Redemption

Redemption,

It is what you make it to be.

You don't have to be a Christian to redeem yourself.

But Christians can by asking for forgiveness, but if they don't walk the walk, it really doesn't mean much, does it?

Do we not all sing redemption songs throughout our life?

I have been redeemed (and usually not deserving it) so many times I feel like coke bottle still being used from 1922.

Redemption is the one thing in life I look forward to.

Right after drink and sex.

Redemption,

But Christians can by asking for forgiveness, but if they don't walk the walk, it really doesn't mean much, does it?

I am a Christian. I walk what I talk. That is irrelevant. I didn't ask for a religion, nor someone's political stance on religion.

Religious or not, can redemption be attained, and who redeems?

Great thread, gunny. I am very curious what the wing nut righties believe redemption to be.

Redemption,

I am a Christian. I walk what I talk. That is irrelevant. I didn't ask for a religion, nor someone's political stance on religion.

So why did you put this in the religion section if you don't want to hear how a Christian redeem themselves too?
And, what political stance are you talking about? :confused:

As for your question, the person who is trying to redeem themselves is being redeemed. If they are wanting to forgive someone for something, that's up to them. But that other person has to want to redeem themselves too.

explain ....

There is no possibility of Redemption. What is done cannot be undone. And it is just for that reason, that we should not be afraid! The absence of redemption, is the proof of our freedom. For, if our past could be wiped out, our self-responsibility would be likewise wiped out; and free choice means nothing, indeed there is no "self," if you do not permanently bear the consequences of your choices. There never was nor ever can be "Redemption," Thank God!

Great thread, gunny. I am very curious what the wing nut righties believe redemption to be.

I am curious to see what everyone believes it to be. BTW .. I was raised a Southern Baptist in a staunchly Democratic family and most of the congregation was the same. What you need to work on is reconciliation. Your belief that Christianity is exclusively rightwing versus reality.

explain ....

There is no possibility of Redemption. What is done cannot be undone. And it is just for that reason, that we should not be afraid! The absence of redemption, is the proof of our freedom. For, if our past could be wiped out, our self-responsibility would be likewise wiped out; and free choice means nothing, indeed there is no "self," if you do not permanently bear the consequences of your choices. There never was nor ever can be "Redemption," Thank God!

Ctrl-Z is my redemption!

explain ....

Ctrl-Z is my redemption!

Awesome reply! Don't have a comeback for that one - ! :lol:

explain ....

I agree 100%.

I am curious to see what everyone believes it to be. BTW .. I was raised a Southern Baptist in a staunchly Democratic family and most of the congregation was the same. What you need to work on is reconciliation. Your belief that Christianity is exclusively rightwing versus reality.

Nah, you got me wrong, gunny. The right wing may believe that it "is exclusively rightwing versus reality", I don't. One can be some form of Baptist or Mormon or Muslim or Hindu or nothing for all I know about how it applies to others. I do think redemption is personal between redeemer and redeemed, and I do believe it requires no intermediary, no church, no prophet, no priesthood, no sisterhood, nothing at all to facilitate that relationship.

I am not a Christian (not that there is anything wrong with that *royalty check to Seinfeld*) but my personal opinion is this, you know when you have violated your own sense of personal worth, your reason for being, and then you yell out to God or the Universe, give me some grace, save me from myself.

That is either when grace comes or does not.

I do not know if it is from God or self, but redemption is what it is, take it any way you can get it.

Redemption,

So why did you put this in the religion section if you don't want to hear how a Christian redeem themselves too?
And, what political stance are you talking about? :confused:

As for your question, the person who is trying to redeem themselves is being redeemed. If they are wanting to forgive someone for something, that's up to them. But that other person has to want to redeem themselves too.

Religion AND ETHICS.

What if it's redeeming one's self?

Ctrl-Z is my redemption!

Awesome reply! Don't have a comeback for that one - ! :lol:

Sometimes don't you wish that Ctrl-Z worked in life?

explain ....

Trying to get on my good side, fuckwit? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back