Referee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by actsnoblemartin, Jul 10, 2007.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    This board needs to censor the gutter language, and the gutter actions, of personal attacks and stupid arguing that have no place, except for the taunting section.

Im not sure if i should just start blocking people who are serial polluters to this board, when it comes to name calling and personal attacks, im still waiting for shattered's response.

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Weren't you going to stop that?

3. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    Im kind of on the fence about that to be honest.

To be honest, should i just block people, i find to be acting rudely, would that make you happy?. Im not being sarcastic, but shouldnt I, try to do something to make the board better?.

Im being honest, so please dont flame me.

4. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    It's not that you have the right to call them on it. It's how you call them on it. If you come off attacking, they will attack back. How ever if you call them on what they are debating with legit arguments back, you deserve to have the same done in return.

5. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    no matter how i say it, they will be defensive, and either dismissive what im saying, or yell at me for saying it.

Perhaps, i should start blocking the serial offenders. Gunny should really ask himself, if he wants a message board, or an argument board. and what types of posters does he wants civilized people, who can have a conversation or people who just yell, name call, and sling personal attacks at each other.

6. Angel Heart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    In a free democracy, there will be both. I don't want to see voice (even if I disagree with them) to be quieted.

7. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You can do what you want.. I'm just reminding you that you said you were going to stop..

8. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I think there must be a line drawn, NOT to what is said, but to how it is said. In real life, i could not get in you face, and say bitch, or youre a stupid idiot. Yet, that is precisly, what is going on in the board. I am not for censoring speech, I am for censoring members who cannot behave like adults.

If you want to act like a child, you should not have the privalege, and it is a privalege, or posting and interacting with other adults on this board. There must be a code of conduct, to act like a civilized human being, that doesnt mean you have to be perfect and you wont lose your temper, but my god, this board is worse then a jerry springer episode.

And, atleast if gunny wants to allow some board members to act like children, keep their quarreling, in the childrens section, and let the adults, have a peaceful, constuctive, polite debate.

Let me give you an example, if you ask many members on the board, both liberal and republican, has actsnoblemartin ever given me positive rep, the answer would be yes, for i only say, if it is a good point, i will reward someone, and I listen to the liberals points, and the conservative points.
    I dont want to close myself to a particular way of thinking. Doesnt mean i have to agree or disagree, i might even agree with some. But if i just say, aww stupid lib, I am just a spoiled brat. I dont want to be arrogant, if a person knows everything, they truly know nothing.

and for the record, i know im not a saint, ive been a jerk, like everyone else, and im merely trying to be a good person.

9. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    May i please ask your opinion. Am i better off, criticizing everyone who says someone i dont like, or just block them?

I dont wanna get in a fight with you, i merely ask your counsel please.

10. Angel Heart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    I agree. We have a place for fighting. Let it take place there. If someone wants to call me a bitch. Fine, just post it in that forum. Don't drag a thread down due to it.