Reflections on Vice President Richard Cheney

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
This post (thread) is about former Vice President Cheney.

He is a great man.

Lots of those who do not share my political inclinations will vehemently disagree with that assessement. Oh well. They're wrong.

Now, to get things rolling, here's a blurb I just saw on-line from MSLSD. As a general rule, anything and everything from MSLSD/MSPMS ought to be taken with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, I kinda liked this one:

Cheney uncloaks his frustration with Bush - Washington Post- msnbc.com

I'm one of those who would disagree with you, Liability. But that's okay, civil people can disagree without blood shed. ;)

I couldn't stand the man even though I voted for President Bush twice.

I heard this morning that he is writing his memiors. Trust me, that is not a book I will be buying.

Immie

Cheney is one of the Great Man of his times, and I truly almost hate him (I work very hard at hating no one, but have to work very, very hard with Mr. C.). His unability to see light in the world and his willingness to lie despite the obvious facts will reveal his character in his memoirs. And, yes, everyone should read them to see what depths some in the American politic can drop. His wife dropped even further. In my humble opinion. Unlike some, I am not shouting, just stating my opinions in a calm voice.

I'm one of those who would disagree with you, Liability. But that's okay, civil people can disagree without blood shed. ;)

I couldn't stand the man even though I voted for President Bush twice.

I heard this morning that he is writing his memiors. Trust me, that is not a book I will be buying.

Immie

If I could get it on pre-order, I would.

I anticipate that his memoirs will be a better, richer, fuller, more reliable and more well-documented historical work than most "memoirs" we see nowadays.

I think he's a goon just like anyone else in Washington. Corrupt, lying, liars. All.

And, yes, everyone should read them to see what depths some in the American politic can drop. His wife dropped even further. In my humble opinion.

You don't actually expect it to point out how far he has fallen, do you?

Or, do you expect him to point fingers at people like Nancy Pelosi as examples of how far "other people" have fallen?

Immie

truly he was a chicken hawk's chicken hawk.

No. Not "truly."

Instead, that's just your opinion. You are entitled to it, naturally.

But your opinion is devoid of fair or rational basis.

In your opinion. ;) (That being devoid of rational basis, etc..) :lol:

No. Del's opinion IS just an opinion and that expressed opinion IS devoid of rational basis.

My pointing that out is actually factual.

Your attempt to say that my factual observation is just an opinion is simply wrong.

:cool:

No. Not "truly."

No. Del's opinion IS just an opinion and that expressed opinion IS devoid of rational basis.

Your attempt to say that my factual observation is just an opinion is simply wrong.

OR Your attempt to say that DEL'S factual observation is just an opinion is simply wrong.

Carry on! :cool:

No. Not "truly."

he took five draft deferrals and, once he was ineligible, never met a war he didn't like.

feel free to build a shrine to him for all i care, but don't piss on my feet and tell me it's raining.

nobody is ever all good or all bad,, well, there are exceptions. I haven't formed an opinion of Cheney yet.

No. Not "truly."

he took five draft deferrals and, once he was ineligible, never met a war he didn't like.

feel free to build a shrine to him for all i care, but don't piss on my feet and tell me it's raining.

Deferrals were fairly common. Just ask Bubba.

In any case, the world changed.

I never war our nation's uniform either. If you (or anybody else) thinks that means I must be disqualified from discussing national defense issues and matters of war, etc., then I respectfully suggest you are misguided.

I don't see the world today the same way I did back in my yute.

If Vice President Cheney's own views about the necessity of engagement changed over time, then the fact that he took some deferrals in HIS own yute is of only minor interest to me. I still think the acid test of what he espoused as Vice President is found in the actual circumstances of the day, not whether he is or isn't a "chicken-hawk" because of what he did many years earlier.

OR Your attempt to say that DEL'S factual observation is just an opinion is simply wrong.

Carry on! :cool:

But Del, God love him, had not MADE a factual observation. He offered (instead) just a character smear.

Forum List

Back