Red Sox

I still think this team will gel.. and will win the World Series this year.

I am a card-carrying member of "Red Sox Nation", but I will do my best to be objective with my opinions.

When you consider all of the injuries that the Red Sox have had this year (Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, and a myriad of more minor bumps and bruises), the fact that their bullpen is messed up, the fact that their starting pitching has been wildly inconsistent and banged up, and the fact that the players have had to adjust to a new manager (Bobby Valentine) who is an "old school" manager and won't allow the "inmates to run the asylum" (like Francona did), the fact that the Red Sox are four games over .500 is nothing short of a MIRACLE.

The whole Kevin Youklis mess is now resolved, and it looks to me as though the players are finding out that Bobby Valentine isn't a PUSHOVER like Tito Francona was. I doubt there will be any drinking of beer and raising hell in the clubhouse during games anymore.

Unlike many Red Sox fans and the radio talk show and TV idiots, I happen to believe that Bobby Valentine is EXACTLY what the Red Sox team needed. He is an excellent manager with a proven track record, and he won't spoil and coddle the Red Sox players like Francona did.

The Red Sox players absolutely QUIT on Francona last year, and they should be ashamed of themselves. A really good man and manager lost his job because he was too much of a "player's" manager, and he falsely assumed that his players would act like responsible ADULTS.

This year, Youklis found out the hard way that Valentine is not a manager to piss off. Pedroia has found out the same thing.

I am a card-carrying member of "Red Sox Nation", but I will do my best to be objective with my opinions.

When you consider all of the injuries that the Red Sox have had this year (Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, and a myriad of more minor bumps and bruises), the fact that their bullpen is messed up, the fact that their starting pitching has been wildly inconsistent and banged up, and the fact that the players have had to adjust to a new manager (Bobby Valentine) who is an "old school" manager and won't allow the "inmates to run the asylum" (like Francona did), the fact that the Red Sox are four games over .500 is nothing short of a MIRACLE.

The whole Kevin Youklis mess is now resolved, and it looks to me as though the players are finding out that Bobby Valentine isn't a PUSHOVER like Tito Francona was. I doubt there will be any drinking of beer and raising hell in the clubhouse during games anymore.

Unlike many Red Sox fans and the radio talk show and TV idiots, I happen to believe that Bobby Valentine is EXACTLY what the Red Sox team needed. He is an excellent manager with a proven track record, and he won't spoil and coddle the Red Sox players like Francona did.

The Red Sox players absolutely QUIT on Francona last year, and they should be ashamed of themselves. A really good man and manager lost his job because he was too much of a "player's" manager, and he falsely assumed that his players would act like responsible ADULTS.

This year, Youklis found out the hard way that Valentine is not a manager to piss off. Pedroia has found out the same thing.

Guys were actually drinking DURING games?

Starting pitchers who weren't pitching were drinking beer and eating food during the games last year. Josh Beckett and Jon Lester were two of the pitchers.

Starting pitchers who weren't pitching were drinking beer and eating food during the games last year. Josh Beckett and Jon Lester were two of the pitchers.

Lucky for them they don't have to bat in the AL. That wouldn't fly in the NL, I've seen teams use up all their pitchers due to having to be batted for, and have to throw a starter in relief...Also seen teams use up their bench and have to bat a pitcher.

That can be normal in the playoffs but during the regular season you never know when it might happen. That would be embarrassing that you use up every arm and have to throw a buzzed ass Josh Beckett.

do you mean you actually sent those douchebags money and got a red sox nation card? really?

Forum List

Back