Reeeeeally stupid question...

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
How can I tell if my computer has a DVD write?

Im in my "office" for another 4 days before I'm transferred to hell and I'm really trying to clean the place out (free office supplies ROCK!). I ran across some DVD-R discs in one of the drawers and lo-and-behold on the tower of my computer (Gateway), it says "DVD multi-recorder". That coupled with the discs makes me think I can copy DVDs. Does that mean I can copy them? (I have no idea how to tell for sure..)

Anyone care to tell me how to find the software on this damn thing so that I can figure this out? Remember.... I'm female, not computer literate, and blonde.

Thanks. :D

where would the software be? when I popped in a generic DVD (one of our stupid work things), the only thing that came up was the DVD itself... no options saying "copy DVD... play DVD" etc.

I have Local Disk C & Local Disk D

3 1/2 A drive, Cardioblate E, CD-RW drive F

and then under network i have my network disk.

Because it only says CD-RW, does that mean it only does CDs, not DVDs?
(when I popped in some CDs to copy, it brought up the media player asking what I wanted to do.. play, copy, etc. When I popped in a DVD, it just started playing it...)

lilcountriegal said:
I have Local Disk C & Local Disk D

3 1/2 A drive, Cardioblate E, CD-RW drive F

and then under network i have my network disk.

Because it only says CD-RW, does that mean it only does CDs, not DVDs?
(when I popped in some CDs to copy, it brought up the media player asking what I wanted to do.. play, copy, etc. When I popped in a DVD, it just started playing it...)

I can't tell you...for sure..I don't use
it myself..but from what I have pickup here an there...It maycopy DVDs..but I really don't know...
I know you can copy music on it.

My guess is you can copy "some" dvd
stuff...but I bet you need a special progam for that..which I'm sure will
be easy to find...

Here..these folks will tell you....
and you can find free stuff with them too....

Lots of stuff is copy protected now..you know.
http://www.komando.com

CDRW burner will not work for DVDs, you will need DVD burner for that. It does not sound like you have a dvd burner from your description. If you want you can try gamecopyworld.com it has bunch of utilities (you will need to navigate to them: choose one of the mirror sites, click enter...)
1ClickDVDCopy is good

Forum List

Back