Red Cross is nowhere to be found.....Staten Island needs supplies.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hmmm..where did the thread go where the lefty weirdoes were bashing Romney for donating food/clothing/etc instead of cash to American Red Cross?

"Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief agencies."

Isolated NYC borough says help is slow after Sandy - Yahoo! News

I thought the Red Cross was the #1 premier charity ANYWHERE and nobody should even donate to anyone else?

Oh..and cash only...

"
"It's too much. You're in your house. You're freezing," said Geraldine Giordano, 82, a lifelong resident of the West Village. Near her home, city employees had set up a sink where residents could get fresh water, if they needed it. There were few takers. "Nobody wants to drink that water," Giordano said.
"Everybody's tired of it already," added Rosemarie Zurlo, a makeup artist who once worked on Woody Allen movies. She said she planned to temporarily abandon her powerless, unheated apartment in the West Village to stay with her sister in Brooklyn. "I'm leaving because I'm freezing. My apartment is ice cold."
There was increasing concern about the outage's impact on elderly residents. Community groups have been going door-to-door on the upper floors of darkened Manhattan apartment buildings, and city workers and volunteer in hard-hit Newark, N.J., delivered meals to seniors and others stuck in their buildings.
"It's been mostly older folks who aren't able to get out," said Monique George of Manhattan-based Community Voices Heard. "In some cases, they hadn't talked to folks in a few days. They haven't even seen anybody because the neighbors evacuated. They're actually happy that folks are checking, happy to see another person. To not see someone for a few days, in this city, it's kind of weird."

Sadly for those affected, looters are wearing utility company uniforms to gain access to defenseless residents.

Fuck 'em, let them fend for themselves.

There weren't any rescue crews busting their asses to help my family after Hurricane Hugo fucked our shit up when I was a kid. Noo Yawk can piss off.

FEMA is currently building 400,000 habitat homes that will be placed on grounds without water, or sewage.

I been hearing from several sources the Red Cross is useless, is this true?
Personally, I think they have a hard time with large scale storms due to logistics of being able to get to areas that even authorities have a hard time reaching. So far as working with the shelters, etc. I believe they probably do a pretty good job. And as in any large scale operation, it is only as good as the local management is, many of which may not have had to deal with situations on this scale before.

Personally, I think they have a hard time with large scale storms due to logistics of being able to get to areas that even authorities have a hard time reaching. So far as working with the shelters, etc. I believe they probably do a pretty good job. And as in any large scale operation, it is only as good as the local management is, many of which may not have had to deal with situations on this scale before.

I read a report the Red Cross showed up somewhere with chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate when the residents needed food, clothes, shelter, gasoline etc etc

Hmmm..where did the thread go where the lefty weirdoes were bashing Romney for donating food/clothing/etc instead of cash to American Red Cross?

"Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief agencies."

Isolated NYC borough says help is slow after Sandy - Yahoo! News

I thought the Red Cross was the #1 premier charity ANYWHERE and nobody should even donate to anyone else?

Oh..and cash only...

"
"It's too much. You're in your house. You're freezing," said Geraldine Giordano, 82, a lifelong resident of the West Village. Near her home, city employees had set up a sink where residents could get fresh water, if they needed it. There were few takers. "Nobody wants to drink that water," Giordano said.
"Everybody's tired of it already," added Rosemarie Zurlo, a makeup artist who once worked on Woody Allen movies. She said she planned to temporarily abandon her powerless, unheated apartment in the West Village to stay with her sister in Brooklyn. "I'm leaving because I'm freezing. My apartment is ice cold."
There was increasing concern about the outage's impact on elderly residents. Community groups have been going door-to-door on the upper floors of darkened Manhattan apartment buildings, and city workers and volunteer in hard-hit Newark, N.J., delivered meals to seniors and others stuck in their buildings.
"It's been mostly older folks who aren't able to get out," said Monique George of Manhattan-based Community Voices Heard. "In some cases, they hadn't talked to folks in a few days. They haven't even seen anybody because the neighbors evacuated. They're actually happy that folks are checking, happy to see another person. To not see someone for a few days, in this city, it's kind of weird."

already made a thread

on this

and it got

merged

this is a dupe

for dupes

got deleted

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...te-sector-abandons-staten-island-victims.html

Private Sector Abandons Staten Island Victims - US Message Board ...
www.usmessageboard.com › US Discussion › Current Events
11 hours ago – ... Cross "is nowhere to be found" said James Molinaro, the Staten Island Borough President. ... Dante could successfully start his own religion ...

Last edited:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...te-sector-abandons-staten-island-victims.html

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

seenothin.jpg

I read a report the Red Cross showed up somewhere with chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate when the residents needed food, clothes, shelter, gasoline etc etc

Seriously? And this adminstration has actually given them a larger role in providing after disasters.
Friday, October 22, 2010 — The American Red Cross will co-lead mass care response during emergencies in this country with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) under a new agreement signed today.

This agreement means that the Red Cross and FEMA will work even more closely together to help government agencies and community organizations plan, coordinate and provide a breadth of mass care services for people affected by disasters. Mass care services include opening shelters, feeding those affected, distributing emergency supplies and reuniting families.

The new memorandum of agreement (MOA) will combine the strength of FEMA as a federal agency and the decades of Red Cross experience in providing mass care to people in need.

“FEMA is only part of our nation’s emergency management team,” said FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate. “By partnering with the American Red Cross – another key member of this team –we will be able to coordinate mass care services more effectively and efficiently. Today’s signing was an important step forward not just for FEMA and the Red Cross, but for the many Americans who may need shelter, food, first aid and other types of mass care if a disaster strikes.”
with the Red Cross's history with large disasters and not getting to the people that really need the care, what were they thinking?

Forum List

Back