Ref 71 Domestic Partnership could be approved in Washington

I'm glad you brought this up....it shows that the prohibition to gay marriage is not discrimination based on sexual orientation. It is based on gender. And gender discrimination by the government is illegal.

Apparently homosexual marriage isn't legal in most states. Didn't SCOTUS rule that marriage is a union between a man and a woman?
No....but convince me I'm wrong on that one.

Doesn't really matter, fact is everytime it's put on the ballot homosexuals lose. Oh and one more fact, US Code 1, section 7 states:

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any

ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative

bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word "marriage"

means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband

and wife,
and the word "spouse" refers only to a person of the

opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

-SOURCE-

(Added Pub. L. 104-199, Sec. 3(a), Sept. 21, 1996, 110 Stat. 2419.)
U.S. Code

Rights are what we collectively decide they are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Until a few years ago, marriage has never been officially decreed a right, nor was the question even considered.

But since then, the SJC of Massachusetts has decided that it is a right.

The people of California have decided that it isn't a right.

The people of Vermont have decided that same-sex marriage should be legal.

and so on.

I'm in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage, but I'm not sure I agree with characterizing marriage itself as a "right." And I don't enterain the semantics tangent of marriage vs. civil union. Euphamisms don't change the substance of a thing.
Loving v. Virginia

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival....

Until a few years ago, marriage has never been officially decreed a right, nor was the question even considered.

and so on.

I'm in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage, but I'm not sure I agree with characterizing marriage itself as a "right." And I don't enterain the semantics tangent of marriage vs. civil union. Euphamisms don't change the substance of a thing.
Loving v. Virginia

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival....

And what is the legal definition of marriage?? I rest my case!

Apparently homosexual marriage isn't legal in most states. Didn't SCOTUS rule that marriage is a union between a man and a woman?

Doesn't really matter, fact is everytime it's put on the ballot homosexuals lose. Oh and one more fact, US Code 1, section 7 states:

and wife,

-SOURCE-

U.S. Code

And that will eventually be struck down as Jim Crow laws were eventually struck down tho they were very popular and always won by majority votes too.

and so on.

Loving v. Virginia

Definition of Marriage:

Main Entry: mar·riage
Pronunciation: \ˈmer-ij, ˈma-rij\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
Date: 14th century
1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected;

and wife,

-SOURCE-

U.S. Code

And that will eventually be struck down as Jim Crow laws were eventually struck down tho they were very popular and always won by majority votes too.

You have anything to support that claim? Or is it just wishful thinking? You do know that the only way to make homosexual marriage legal is to force it. Fact is everytime it was put to a vote the people always voted against it.

Definition of Marriage:

Main Entry: mar·riage
Pronunciation: \&#712;mer-ij, &#712;ma-rij\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
Date: 14th century
1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected;

That's not the legal definition but nice try.

What rights do I have that homosexuals don't?

The right to marry someone of a sex that your biology dictates you are physically attracted to?

Show the gay gene then... we'll be waiting.. a LONG time... so don't feed us that biology crapola... people can choose what they wish to choose... but don't try to hand me shit and call it chocolate cake

I am all for states approving or disallowing civil unions for gays... But it is not an inherent 'right'.... but I am not for gays attempting to use the government to redefine marriage.... if the state wishes to say all legally domiciled family couples are only recognized as civil unions in the eyes of the state and the eyes of the law.. fine... but marriage is what it is.. just as you do not legally get to declare yourself a different species because you wish to be recognized as an antelope and you FEEL that you are one

Knew we would be waiting a long time... I'll just save this chestnut for the next time they bring up the 'biology dictates' argument/statement

What rights do I have that homosexuals don't?

The right to marry someone of a sex that your biology dictates you are physically attracted to?

Show the gay gene then... we'll be waiting.. a LONG time... so don't feed us that biology crapola... people can choose what they wish to choose... but don't try to hand me shit and call it chocolate cake

I am all for states approving or disallowing civil unions for gays... But it is not an inherent 'right'.... but I am not for gays attempting to use the government to redefine marriage.... if the state wishes to say all legally domiciled family couples are only recognized as civil unions in the eyes of the state and the eyes of the law.. fine... but marriage is what it is.. just as you do not legally get to declare yourself a different species because you wish to be recognized as an antelope and you FEEL that you are one

can you show me the lefthanded gene? i'll wait.

can you walk me through the process you used when you chose to be heterosexual? i don't remember mine.

thanks.

can you walk me through the process you used when you chose to be heterosexual? i don't remember mine.

thanks.

Gene for Left-Handed Trait Discovered

Nice try

As for my sexual prefernece for women, certain types of women, etc.. those choices come from experiences, exposures, etc over the years of my life

thanks.

Nice try

As for my sexual prefernece for women, certain types of women, etc.. those choices come from experiences, exposures, etc over the years of my life

but why did you decide to pursue women rather than men? it must have been a conscious decision on your part, no?

thanks for the gene info,btw, it explains my schizoid tendencies :lol:

thanks.

Nice try

but why did you decide to pursue women rather than men? it must have been a conscious decision on your part, no?

I can still make the choice to pursue men, if I wanted to... I could simply choose to go against the natural biology of how the human body is set up... and if I were exposed to other stimuli, experiences, etc, I may have made many different types of choices pertaining to sexuality and whatever else...

What next?? Thinking you are born a murderer??? You are born a liberal or conservative??? There is a bestiality or foot fetish gene?

There are many choices that we can do in life that go against what is natural... as shown by people who deform their bodies for culture and attraction... as shown by those who off themselves to go against the fundamental need for life to survive... as shown by those that push the limits of what the body can do... as shown by so many things... sexual action choice is no different

Nice try

I can still make the choice to pursue men, if I wanted to... I could simply choose to go against the natural biology of how the human body is set up... and if I were exposed to other stimuli, experiences, etc, I may have made many different types of choices pertaining to sexuality and whatever else...

What next?? Thinking you are born a murderer??? You are born a liberal or conservative??? There is a bestiality or foot fetish gene?

There are many choices that we can do in life that go against what is natural... as shown by people who deform their bodies for culture and attraction... as shown by those who off themselves to go against the fundamental need for life to survive... as shown by those that push the limits of what the body can do... as shown by so many things... sexual action choice is no different

sorry, but i don't buy it. have to agree to disagree on this; i think people are hardwired as to sexual preference.

sorry, but i don't buy it. have to agree to disagree on this; i think people are hardwired as to sexual preference.

show it

You can think you are a llama too... but just because you think it, does not make it so

Why does it matter whether queers are born that way or choose it?

It serves no greater purpose whatsoever for society to exercise it's hammer of authority to keep homos from marrying each other. None. Zero. Zilch.

show it

You can think you are a llama too... but just because you think it, does not make it so

i can't, that's why it's called an *opinion*, but then you can't disprove it, either, nor can you prove your assertion that it's a choice.

go figure.

and wife,

-SOURCE-

U.S. Code

You have anything to support that claim? Or is it just wishful thinking? You do know that the only way to make homosexual marriage legal is to force it.

Was it forced in Massachusetts?

Fact is everytime it was put to a vote the people always voted against it.

And for the longest time, when it was put to a vote, the people (particularly in the South) voted against Integration. But that eventually changed...but not until Courts FORCED integration...sometimes at the point of a National Guard gun.

Forum List

Back