Reed's family in serious car accident

I read that article, terrible. The wife and daughter are in my prayers.

''While driving on a Washington, D.C., highway, their vehicle was rear-ended by a semi-truck,'' Manley said in a statement.

''Mrs. Reid has a broken nose, broken back and broken neck. Lana has a neck injury and facial lacerations. Both Mrs. Reid and Lana are conscious, can feel their extremities, and according to doctors their injuries are non-life threatening,'' Manley said. ''Sen. Reid has been to the hospital and appreciates the support he and his family are receiving from Nevadans and his colleagues in the Senate.''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/03/11/us/AP-US-Reid-Family-Accident.html?_r=1

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

Does not say what the Reid's were driving but I hope it was big. It almost does not matter as the weight ratio between a car and a semi (with loaded trailer) is about the same as between a car and a bicycle. :eek:

Trama always sucks but it's harder on the elderly. Once again, best wishes to the family.

Reid's Wife Breaks Neck, Back in Car Accident

As though Harry Reid doesn't have enough on his mind: The Senate Majority Leader's wife and daughter were both seriously injured on Thursday afternoon in a highway accident outside Washington, D.C., when their car was rear-ended by a semi-truck. Reid's wife Landra, to whom he has been married for 50 years, suffered a broken neck, back, and nose, while his daughter Lana sustained injuries to her neck and face; both are conscious and can feel their extremities, an indication that they aren't paralyzed. Upon receiving word of the accident around 4:15 p.m., Reid left a closed-door health-care meeting for the hospital, returning to the capitol later to continue.
Reid's Wife Breaks Neck, Back in Car Accident - The Daily Beast

I was thinking the same thing....He returned??

Who knows if the article is accurate though.

The night my mom had a heart attack my dad came home, some men can't handle these situations. If he did return I am guessing it wasn't because he didn't care, it was probably because he didn't know what to do with himself.
My thoughts are with him and his family, and hopefully they make a fast recovery.

Forum List

Back