Reflections Of A Mixed Breed- My Thoughts On Columbus Day vs. Indigenous People's Day

OffensivelyOpenMinded

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Where I Is
Columbus Day, or Indigenous People's Day...depending upon where you live...is upon us. My ethnic heritage calls me to respect both holidays, I am a mixed breed person, my father is a german and Irish man and my mother is Spanish and Mescalero Apache from New Mexico. The real internal battle comes from my mother's side, I am related directly to Ferdinand, the main financiers of Columbus's journey. I am also directly related to the Apache, specifically the Mescalero clan. People who know this ask me how I could support one over the other. I don't believe I do, I respect my grandfather who taught me the Apache warrior code... Part of that demands I respect the victor in the wars that diminished half of my bloodline and their ability to kill.

I also have to respect the white man for not killing us all after all the Apache did to whites. Yes, natives were ruthless too. There is no noble race.

Ultimately I respect the warrior code of my mother's people and will be celebrating Columbus Day.

Because he won, and as such....he's the only one worth celebrating.

Columbus did more to advance civilization then all the Indians ever did

The Spanish financed it..don't know why it is considered an Italian holiday.
I saw a show on Discovery Channel or somewhere that proposed Columbus was actually born in Catalonia, not Italy. They have researched and believe the "Christopher Columbus" in Italy was the wrong guy. I don't remember a lot of details, but it sounded halfway reasonable.

I still wish people would respect the native for what they did to help the white man acclimate. We had our wars, and the white man won by brute force and that's okay.
True. Depending on how you define civilization.
Oh that's easy, if euros came in and brutalized everyone into submission, that's the civilization process.
That isn't how I would define it either.

I saw a show on Discovery Channel or somewhere that proposed Columbus was actually born in Catalonia, not Italy. They have researched and believe the "Christopher Columbus" in Italy was the wrong guy. I don't remember a lot of details, but it sounded halfway reasonable.
Columbus was born in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still wish people would respect the native for what they did to help the white man acclimate. We had our wars, and the white man won by brute force and that's okay.
Oh that's easy, if euros came in and brutalized everyone into submission, that's the civilization process.
That isn't how I would define it either.
"Civilization" does though, the power structure does, there is no other what to rationalize what was done. That and the usual, "well everyone was doing it so ....". Which is fine, but then you have to abandon the "exceptionalism" bullshit.

I've been to many Indian reservations, they treat each other almost as bad as niggars treat each other
None compare with whites, which is why the conversation must go in your direction here.

Columbus was born in Australia.
Ah....somebody got the joke.

I've been to many Indian reservations, they treat each other almost as bad as niggars treat each other
Too many act like that because they take on any anti-white culture they can at this point.

Too many act like that because they take on any anti-white culture they can at this point.
Again, all part of the process of subjugating a people.

Again, all part of the process of subjugating a people.
I don't disagree with you completely on this.

Forum List

Back