Reduce the debt one transaction at a time

If Obama is successful in hiking taxes on the wealthy and when he quickly burns thru their money, who do you think is next? He's already raising the middle classes taxes behind their back thru things like ObamaCare. They think they are getting something great without realizing that the my2k charade is a wash with all of his other taxes.

What programs have been proposed that will quickly burn through our money?

Ummmmmm.....none

Since you spend a great deal of time here, I would assume you read a post or two in addition to posting yourself. In case you actually are not aware.......we are already spending money much faster than we are taking it in. Something to the tune of one trillion per year. We wouldn't have to add a single program in order to burn thru money. We are already burning thru it. Taxing the rich to pay down the debt is like slapping a bandaid on a severed head. We have a spending problem. Adding monstrosities like ObamaCare just adds to the problem. Plus there are many new taxes and fees hidden inside the bill that the Democrats said we have to pass to learn what's in it. Now it is coming out. While I fully support making the BUSH Tax Cuts permanent for ALL Americans, the $2k that Obama says it will leave in the pockets of Americans will just be devoured by his other taxes. Look, he knows it looks bad and is embarrassing to keep adding to the debt in astronomical numbers. The "tax the rich" mantra was a nice slab of red meat to excite the base and get out the vote. But the truth is, if he is going to use taxation to pay the debt, taxing the rich will only be a drop in the proverbial bucket. He could tax every person in the US who makes in excess of $250K 100% and it won't pay down the debt. When that money is gone, WHO is next? It has to be the people making under $250k. This is why Republicans keep offering a balanced approach of an increase in revenues AND spending cuts. Obama keeps rejecting it and simply wants to tax the rich. He doesn't have a fucking clue what the hell he is doing. He is operating out of ideology only. Left to his own devices, he will destroy........pardon me, fundamentally change.....this great nation of ours. It is his stated goal. You can look his words up o nthe interwebs.

Where is our accumulating debt coming from?

Wars
Reduced revenue do to tax cuts
Reduced revenue because of a poor economy
Interest on existing debt
Spending

The first two are going away. Increasing taxes and an improving economy will increase revenue. Spending cuts are being negotiated.

Forum List

Back