Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Luddly Neddite, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,051
    And apparently to be an unnamed school shooter as well.

2. Asclepias

Asclepias Work Hard Play Hard

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,597
    I dont see anything yet about the expert going to court. Seem more like an attempt to sway public opinion. When the expert gets into court and says something that exposed him to perjury then I can trust him. I doubt he will do that. Right now it just looks like he was paid to say the guy didn't write it.

3. martybegan

martybegan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,739
    Then the other side can bring thier expert in to say he did write it, and thier analysis can be taken into account.

This has been out a few days now, one would think there would be some refuting done by another expert, but it hasnt happened yet.

There are countless examples of made up stories of racism, this wouldnt be any different.

4. Asclepias

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,597
    Why would you think that? No expert is going to refute anything unless they too test his writing. This is a company with corporate attorneys. I'm sure they are not going to expose their hand. Right now all this guy is doing is making noise to see if he can settle out of court. Thats how the game works.

5. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,728
    Can't be fraud unless money is involved.

Basically she is a scumbag - but that is not a criminal offense.

Yes, she and Red Lobster are being sued for Libel and Defamation.

Unfortunately, the Darden Group, owners of Red Lobster, will be the ones who pay - the "deep pockets" game used in our injustice system.

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,360
    It doesn't matter whether the waitress was lying. It SHOULD have been true because even a lie is justice. The customer SHOULD have written a racial slur so he DID, whether he really did or not.

The kind of people who fake a racist attack by setting themselves on fire are the kind of people who would do anything to fake a racist incident.

Police: Sharmeka Moffitt Lied About Attack, Set Herself On Fire (VIDEO)

7. martybegan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,739
    So there is ZERO chance this waitress or someone else besides the person being accused wrote in the word "******."

The new analyses being brought to light go against your preferred view of the event. Thus attacking the messanger is the only thing you have.

The anaylsis of the handwriting is out there for all to see, I'm sure if there is something wrong with said anaylsis someone will counter the experts claims.

8. Asclepias

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,597
    I cant tell if you first sentence is a question or a statement. Assuming it is a question there is always a chance that he is innocent and that she or someone else wrote it.

I'm not attacking the messenger. I'm saying people have been paid before to lie or color the truth and I'm pretty sure its not an isolated incident.

You cant critic the analysis unless you too test the handwriting. No expert is going to risk damage to their career claiming he is wrong without testing for themselves and coming up with a different conclusion.

9. martybegan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,739
    If this person is purely doing it for the money and falsifying thier analysis, I'm sure somone else in the profession would be ALL OVER them about it. The samples are in the open, and availible for another expert to check at thier leisure.

Here is the resume of the document examiner, he has an impressive CV, as well as the proper professional associations.

http://www.asqde.org/vastrick/vitae.pdf

10. Asclepias

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,597
    Why would they be all over him if they don't have their own handwriting sample to work with? That would be pretty stupid. Just because you are "sure" doesn't make true.

Resumes dont make people honest. Why would you think that because someone has a resume they must be telling the truth?