Redneck or Elitist?

Which label fits you best?

• Total voters
A redneck educated above his station.

Instead of learning a useful redneck craft like moonshining or running, I made the mistake of reading history and literature.

It's pretty much been downhill ever since.

• Banned
Are they mutually exclusive?

In this context yes.

Anyone that uses the term "redneck" in a derogatory manner is necessarily at least a little bit of an elitist. I do, therefore I had to go with elitist.

And to shit-kicker, inbred rednecks :D, anyone that's not redneck is an elitist.

The question should not be interpretted as absolute, but rather relative.

Which one are you more like...

But mostly I'm just interested to see who has the proverbial berries to consider the question honestly and cast a vote more than the actual votes themselves. :lol:

Last edited:
There are people who KNOW they're elitist and admit it to themselves? You all do realize it's not a good thing to be....right?

In this context yes.

Anyone that uses the term "redneck" in a derogatory manner is necessarily at least a little bit of an elitist. I do, therefore I had to go with elitist.

And to shit-kicker, inbred rednecks :D, anyone that's not redneck is an elitist.

The question should not be interpretted as absolute, but rather relative.

Which one are you more like...

But mostly I'm just interested to see who has the proverbial berries to consider the question honestly and cast a vote more than the actual votes themselves. :lol:

I noticed you didn't vote at first, doofus.

btw, what if I've used both terms in a derogatory manner?

I can think of one person here that I consider both.

I noticed you didn't vote at first, doofus.

btw, what if I've used both terms in a derogatory manner?

I can think of one person here that I consider both.

Then let me help you out...go with elitist.

Perhaps..:eusa_think:

But still, you must be more like one than the other. And I stick with my original assessment.

I can't help what you think, but that assessment certainly makes you an elitist.

And no, I don't have to be more like one than the other. That's plain silly.

Ravi is different in that if she knows she's elitist she'll try to change.

There are those who know they're elitist...and don't want to change...but accuse other of playing dirty when they're called on it.

Is being an elitist really a bad thing?

elitist
n : someone who believes in rule by an elite group [ant: egalitarian]

Sounds like an elitist is just someone who just thinks that people qualified to run things ought to to me. Of course it could also describe the kinds of people who ran George Bush for office just because he was their kind of person, too.

Oh, and by the way?

Being a redneck is ALSO something one can admire, although there isn't an authentic redneck alive today.

Rednecks were the moonshing farmers of Western Pennsylvania who participated in Shay's Whiskey rebellion.

They were so named because in order to identify themselves they wore red bandana around their necks.

Everyone's favorite President George Washington (that god damned ELITIST tool for Americans wealthy) put down that rebellion against taxation without representation because the RUM MONOPOLY of the East Coast demanded that he do so in order to protect their market for rum (more expensive BTW) in the larger East coast towns.

Here's a link to thumbnail of that event in history for those so inclined to want to know the facts.

Whiskey Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back