Reduce gun violence, legalize drugs

akelch

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Seems to me that gang shoots account for most of the gun violence in the US. And since drugs are the gangs number one source of revenue, legalizing drugs would take away their cash flow which in turn would lower the violence.

If people are really serious about saving lives then we need to consider our current laws and how they effort our lives before we think about adding more.

You're correct and it's not just gun violence that would decline, many types of crimes would drop. Less people would be incarcerated. States and cities would save billions. It's really quite a simple solution, but the public has been so brainwashed into the believing in the "War on Drugs."

Seems to me that gang shoots account for most of the gun violence in the US. And since drugs are the gangs number one source of revenue, legalizing drugs would take away their cash flow which in turn would lower the violence.

If people are really serious about saving lives then we need to consider our current laws and how they effort our lives before we think about adding more.

Why would you want to take that money away from the economy and politicians?

(I agree somewhat, I think all natural substances should be legalized and we need to strongly rethink our justice's system approach to the drug culture.)

I was just watching a vice documentary about mormons in mexico vs the cartels... and Mitt Romney's family in Mexico says we should legalize drugs so northern mexico stops becoming such a violent shithole.

And I absolutely agree. Drugs only makes the murders part of a lucrative business model.

I was just watching a vice documentary about mormons in mexico vs the cartels... and Mitt Romney's family in Mexico says we should legalize drugs so northern mexico stops becoming such a violent shithole.

And I absolutely agree. Drugs only makes the murders part of a lucrative business model.

Funny..I never heard him say anything about legalizing drugs in the US during the campaign.

Why would you want to take that money away from the economy and politicians?

(I agree somewhat, I think all natural substances should be legalized and we need to strongly rethink our justice's system approach to the drug culture.)

Finally I agree with you on something. I think Portugal got it right when they legalized all drugs and offered rehab for free.

Funny..I never heard him say anything about legalizing drugs in the US during the campaign.

I didn't realize that Mitt Romney's family in Mexico was on the campaign trail.

That is quite the excellent point!

Amen.

Found a great video addressing this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freedom-minded types certainly won't like my take, but the history of the entire fucking civilization of mankind says this is a fucked up idea.

China had 90 million opium addicts at one time.

Read this slowly, for comprehension:

'Given the experiences of countries such as Great Britain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, China, Japan, Spain, Egypt, Iran, and Thailand, it is little wonder why countries that traditionally have had lenient drug laws are all moving in the direction of illegalization. '

The Experience of Foreign Countries and Drug Legalization

Sorry to pee in the Wheaties.

Last edited:

Personally I like to remove dangerous tools from the area when young children are playing. Outlaw automatic, military style assault weapons and extended capacity magazines for all guns and that will begin to solve the violent gun deaths in America. Name one use for an AR-15 with a thirty clip other than to kill humans. We're the only industrialized nation in the world where a thousand gun deaths a month is considered acceptable. Surely we can do better.

Last edited:
If you legalize drugs you destroy the only real true free market in the world.

But really pot should be legal and coke, meth, opiate addicts should be treated as having a disease and rehab and maintinence meds should be offered.

Personally I like to remove dangerous tools from the area when young children are playing. Outlaw automatic, military style assault weapons and extended capacity magazines for all guns and that will begin to solve the violent gun deaths in America. Name one use for an AR-15 with a thirty clip other than to kill humans. We're the only industrialized nation in the world where a thousand gun deaths a month is considered acceptable. Surely we can do better.

You didn't view the video, did you?

Idiot.

You didn't view the video, did you?

Idiot.

Doubt it.

Freedom-minded types certainly won't like my take, but the history of the entire fucking civilization of mankind says this is a fucked up idea.

'Given the experiences of countries such as Great Britain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, China, Japan, Spain, Egypt, Iran, and Thailand, it is little wonder why countries that traditionally have had lenient drug laws are all moving in the direction of illegalization. '

No problem....the mistake that most societies make is to blame freedom for people's behavior. As though we know what is best for our fellow man and all we need is a smarter person to tell us how to live.

We also have a history of outlawing Alcohol...did that lower violent crimes?

No problem....the mistake that most societies make is to blame freedom for people's behavior. As though we know what is best for our fellow man and all we need is a smarter person to tell us how to live.

We also have a history of outlawing Alcohol...did that lower violent crimes?

Prohibition?

The end of it damn sure put some money from profits into stores run by working class
Americans instead of the criminal gangs of Chicago and New Jersey.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back