Red State Welfare Myth

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
News Headlines
(1) CA - 1/3 of the entire NATION'S welfare recipients are residences of the French State of America
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(10) NM - Purple (Swing State)
(11) IN - Red (but decreasing every year with Daniel's guidance)
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
12 of top 15 are Blue states
10 of the top 15 are Far Left Blue States
Only one red state in top 10 (2 in all of the two 15)
One purple swing state!

Interesting. I keep hearing (from the left, of course) how red states are the worst, but never looked into it. There are so many liberal talking points that get repeated ad nauseum that I stop listening. So many comments under articles use the slogan "bin Laden is dead, GM is alive". Whatever. Ford is alive, doing better than all of them and they did it without gubmint. Liberals want people to believe that none of us could survive without their help.

Thanks for posting this.

Interesting. I keep hearing (from the left, of course) how red states are the worst, but never looked into it. There are so many liberal talking points that get repeated ad nauseum that I stop listening. So many comments under articles use the slogan "bin Laden is dead, GM is alive". Whatever. Ford is alive, doing better than all of them and they did it without gubmint. Liberals want people to believe that none of us could survive without their help.

Thanks for posting this.

That's because right wingeers are easily fooled, or maybe they fit facts to their sick agenda.

News Headlines
(1) CA - 1/3 of the entire NATION'S welfare recipients are residences of the French State of America
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
One purple swing state!

The problem with your list is you're leaving out a big piece of information.

Those states on your list? They're also the homes of the most money, and pay the most taxes.

Those states pay for their welfare recipients.

News Headlines
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
One purple swing state!

Those states on your list? They're also the homes of the most money, and pay the most taxes.

The myth is not a myth. In fact, the blue states pay in more than they get back in Federal funds. The red states get more back then they put in.
http://visualizingeconomics.com/2010/02/17/federal-taxes-paidreceived-for-each-state/

Last edited:
News Headlines
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
One purple swing state!

LOL. So what you are saying is that in spite of sending in more than they get from the federal government, the Blue states still manage to aid their citizens more than the Red states. It still remains that the Red states are on the Federal tit while the Blue states support them, and support the less fortunate in the Blue states at the same time.

Thanks for posting this.

That's because right wingeers are easily fooled, or maybe they fit facts to their sick agenda.

No, not easily fooled, unlike the parrots who repeat these talking points without thought. I ignored them since I figured it was more crap. Each source has it's own version and I don't bother with leftie sites anymore.

Last edited:
News Headlines
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
One purple swing state!

So now, the evil rich are those living in blue states and voting Democrat?

News Headlines
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
One purple swing state!

Who are these "evil rich" you're talking about?

But yes, many "rich" people vote Democrat.

Who are these "evil rich" you're talking about?

But yes, many "rich" people vote Democrat.

But that can't be. Why would a rich person vote Democrat? Isn't that going against his best interests?

Poor Clammy, just cannot face up to the fact that the Red states are deadbeats, both in taking care of their own people and in recieving from the Blue states to make up for their laziness.

News Headlines
(2) ME - Dark Blue
(3) TN - Red
(4) MA - Dark Blue
(5) VT - Dark Blue
(6) DC - Dark Blue
(7) NY - Dark Blue
(8) MN - Dark Blue
(9) WA - Dark Blue
(12) RI - Dark Blue
(13) MI - Blue
(14) PA - Blue
(15) OR - Dark Blue

Run Down:
One purple swing state!

The myth is not a myth. In fact, the blue states pay in more than they get back in Federal funds. The red states get more back then they put in.
Federal Taxes paid/received for each State

And that's not all. Red States may have lower unemployment rates but their average income is much lower in a Right To Work (for less) state.

CBS (collective baragainin states) all occupations average $22.73
RTW all occupations average $18.86 a difference of $3.87 an hour

Right-to-work law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course I don't blame companies for moving to areas where workers allow themselves to be exploited. I can see why a company would move if they could get the same output for less wages, less (or no) healthcare costs and no pension costs. Before long those states will compete with Mexico quite nicely.

Thanks for posting this.

For also had a much better working relationship with the UAW.

For these fact, he avoids a key point. It isn't about "how many people" they have on welfare. It's about how much federal money gets back to states.

For instance, IL (home of Barack Obama) only gets back .73 of every dollar they send to Washington. CA and NY get .79 back.

But Alaska (Sometimes Home of Sarah Palin) gets 1.87 back for every dollar they send to Washington in the form of road projects and military bases. Utah gets 1.14 (so much for Mormon thriftiness) and WV gets 1.83.

The Tax Foundation - Why Do Some States Feast on Federal Spending, Not Others?

Forum List

Back