Reed's family in serious car accident

Almost all of us have had loved ones hurt suddenly. Whether in a car accident or an industrial accident, it is a traumatic experiance. It has nothing at all to do with politics. Were it the wife of Bohner, we would all feel the same way. Having one's family seriously hurt, in a way in which we cannot help, is a universal fear for all of us.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
i heard on the radio that they both can feel their extremities and the injuries are not life threatening.

best wishes to them for a speedy recovery

The night my mom had a heart attack my dad came home, some men can't handle these situations. If he did return I am guessing it wasn't because he didn't care, it was probably because he didn't know what to do with himself.
My thoughts are with him and his family, and hopefully they make a fast recovery.

You know.....saw kinda the same thing happen with my Grandfather when my Grandmother died. He'd come in at his self designated times, sit with her for an hour, and then go back to the house and visit with friends and family.

He knew it was out of his hands, and he had to trust the doctors. Also, he found it better to be somewhere with someone he could talk to, that could talk back, rather than sitting at her bedside, feeling bad.

On the morning she died? They called him in early and he went. I got the call at 6:30 am that my Grandmother was going quick. Almost made it in to the hospital on time, but the car gave out and I had to wait for gas (I was on leave......not my car).

I understand why Reid did what he did.
I think it is hard for some men, and it is hard for them to handle their emotions. While the women are the ones who have to be in control, and then loose it later. And either way is not wrong.
Pain is a terrible thing, and we all deal with it in our own way.
I agree. I was in the hospital a bit over a week ago...bad, but they did a good job. The guy I'm seeing couldn't make it to visit. Made me mad, to be honest. But, I found out from a friend of his that he did not handle the news too well and was too embarrassed to show up. I was out a day and a half later anyway.

Best wishes to the Reid family.

You know.....saw kinda the same thing happen with my Grandfather when my Grandmother died. He'd come in at his self designated times, sit with her for an hour, and then go back to the house and visit with friends and family.

He knew it was out of his hands, and he had to trust the doctors. Also, he found it better to be somewhere with someone he could talk to, that could talk back, rather than sitting at her bedside, feeling bad.

On the morning she died? They called him in early and he went. I got the call at 6:30 am that my Grandmother was going quick. Almost made it in to the hospital on time, but the car gave out and I had to wait for gas (I was on leave......not my car).

I understand why Reid did what he did.

I think it is hard for some men, and it is hard for them to handle their emotions. While the women are the ones who have to be in control, and then loose it later. And either way is not wrong.

Pain is a terrible thing, and we all deal with it in our own way.

My wife says I have 2 emotions.

Asshole and comedian.

I say that those aren't emotions, those are states of being. She says "smartass".

So I guess I have 3 then.

Your wife sounds like a real joy with a great sense of the bizarre in life, and that she loves you and deals with your interesting qualities makes you a fortunate man. I'd say she understands that there are times when you are laughing to keep from crying.

A good marriage is a wonderful thing!

Forum List

Back