Reducing the National Debt

Oh. You now want a perfect plan with a 100% success rate? Unless you can predict the future, that's not possible.
As I said: Your plan fails as the assumptions it is based on are unsound.
Was their something else? Maybe you'd like to submit a plan based on reality rather than a set of fantasy assumptions?

OK.. so where's the part where I said it needs to be paid off?

So which is it? Do you want the debt paid off? Or do you want the country to collapse?
False dichotomy.

heh heh ok ok. I get it.

I was under the impression you wanted to have an adult conversation. I was wrong. My bad.
I thougt we were.

You then got all upset because your 'plan' was shot down and that you failed to pay attention, resulting in a baseless assumption.

But, far be it friom me to stop you from tucking tail and running away.

:lol:

The Flat Tax by Forbes is as old as the hills like Reaganomic both of which = wreckanomics.

SS privatization = large debt

Social Security privatization would raise the size of the government’s deficit by another $300 billion per year for the next 20 years.
Social Security Q&A | Dollars & Sense

This does not seem to bother Republicans, as long as they are in power.

In fact, by the time the second Bush left office, the national debt had grown to $12.1 trillion:

* Over half of that amount had been created by Bush’s tax cuts for the very wealthy.

* Another 30% of the national debt had been created by the tax cuts for the wealthy under Presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

* Fully 81% of the national debt was created by just these three Republican Presidents.

How would the rest of the U.S. economy be affected if the private accounts replaced the current system?

Put simply, moving to a system of private accounts would not only put retirement income at risk—it would likely put the entire economy at risk.

Social Security Q&A | Dollars & Sense

As I said: Your plan fails as the assumptions it is based on are unsound.
Was their something else? Maybe you'd like to submit a plan based on reality rather than a set of fantasy assumptions?

OK.. so where's the part where I said it needs to be paid off?

False dichotomy.

heh heh ok ok. I get it.

I was under the impression you wanted to have an adult conversation. I was wrong. My bad.
I thougt we were.

You then got all upset because your 'plan' was shot down and that you failed to pay attention, resulting in a baseless assumption.

My "plan" wasn't shot down. You yourself said it has a chance.

I would comment on your "plan" ... but you apparently don't have one. Oh well.

heh heh ok ok. I get it.

I thougt we were.

You missed the part where I pointed out that none of the necessary conitions were possible.
That's where your plan was shot down - the conditions necessary for success do not, will not, and can not exist.

I would comment on your "plan" ... but you apparently don't have one. Oh well.
The fact that I have not offered a plan in no way helps to validate yours; as your plan is the issue under discussion, your response here is nothing but a weak and obvious red herring.
:dunno:

You missed the part where I pointed out that none of the necessary conitions were possible.
That's where your plan was shot down - the conditions necessary for success do not, will not, and can not exist.
We can't have 4% GDP growth?
We can't have 5% unemployment?
We can't borrow $1T over 5 years?
The fact that I have not offered a plan in no way helps to validate yours
And I never said it did. It does show what kind of person you are though.

1. Cut off the preferential Bush tax breaks forever

2. PUT 25 MILLION unemployed back to work at no less than $17.50 per hour

3. Sign on to the budget that some democrats put forward:

The Peoples Budget does everything this country needs = Smart Economics
* Reduces Debt by $10 trillion
* Creates good-paying jobs
* Fully maintains our social safety net
* Invests in education
* Ends our costly wars
* Closes the tax loopholes that have made offshoring jobs profitable
* Ends oil and gas subsidies that pollute our country at taxpayer expense
* Creates a national infrastructure investment bank to help us make intelligent investments for the future

This fiscally responsible budget represents the future we believe in as Americans

Fighting for a People's Budget | The Nation

Last edited:
We can't have 4% GDP growth?
Not from III/2011 to the end of 2016.

We can't have 5% unemployment?
Not from III/2011 to the end of 2016.

We can't borrow $1T over 5 years?
Doing so negates proposition 1, that -all- spending remains at 2011 levels; borrowing increases spending on the interest on the debt. If spending increases at ALL from 2011 levels, the assumptions in the plan are changed and so the plan, as laid down, fails.
You clearly fail to appreciate the signifcance of the bolded text.

And I never said it did. It does show what kind of person you are though.
Yes - one that isnt distracted by a weak and ovious red herring.
That -you- have offered -two- red herrings thus far speaks volumes.

Last edited:

3. Sign on to the budget that some democrats put forward yet the RINO NO party said NO:

* Invests in education
* Ends our costly wars
* Creates a national infrastructure investment bank to help us make intelligent investments for the future

This fiscally responsible budget represents the future we believe in as Americans

So still keep 50% of the population paying higher income tax while the other 50% pays nothing in income tax

Starting wages at $17.50 an hour??

The "People's Budget"?? What is this? The USSR??

Want to keep spending and spending on entitlements, eh?? Typical lib

Crack smoking lib

Equalize the taxation per dollar earned with a flat tax.... increasing the tax base.. determine then the rate needed to pay for spending and start paying off the debt.. of course drastically reducing spending and eliminating government entitlements for both rich and poor... no bailouts, no welfare... you're on your own for your own personal responsibilities of personal upkeep

3. Sign on to the budget that some democrats put forward:

* Invests in education
* Ends our costly wars

We'd be bankrupt and default in short order. And you think this is fiscally responsible?

3. Sign on to the budget that some democrats put forward yet the RINO NO party said NO:

* Invests in education
* Ends our costly wars

So still keep 50% of the population paying higher income tax while the other 50% pays nothing in income tax

Crack smoking lib

Equalize the taxation per dollar earned with a flat tax.... increasing the tax base.. determine then the rate needed to pay for spending and start paying off the debt.. of course drastically reducing spending and eliminating government entitlements for both rich and poor... no bailouts, no welfare... you're on your own for your own personal responsibilities of personal upkeep

Dave, you do realize that you can increase the tax base by putting more people to work and paying working people higher wages. You know this, right?

I see DiamondDave is right on schedule. I post a comment and he neg reps it, regardless of content.

See, if Dave had read my post and thought about it, he would have realized that the vast majority of our National Debt we owe to ourselves in the form of bonds. For most people, these bonds offer a safe investment vehicle that they can use to help in retirement. Paying off the debt means eliminating ALL of these bonds. Eliminating a safe retirement option for many Americans.

Why?

Why Dave? Why do you not want Americans to be able to safely save for retirement? Do you want them to only be able to go to Wall Street? Is that it?

We've heard you repeat your bullshit over and over and over again... does not make it anything more than bullshit still

I repeat it because it's true. There is no need for us to pay off the national debt.

You know, instead of ignoring my posts and neg repping me every time, you could, just once, try discussing the topic with me. You might learn something.

The magical way of the liberal in dealing with the problem... ignore it and it will go away...

No.... whether you like it or not, debts need to be paid and future budgets have to be trimmed of fat to live with the means... and if the entire citizenry paying an equal share on every dollar earned as income tax, it is more likely to cut government spending than having the upper 50% paying for it all when the other 50% gets shit for free...

* Invests in education
* Ends our costly wars

Crack smoking lib

Dave, you do realize that you can increase the tax base by putting more people to work and paying working people higher wages. You know this, right?

I'd love to know how you can put more people to work and start everybody at $17.50/hr minimum. You can do either one, but not both.

* Invests in education
* Ends our costly wars

Crack smoking lib

Government does not put people to work without the need to spend more, tax more, etc... Higher minimum wages like the laughable $17.50 an hour would drive HIGHER unemployment... and you still have the libbies trying to get the lowest earners handouts and benefits paid for by the higher earners.... unequal treatment under law

We've heard you repeat your bullshit over and over and over again... does not make it anything more than bullshit still

I repeat it because it's true. There is no need for us to pay off the national debt.

You know, instead of ignoring my posts and neg repping me every time, you could, just once, try discussing the topic with me. You might learn something.

The magical way of the liberal in dealing with the problem... ignore it and it will go away...

No.... whether you like it or not, debts need to be paid and future budgets have to be trimmed of fat to live with the means... and if the entire citizenry paying an equal share on every dollar earned as income tax, it is more likely to cut government spending than having the upper 50% paying for it all when the other 50% gets shit for free...

Our national debt does not need to be paid back. Period. I have seen no one, ever, on this board, even attempt to show why the national debt needs to be paid back.

Forum List

Back