Red-Hot planet: All-time Heat Records set All over the World in past Week

Fairbanks, AK, USA
Sunday 3:00 pm...
86 | °F...
Hardly 'burning' for a sunny, summer afternoon, in Fairbanks.
I hope you're kidding Moron.
Average for July is 73/52
Here MORON:

fairbanks average summer high temp - Google Search

`

So you're stuck on averages There's 2 vitality important basics to any statistical measurement. ONE is the average -- the other is the VARIANCE. What is the summer time NORMAL variance for Fairbanks? You gonna look it up or am I?

Fairbanks, AK, USA
86 | °F...
Here MORON:

`

So you're stuck on averages There's 2 vitality important basics to any statistical measurement. ONE is the average -- the other is the VARIANCE. What is the summer time NORMAL variance for Fairbanks? You gonna look it up or am I?
I don't have to look up anything.
86 is Hot in Fairbanks

Nice try at the Burden shift and ambiguation though.
Too bad you're down 40 IQ points.
`

Someone recently made an Anecdotal "Gothcha" thread of some gauge they thought was misplaced/too close to an airport. AS IF pointing to this "refuted" all climate measurement worldwide.
Again, these Climate Deniers remind me of 9/11 Conspiracists:
Everyone/All the Worlds Scientists are in on this Plot. Tens of thousands.
The deniers/conspiracists look to One ambiguous, but minor issue they can weave the Kwazy Kwilt/Konspiwacy around.
But overall, the picture is quite clear. There is GW and AGW.

Red-hot planet: All-time heat records have been set all over the world during the past week
By Jason Samenow - July 5
Red-hot planet: All-time heat records have been set all over the world during the past week

(This article, originally published Tuesday, was updated Wednesday to add all-time heat records at Mount Washington, N.H., and Tbilisi, Georgia set since Monday.
On Thursday, the story was updated to include information on heat-related deaths in Canada and extraordinary heat in Siberia.
On Friday, it was updated to add the likely all-time heat record in Africa and Southern California.)

From the normally mild summer climes of Ireland, Scotland and Canada to the scorching Middle East to Southern California, numerous locations in the Northern Hemisphere have witnessed their hottest weather Ever recorded over the past week.

Large areas of heat pressure or heat domes scattered around the hemisphere led to the sweltering temperatures. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reports the heat is to blame for at least 54 deaths in southern Quebec, mostly in and near Montreal, which endured record high temperatures.

In Northern Siberia, along the coast of the Arctic Ocean – where weather observations are scarce – model analyses showed temperatures soaring 40 degrees above normal on July 5, to over 90 degrees.
“It is absolutely incredible and really one of the most intense heat events I’ve ever seen for so far north,” wrote meteorologist Nick Humphrey, who offers more detail on this extraordinary high-latitude hot spell on his blog...

[......]

L4LKCQJHRQ7HZIAAFWSCYEXNRY.png

Simulation of maximum temperatures on July 3 from American (GFS) weather model at two meters above the ground. (University of Maine Climate Reanalyzer)

[.....]

Again with the "Climate Re-Analyzer".. It's a toy simulator used by graduate students to PRODUCE temperature readings, depending on the initial conditions and the parameters and the ground truth they CHOOSE to start a simulation run.

How about just some ACTUAL local temps?

European Arctic swelters under tropical temperatures, breaks heat records

Svanhovd environmental center in the Pasvik valley, just on Norway’s border to Russia, measured 33,3 °C at 5 pm. That peaks the old record of 33°C measured at Banak airport in Lakselv on July 22nd, 1988.

On Russia’s Kola Peninsula, weather stations recorded 31,7 °C in Murmansk at 3 pm. That is slightly less than the previous record of 32,9 °C measured on July 9th, 1972, regional news online B-Port informs.

Lapland village nearly tops Finland's 2018 heat record

The village of Kevo in Finland’s northernmost municipality, Utsjoki, lost out by a whisker when it came to setting a heat record this week. The Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI) says the mercury topped out at 29.5 degrees Celsius on Tuesday.

That was just a tenth of degree below the summer record so far. It was set back on May 15, when the temperature climbed to 29.6 degrees at Helsinki Airport, in the south-eastern town of Kouvola and in Kimitoön on the south-west coast.

Kevo’s average temperature in July is 13 degrees. More than 1200 km north of Helsinki, the town is home to a nature reserve and the University of Turku’s Subarctic Research Station. Northern Finland’s heatwave is over for now, though.

“Cooler air is flowing into Lapland from the east and north-east. So we don’t expect temperatures above 25 in the next few days at least,” says FMI meteorologist Hannu Valta.

Bottom LINE? The weather has an incredible statistical variance in the Arctic ---. +/- 15 or 20degC is only a couple decade event on any given day.

All time records NEARLY set in Russia? Hottest temp in upper Finland NOT july 4th or 5th but May 15th? "We don't expect temperatures above 25 in the next few days" ??? It's weather. Not a crisis of any magnitude.

Let's check Saudi Arabia for this July and the daily records.

Riyadh July Weather 2018 - AccuWeather Forecast for Ar Riyāḑ Saudi Arabia

From JULY 1st to July 7th I count 6 out of 7 days AT OR BELOW THE AVERAGE for those dates. And ONLY July 5th exceeds the longterm historical avg. Likely that ONE DAY -- was not even a record of any consequence.

Quit shitting your britches over the "Climate Re-Analyzer".. It's a tool to push narratives, not science. And it's the usual suspect when really scary GW headlines break anymore.
So basically, your Goofy post Confirms my OP and subsequent SCORCHING weather.
Tho you Left out LARGE Parts of the GLOBE as shown in that OP.

Cherry Picking "Riyadh" (whose temp would not go up as much as more temperate zones in GW), shows nothing, and is either Stupid or Disingenuous.
Probably Both for you.
`
Your not very bright...

upload_2018-7-22_20-51-11.png

Again, your warmth is due to a blocking high and a regional event.

Your high pressures are degrading and have lost 20mb in the last day. They are breaking down.. You will cool off soon enough as blocking highs in this latitude are all losing pressures and breaking down.

Someone recently made an Anecdotal "Gothcha" thread of some gauge they thought was misplaced/too close to an airport. AS IF pointing to this "refuted" all climate measurement worldwide.
Again, these Climate Deniers remind me of 9/11 Conspiracists:
Everyone/All the Worlds Scientists are in on this Plot. Tens of thousands.
The deniers/conspiracists look to One ambiguous, but minor issue they can weave the Kwazy Kwilt/Konspiwacy around.
But overall, the picture is quite clear. There is GW and AGW.

By Jason Samenow - July 5

(This article, originally published Tuesday, was updated Wednesday to add all-time heat records at Mount Washington, N.H., and Tbilisi, Georgia set since Monday.
On Thursday, the story was updated to include information on heat-related deaths in Canada and extraordinary heat in Siberia.
On Friday, it was updated to add the likely all-time heat record in Africa and Southern California.)

From the normally mild summer climes of Ireland, Scotland and Canada to the scorching Middle East to Southern California, numerous locations in the Northern Hemisphere have witnessed their hottest weather Ever recorded over the past week.

Large areas of heat pressure or heat domes scattered around the hemisphere led to the sweltering temperatures. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reports the heat is to blame for at least 54 deaths in southern Quebec, mostly in and near Montreal, which endured record high temperatures.

In Northern Siberia, along the coast of the Arctic Ocean – where weather observations are scarce – model analyses showed temperatures soaring 40 degrees above normal on July 5, to over 90 degrees.
“It is absolutely incredible and really one of the most intense heat events I’ve ever seen for so far north,” wrote meteorologist Nick Humphrey, who offers more detail on this extraordinary high-latitude hot spell on his blog...

[......]

L4LKCQJHRQ7HZIAAFWSCYEXNRY.png

Simulation of maximum temperatures on July 3 from American (GFS) weather model at two meters above the ground. (University of Maine Climate Reanalyzer)

[.....]

Goto love the 120 year old earth AGW cult and their propaganda..

Next to you guys I trust the 6,000 year old earth Bible thumpers more.

You do know moron Alaska didn't officially start keeping records till the 1950s
You illiterate DOPE.
Did I claim a record?

Do you need a handbook to know 86 is Hot in Fairbanks?

Do you think it was regularly 95 in 1920 You IDIOT.
Their Permafrost, there for a LONG LONG time is melting under Fairbanks in the last decade or so.
My next thread start in fact.
`

Fairbanks, AK, USA
86 | °F...
Here MORON:

`

I don't have to look up anything.
86 is Hot in Fairbanks

Nice try at the Burden shift and ambiguation though.
Too bad you're down 40 IQ points.
`

Of course you don't have to look up anything. Because you're not INTERESTED in the actual problem and analyzing it. Hell, you might learn INCONVENIENT facts you couldn't exclude from random Google searches.

HERE's a sample of what you NEED to determine whether "86 is hot in Fairbanks for July"... Although July is not recorded here, the ENVELOPE around the temperatures is the 1 standard deviation EXPECTED variance for temperatures occurring in that month.

2013.png

Note that April the expected variance is about +/- 10 degrees. (1 std dev is about 68% of the time) -- while in the dead of winter it's nearly TWICE as wide an uncertainty. And that just the 1 std dev mark.

So it's pretty much what I TOLD you it was. THAT'S how you decide if any place is exceptionally warm/cold in any given month. And the bigger take-away here is -- It's INCREDIBLY hard to find a GWarming "signature' in daily temperature records that have 10 or 15 times the NATURAL variance of the "global anomaly" that you're claiming exist in weather patterns.

You illiterate DOPE.
Did I claim a record?

Their Permafrost, there for a LONG LONG time is melting under Fairbanks in the last decade or so.
`

How can we gauge the temperature of the planet without factoring in geo-engineering aka the Solar Radiation Management program that began in earnest in 1997 of the spraying of heavy metal nano-particulates???

chemtrails_pix5.jpg
1504566_10203555784446412_495766177190282742_n.jpg
10394600_10203979483958635_7325927193558755593_n.jpg
10710944_10202892161896263_5622985119569661452_n.jpg

You illiterate DOPE.
Did I claim a record?

`

What was the temperature there July 23, 1934, July 23, 1805, July 23, 1778, July 23, 1502, July 23, 1356, July 23 809, July 23 556???? You illeterate science propaganda tool ..

The earth is 4.5 billion years old not 120 years old when they started to keep records in just some parts of the northern hemisphere with thermometers that any one reading them can record different readings on a piece of paper.

GTFO with your junk science ..

Once again we have an idiot demonstrating his idiocy. This is what matters;

UAH_LT_1979_thru_June_2018_v6.jpg

UAH Global Temperature Update for June, 2018: +0.21 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD

Look at where the average is now, compared to where it was 40 years ago. When this graph started, we were in a La Nina. The temperature was at -0.3. About 1985, in a La Nina, it went down as far as -0.5. The lowest it has been in the La Nina just ended was 0.19. That is about a 0.7 jump in just 40 years. And we are headed for an El Nino by the end of this year. How high will that go?

Forum List

Back