Why do you feel you need someone to tell you that? Make up your own mind and move on.
The question I answered was regarding, what religious faith was I (if any), what makes me tick. So I ask, what in the world are YOU talking about?
Short term memory issues or trying to play mind twister? I'm simply responding to specifically what you have posted. :dunno:
The question was

"Are you of any religious faith.............what makes you tick."

MARTIN EDEN MERCURY SAID: I am told it's my heart. A muscle. I'm not so sure. I'm not so sure what energy, what life source keeps it going, before it finally exhausts itself. I do believe it has nothing to do with any of the old nonsense to be found in religious books, written by men who lived in ages, where and when they truly believed the Sun revolved around the Earth

Why would I need faith? Should I feel a need to be forgiven? For what? An original sin? Should I believe I am of a 'chosen' people because of my mother's blood line? Should I feel the need to insist I am a child of Abraham and as such -- I could go on and on. But to what purpose? Why should I need a religious faith? Why?
You injected: "Why do you feel you need someone to tell you that? Make up your own mind and move on."

The question I answered was regarding, what religious faith was I (if any), what makes me tick. So I ask, what in the world are YOU talking about?

Why do you feel you need someone to tell you that? Make up your own mind and move on.
Short term memory issues or trying to play mind twister? I'm simply responding to specifically what you have posted. :dunno:
The question was

"Are you of any religious faith.............what makes you tick."

MARTIN EDEN MERCURY SAID: I am told it's my heart. A muscle. I'm not so sure. I'm not so sure what energy, what life source keeps it going, before it finally exhausts itself. I do believe it has nothing to do with any of the old nonsense to be found in religious books, written by men who lived in ages, where and when they truly believed the Sun revolved around the Earth

Why would I need faith? Should I feel a need to be forgiven? For what? An original sin? Should I believe I am of a 'chosen' people because of my mother's blood line? Should I feel the need to insist I am a child of Abraham and as such -- I could go on and on. But to what purpose? Why should I need a religious faith? Why?
You injected: "Why do you feel you need someone to tell you that? Make up your own mind and move on."

Pretty obvious what my response was addressing, all you had to do was reread what you posted. :dunno:

I'll sum that up for you quick...........You are an atheist and your thread is deceptive way to condemn all religion.

Hell of a lot quicker than all the mumbo jumbo........
You can attempt to label me an Atheist. I am unsure why, but I hate to disappoint you. Most non believers are not Atheists. Nothing deceitful there. Having no need or desire for a supernatural, higher power -- is not the same thing as insisting on Atheism as the alternative to religious faith. You appear to be confused more than deceitful. The only deceit I can see is the one where you deceive yourself into believing that non believers are somehow a threat to you, like Atheists evidently are
Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries defineatheism as "a belief that there is no God."
Are these definitions from the course study books at the DeeFury Graduate School of Misunderstandings?

Pretty obvious what my response was addressing, all you had to do was reread what you posted. :dunno:
Really? When you injected yourself into a back and forth, it is up to you to be more clear and to the point. Again, what in the world were you talking about?

I'll sum that up for you quick...........You are an atheist and your thread is deceptive way to condemn all religion.

Hell of a lot quicker than all the mumbo jumbo........
You can attempt to label me an Atheist. I am unsure why, but I hate to disappoint you. Most non believers are not Atheists. Nothing deceitful there. Having no need or desire for a supernatural, higher power -- is not the same thing as insisting on Atheism as the alternative to religious faith. You appear to be confused more than deceitful. The only deceit I can see is the one where you deceive yourself into believing that non believers are somehow a threat to you, like Atheists evidently are
Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries defineatheism as "a belief that there is no God."
Are these definitions from the course study books at the DeeFury Graduate School of Misunderstandings?
Google definition when you google atheism..........atheist..............

What is the exact problem with that definition..................or are you offended by labels as you try to twist labels on others..........

Which Mod sock is he..................that's what I'm trying to figure out..............:eusa_think:

What is the exact problem with that definition..................or are you offended by labels as you try to twist labels on others..........
The Webster definition is amusing as it contains the archaic, which is always helpful in having a fuller understanding of things.

Definition of atheism
archaic : ungodliness, wickedness

2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity​

a disbelief is not the same as non belief. I do not live out my life attempting to disprove the existence of the supernatural. I usually do not even consider it, until others inject it into conversation or argument. Using parody and mockery to highlight the inane beliefs of my fellow citizens can be mistaken for an agenda, or ideology, or philosophical stance, but the reality is I just don't care. If people kept their beliefs to themselves -- but I ask the impossible. The whole point of most beliefs appears to be to show others how good, righteous, or whatever one is. Why else discuss something so personal and private?

mumbo jumbo........
this is a term usually used to describe religious tenets and dogma
:420:
It's used to describe many things by many different people, you really should look up the full definition.
Why would I need to do that? I can make up my own mind and move on.
Then why are you even bothering with this whole thread?
You must have missed the parody angle. It's okay. You seem to be determined to score points with yourself.

Well Bravo! :clap2: Bravo! :clap2:

mumbo jumbo........
It's used to describe many things by many different people, you really should look up the full definition.
You must have missed the parody angle. It's okay. You seem to be determined to score points with yourself.

Dismissive deflection, got it. Any more rationalizations and justifications you'd like to revel in?

The Webster definition is amusing as it contains the archaic, which is always helpful in having a fuller understanding of things.

Definition of atheism

a disbelief is not the same as non belief. I do not live out my life attempting to disprove the existence of the supernatural. I usually do not even consider it, until others inject it into conversation or argument. Using parody and mockery to highlight the inane beliefs of my fellow citizens can be mistaken for an agenda, or ideology, or philosophical stance, but the reality is I just don't care. If people kept their beliefs to themselves -- but I ask the impossible. The whole point of most beliefs appears to be to show others how good, righteous, or whatever one is. Why else discuss something so personal and private?
So you start a thread on the very thing and complain about it when challenged.....

LOL

:cuckoo:

Definition of atheism

So you start a thread on the very thing and complain about it when challenged.....

LOL

Is that how you see it? :rofl:

Dismissive deflection, got it. Any more rationalizations and justifications you'd like to revel in?
One. Why do your posts suck?

Definition of atheism

LOL

Is that how you see it? :rofl:
Yep.

One. Why do your posts suck?
LOL

Losing the purpose of his debate and goes cheesy on us....

LOL

Forum List

Back