Redneck-the last racist target

The only reason the "Redneck" characature exists is because some folks LIKE to think of themselves as such.

We've got imbeciles here in Maine who identify themselves as REDNECKS.

Most of them are on welfare, but they vote Republican and hate whatever it is that they imagine must be liberal.

Most of the Rednecks I have known would be too proud to accept welfare if they qualified. It is possible to be happy and proud of who and what you are without being wealthy. For most of my life I just took it for granted that you had to be an inner city minority to qualify. Recknecks rule!

actually i have found you can still get away with making fun of Canadians (no one seems to care if you call them hosers, even them) and indians (the convenience store kind like Apu, not the cigar store kind, like Tonto).

Most of the Rednecks I have known would be too proud to accept welfare if they qualified. It is possible to be happy and proud of who and what you are without being wealthy. For most of my life I just took it for granted that you had to be an inner city minority to qualify. Recknecks rule!

My father got laid off once in the 50s and wouldn't sign up for unemployment compensation. It was a handout.

The only reason the "Redneck" characature exists is because some folks LIKE to think of themselves as such.

We've got imbeciles here in Maine who identify themselves as REDNECKS.

Most of them are on welfare, but they vote Republican and hate whatever it is that they imagine must be liberal.

That is not true. I would refer you back to my post about the crack the woman at the nursing seminar made addressing a group of TN nurses most of whom had better credentials than she had.

Forum List

Back