters politics for the lavish lifestyle. I can't think of a single member of Congress that couldn't be making far more money elsewhere.

First, given absolute control, I would change the way we elect officials.
Every state would divide their population into groups of 100 voters from geographic locations; neighborhoods in cities for example. These 100 voters would have a place and day to get together and decide which 1 would advance up the chain of decision to the next level. The next level is a cluster of 100 groups of 100 people; thus representing 10,000 voters. They have an assigned place to meet and decide which one advances to the next level. The next level will depend on the state. Some states have less than 1,000,000 population and will gather their entire group of representatives of 10,0000's together to choose one of them to represent their sate at the national level. Those states with more than 1 million will cluster same sized groups to send a number of representatives closest to the number of Millions of voters (rounding up). In the end, you get several hundred top officials, each representing roughly 1,000,000 voters. These choose from among themselves a single executive and seven supreme court justices. The rest form the legislature.

The advantage of this is that it eliminates the need for political parties and ends all the nonsense of campaign trails etc. It also provides a step by step method of going form the lowest level - a voter, to the highest - the legislature/executive, by a "friend of a friend" method - each level gives a tie between the winner and all those who were there.

Second - I would set a term limit of once serving at the national (1 in a million) level. The terms would all be for six years with an additional six months acting in an advisory position, to ease the transition, of the next holder of the top position.

Third - I would provide a mechanism for general motions of two sorts. Popular recall of the top tier elected officials, which would necessitate a new normal election process; and referendums to scrap the entire system and start over. Both types of motions would require supermajorites (2/3) to pass.

Most of our current problems are the result of career politicians gaming the system of campaign finance and party affiliation. Only by addressing this root problem can the others be fixed in the long term.

1) Eliminate income tax in favor of national sales tax.

2) Balanced budget ammendment

3) Creation of constitutional oversight committee to assure that all legislation passed is constitutional and repeal past legislation that is not.

I am quite surprised on the bi-partisan support for bringing the troops home (I would too). If we are going to stick our fighting men and women in harms way it needs to be for a damn good reason.

Last edited:
No one enters politics for the lavish lifestyle. I can't think of a single member of Congress that couldn't be making far more money elsewhere.
I can think of a shitload of them who probably couldn't hold a job selling shoes, if it weren't for their defacto lifetime appointments to the halls of congress.

I agree with Dude

☭proletarian☭;1797390 said:
I can think of a shitload of them who probably couldn't hold a job selling shoes, if it weren't for their defacto lifetime appointments to the halls of congress.

I agree with Dude

i wont buy shoes from john kerry either.

Forum List

Back