Ref 71 Domestic Partnership could be approved in Washington

I think gays should be allowed to marry! I also think a majority should not be allowed to deny a minority a right.

I think gays should be allowed to marry! I also think a majority should not be allowed to deny a minority a right.

In other words you support the idea that a minority can force a majority in a democratic country to do as they want. As I suspected.

Gay marriage is NOT a right. That would be the whole point DEAR.

they want to be allowed to do something, they are not forcing other people into gay marriage.

how would you like it if someone else told you what you can do?

In other words you support the idea that a minority can force a majority in a democratic country to do as they want. As I suspected.

You really should read into Thomas Jefferson.

14th Amendment
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

A.R.S. 25-101

25-101. Void and prohibited marriages

A. Marriage between parents and children, including grandparents and grandchildren of every degree, between brothers and sisters of the one-half as well as the whole blood, and between uncles and nieces, aunts and nephews and between first cousins, is prohibited and void.

B. Notwithstanding subsection A, first cousins may marry if both are sixty-five years of age or older or if one or both first cousins are under sixty-five years of age, upon approval of any superior court judge in the state if proof has been presented to the judge that one of the cousins is unable to reproduce.

C. Marriage between persons of the same sex is void and prohibited

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

It would seem rather clear that a state and it's people do have the right to decide which is best for themselves on this issue and making such laws is wholly consistant with the constitution.

Whether it is a 'right' or not, I prefer to err on the side of individual freedoms. I'd prefer to have something be legal unless there are very good reasons why the State should prohibit it. I haven't heard good reasons for prohibiting gay marriage.

Well, the Declaration of Independence says otherwise-

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You can have your opinion but eventually gays will have equal rights like everyone else.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You can have your opinion but eventually gays will have equal rights like everyone else.

What rights do I have that homosexuals don't?

What rights do I have that homosexuals don't?

You get to be happy.

Forum List

Back