Red VS Blue.... Incompatible ideologies?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Chuck Colson

August 1, 2005

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/chuckcolson/printcc20050801.shtml

2. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never had those problems. Must be the fundies who can't get over their hatred.

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    It's not about the citizens. Few citizens are like this. It's about the gridlocked politicians who see their goal as gaining power for their party, rather than try to benifit the country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    That is exactly what this is about!! Unfortunately power goes hand in hand with doing the people's bidding. In a perfect world the war would be won in the arena of ideas thus uniting the country a little more.

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I think Colson has arrived at a fairly accurate analysis. The divide is between the religious (Red States) and the secular (Blue States), with the secular having done a pretty good job of foisting its values onto society as a whole, especially the young. For a number of years, the religious let the secular do their thing with no challenge whatsoever. Now with the religious openly trying to counteract what the secular has been preaching (somewhat belatedly to say the least), all hell breaks loose. Name calling, character assassination, and casting aspersions on the religious intellect leads one to believe that "never the twain shall meet."

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Of course red and blue can't get along. I mean, just look at them. One's red, the other's blue, and they have flags of the same color? That just doesn't work.

http://www.redvsblue.com

Oh, and this is also reminding me of the "purple" election maps from the last election. I had almost forgotten that joke of an effort by the liberal tv stations to somehow let themselves still think they won.

7. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    The left tried to kill God but only resulted in killing their own spirituality and their ability to set priorities. One soul at a time is the way to heal this. Mr. Colson has been doing the work of twenty men in this regard over the last 30 years. That the left denies the Islamic terrorists exist on a global basis is perhaps understandable given their own inability to understand why anyone would want anyone else to convert to a "religion". The left hates the very idea of God and despises the thought of submitting to a higher power and its' moral code. After all wouldn't want Little Joe Leftie to alter his hedonistic lifestyle just to follow the Lord.