Red Dawn: Eerily Familiar

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
The makers of the remake of the film Red Dawn (this time, the commies are Chinese) have been plastering the location where the movie is being shot with propaganda posters put out by the Chinese occupiers in the film.

Doug Powers has spotted eerie similarities between the Chi-Com propaganda posters and, um, certain campaign themes. Can you spot the similarities?

Moonbattery: Red Dawn: Eerily Familiar

Here's the synopsis if you're interested.

Red Dawn (2010) - Synopsis

I am very wary of it, because I loved the original. But the synopsis sounds good and I might give it a chance. I will wait for the critics review (I know that makes me scum, but on war movies I have found the critics do a good job).

I still think it should have been real post-9/11 with an Islamic Dawn, meaning it should have been an alliance of Muslim Countries invading the West. Starting off with a nuclear attack.

The makers of the remake of the film Red Dawn (this time, the commies are Chinese) have been plastering the location where the movie is being shot with propaganda posters put out by the Chinese occupiers in the film.

Doug Powers has spotted eerie similarities between the Chi-Com propaganda posters and, um, certain campaign themes. Can you spot the similarities?

I still think it should have been real post-9/11 with an Islamic Dawn, meaning it should have been an alliance of Muslim Countries invading the West. Starting off with a nuclear attack.

You wish. :eusa_eh:

They really need to stop with the remakes though. Goodness knows a original thought for a movie isn't that difficult.

Remakes and the originals are getting closer together. I'm waiting for the day when then remake is actually released before the original. That might actually open a worm-hole in the space-time continuum.

Remakes and the originals are getting closer together. I'm waiting for the day when then remake is actually released before the original. That might actually open a worm-hole in the space-time continuum.

Like in Spaceballs when they rent the video in the middle of the movie.

I frigging love that movie.

Like in Spaceballs when they rent the video in the middle of the movie.

I frigging love that movie.

Exactly! I forgot about that scene. :clap2:

rightcopyingcommu.gif

Eerily familiar. You Betcha.:razz:

I am very wary of it, because I loved the original. But the synopsis sounds good and I might give it a chance. I will wait for the critics review (I know that makes me scum, but on war movies I have found the critics do a good job).

Can't have an Islamic Dawn without a Jew Rooster Crowing, GHook.

Idea:

Let's reclaim WHITE CHRISTIAN AMERICA.

rightcopyingcommu.gif

Eerily familiar. You Betcha.:razz:

What I find hilarious about all this Person/party/group Y's slogans resemble X (insert appropriate bad thing here like Hitler's propaganda, Mao's propaganda, etc).

Why is it so hard to see that it's just all fucking marketing? It's not sinister, it's psychological.

I know I was just trying to point out how stupid this thread is.

Oh, I know. I was agreeing with you. Sorry, I didn't articulate it well.

Needless to say, this is about the 15th version of this thread in some incarnation or the other.

"You mean to tell me that political movements use symbolism and sloganeering to reach their target audiences? I am completely shocked!"

Forum List

Back