Referee

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
This board needs to censor the gutter language, and the gutter actions, of personal attacks and stupid arguing that have no place, except for the taunting section.

Im not sure if i should just start blocking people who are serial polluters to this board, when it comes to name calling and personal attacks, im still waiting for shattered's response.

If i feel someone is being a donkey, i have the right to call them on it. This board needs to censor the gutter language, and the gutter actions, of personal attacks and stupid arguing that have no place, except for the taunting section. If i dont like what your doing, i have the right to simply call you on it. If you disagree, thats your perogitive.

Weren't you going to stop that?

Im kind of on the fence about that to be honest.

To be honest, should i just block people, i find to be acting rudely, would that make you happy?. Im not being sarcastic, but shouldnt I, try to do something to make the board better?.

Im being honest, so please dont flame me.

Weren't you going to stop that?

It's not that you have the right to call them on it. It's how you call them on it. If you come off attacking, they will attack back. How ever if you call them on what they are debating with legit arguments back, you deserve to have the same done in return.

no matter how i say it, they will be defensive, and either dismissive what im saying, or yell at me for saying it.

Perhaps, i should start blocking the serial offenders. Gunny should really ask himself, if he wants a message board, or an argument board. and what types of posters does he wants civilized people, who can have a conversation or people who just yell, name call, and sling personal attacks at each other.

It's not that you have the right to call them on it. It's how you call them on it. If you come off attacking, they will attack back. How ever if you call them on what they are debating with legit arguments back, you deserve to have the same done in return.

Im kind of on the fence about that to be honest.

To be honest, should i just block people, i find to be acting rudely, would that make you happy?. Im not being sarcastic, but shouldnt I, try to do something to make the board better?.

Im being honest, so please dont flame me.

You can do what you want.. I'm just reminding you that you said you were going to stop..

I think there must be a line drawn, NOT to what is said, but to how it is said. In real life, i could not get in you face, and say bitch, or youre a stupid idiot. Yet, that is precisly, what is going on in the board. I am not for censoring speech, I am for censoring members who cannot behave like adults.

If you want to act like a child, you should not have the privalege, and it is a privalege, or posting and interacting with other adults on this board. There must be a code of conduct, to act like a civilized human being, that doesnt mean you have to be perfect and you wont lose your temper, but my god, this board is worse then a jerry springer episode.

And, atleast if gunny wants to allow some board members to act like children, keep their quarreling, in the childrens section, and let the adults, have a peaceful, constuctive, polite debate.

Let me give you an example, if you ask many members on the board, both liberal and republican, has actsnoblemartin ever given me positive rep, the answer would be yes, for i only say, if it is a good point, i will reward someone, and I listen to the liberals points, and the conservative points.
I dont want to close myself to a particular way of thinking. Doesnt mean i have to agree or disagree, i might even agree with some. But if i just say, aww stupid lib, I am just a spoiled brat. I dont want to be arrogant, if a person knows everything, they truly know nothing.

and for the record, i know im not a saint, ive been a jerk, like everyone else, and im merely trying to be a good person.

In a free democracy, there will be both. I don't want to see voice (even if I disagree with them) to be quieted.

May i please ask your opinion. Am i better off, criticizing everyone who says someone i dont like, or just block them?

I dont wanna get in a fight with you, i merely ask your counsel please.

You can do what you want.. I'm just reminding you that you said you were going to stop..

I agree. We have a place for fighting. Let it take place there. If someone wants to call me a bitch. Fine, just post it in that forum. Don't drag a thread down due to it.

I should of been clear, the tauning forum, is for fighting, granted, within whatever rules the moderators want. But the fighting is simply all over the place, and the fighting even in the taunting area, is so vicious, watching maineman, and retired fight is like watching two pitbulls fight to the death.

I agree. We have a place for fighting. Let it take place there. If someone wants to call me a bitch. Fine, just post it in that forum. Don't drag a thread down due to it.

May i please ask your opinion. Am i better off, criticizing everyone who says someone i dont like, or just block them?

I dont wanna get in a fight with you, i merely ask your counsel please.

You're better off using your own judgement and thinking before you post. You referenced one post in one thread I made about two people needing to grow up..

I only posted that ONE message, in that ONE thread. You posted to that thread, dragged up ANOTHER thread, posted to that, and then started 2-3 ADDITIONAL threads saying the same thing.

If you're going to criticize everyone who say something you don't like, you're in for a long, bumpy ride, and then perhaps a "free speech" board isn't the best place for you to post...

As for asking what type of board "Gunny wants"..it's not Gunny's board - he is, however, a Moderator chosen for his ability to fairly adhere to the very few rules that are posted here. Inability to argue and/or name-call is NOT one of those rules, and if that were censored, there would be no more board.

I agree with you, that i better limit what i say, and how i say it, i cant remember, the post youre referring to it. i apologize, but am i wrong for wanting people to try atleast to be nicer?. I guess i cant be a little nag, and impose it, but i can wish cant it. Thanks for being nice, and not flaming me.

You're better off using your own judgement and thinking before you post. You referenced one post in one thread I made about two people needing to grow up..

I only posted that ONE message, in that ONE thread. You posted to that thread, dragged up ANOTHER thread, posted to that, and then started 2-3 ADDITIONAL threads saying the same thing.

If you're going to criticize everyone who say something you don't like, you're in for a long, bumpy ride, and then perhaps a "free speech" board isn't the best place for you to post...

As for asking what type of board "Gunny wants"..it's not Gunny's board - he is, however, a Moderator chosen for his ability to fairly adhere to the very few rules that are posted here. Inability to argue and/or name-call is NOT one of those rules, and if that were censored, there would be no more board.

I try and reread everything I post. I try and see how it will be taken. I found that I get a lot more understanding when I do this. Also, walk away once you've typed it up, before you post it. Then reread it before you post, with a fresh look at it. It helps keep the foot out of the mouth.

the less i say the better. i am probably alot better off not trying to police the boards, they have someone for that, gunny and the other mods :lol:

I try and reread everything I post. I try and see how it will be taken. I found that I get a lot more understanding when I do this. Also, walk away once you've typed it up, before you post it. Then reread it before you post, with a fresh look at it. It helps keep the foot out of the mouth.

I said someone to maineman and retired, but that case was agregus, i cant spell. I am really annoyed, that theyre fighting a duel out of pride. Its like ok guys, lower the testosterone. And someone act like a man first and walk away, PLEASE.

:lol: there ya go. You referee yourself. That's all I can see to get right. I refereeing myself.

This board needs to censor the gutter language, and the gutter actions, of personal attacks and stupid arguing that have no place, except for the taunting section.

Im not sure if i should just start blocking people who are serial polluters to this board, when it comes to name calling and personal attacks, im still waiting for shattered's response.

Martin ...

You cannot have free speech AND censor what you don't want to hear. If you want to be a member of a board where everyone thinks and says the same things, you need to keep looking. This isn't it.

I'll also point out that your continually posting threads about how you think people should act, or who should be banned or whatever is every bit as annoying as any of the petty pissing contests.

The owner has decided what kind of forum he wants. If you want one that is only what you wish to allow, I suggest you start your own.

IMO, you would do well to just address the issues and not worry about what someone else is saying. No one forces you to read their posts, nor respond to them.

I said someone to maineman and retired, but that case was agregus, i cant spell. I am really annoyed, that theyre fighting a duel out of pride. Its like ok guys, lower the testosterone. And someone act like a man first and walk away, PLEASE.

I have an idea ... can I moderate the board?

And here's a simple solution: don't read the thread. You should be thankful that they have low enough testosterone levels to ignore YOU. I've been in many running gun battles on message boards, and I'll come out and shoot at the peanut gallery as well.

Forum List

Back