Red Cross Bans Christmas

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Christmas has been banned by the Red Cross from its 430 fund-raising shops.

Staff have been ordered to take down decorations and to remove any other signs of the Christian festival because they could offend Moslems.

The charity's politically-correct move triggered an avalanche of criticism and mockery last night - from Christians and Moslems.

Christine Banks, a volunteer at a Red Cross shop in New Romney, Kent, said: 'We put up a nativity scene in the window and were told to take it out. It seems we can't have anything that means Christmas. We're allowed to have some tinsel but that's it.

'When we send cards they have to say season's greetings or best wishes. They must not be linked directly to Christmas.

'When we asked we were told it is because we must not upset Moslems.'

Mrs Banks added: ' We have been instructed that we can't say anything about Christmas and we certainly can't have a Christmas tree.

' I think the policy is offensive to Moslems as well as to us. No reasonable person can object to Christians celebrating Christmas. But we are not supposed to show any sign of Christianity at all.'

Labour peer Lord Ahmed, one of the country's most prominent Moslem politicians, said: 'It is stupid to think Moslems would be offended.

Read more: The Red Cross bans Christmas | Mail Online

It's a good thing this isn't the American Red Cross. They rely on donations from those offensive pro-Christmas people.

Looks like the Red Cross is forward thinking and looks as I do towards a future where people give out of the goodness in thier hearts and according to need as it should be with no alterior motive. Good on them.

Staff have been ordered to take down decorations and to remove any other signs of the Christian festival because they could offend Moslems.

The charity's politically-correct move triggered an avalanche of criticism and mockery last night - from Christians and Moslems.

Christine Banks, a volunteer at a Red Cross shop in New Romney, Kent, said: 'We put up a nativity scene in the window and were told to take it out. It seems we can't have anything that means Christmas. We're allowed to have some tinsel but that's it.

'When we send cards they have to say season's greetings or best wishes. They must not be linked directly to Christmas.

Mrs Banks added: ' We have been instructed that we can't say anything about Christmas and we certainly can't have a Christmas tree.

' I think the policy is offensive to Moslems as well as to us. No reasonable person can object to Christians celebrating Christmas. But we are not supposed to show any sign of Christianity at all.'

Labour peer Lord Ahmed, one of the country's most prominent Moslem politicians, said: 'It is stupid to think Moslems would be offended.

It's a good thing this isn't the American Red Cross. They rely on donations from those offensive pro-Christmas people.

The American REd Cross gets reimbursements and grants from local, state and federal government agencies for specific projects.

IN 2007 ARC got $51.3 million in GRANTS from the government

In 2007 ARC got "program revenue fees" from Federal, state and local governments that amounted to $2.3 BILLION

Their IRS 990 tax report is here for your persual:

http://www.redcross.org/www-files/Documents/pdf/corppubs/ARC_990_2008.pdf </SPAN></SPAN>
</SPAN>

Tax forms give me a headache editec. :lol:

We support the Red Cross. We donate money and blood several times a year. I would think twice if they pulled something stupid like this.

I usually support the Red Cross.... I've just written to them advising them that I will be swapping my support to a less hypocritical organization. They ban Christian displays - and use Christmas as a fundraiser on their website. Laughably hypocritical. Also, of course, the majority of Muslims are not offended by Christmas and organizations such as the Red Cross do enormous damage by sending out a false impression of Muslims. I find that offensive.

Looks like the Red Cross is forward thinking and looks as I do towards a future where people give out of the goodness in thier hearts and according to need as it should be with no alterior motive. Good on them.

Moron alert. Retard present.

Ya... An organization that does the right thing without injecting bullshit. How retarded and moronic. Push your fantasies in your churches.

Ya... An organization that does the right thing without injecting bullshit. How retarded and moronic. Push your fantasies in your churches.

It is the 'right thing' in your opinion. To other people, maybe, not so much. Learn to recognize the difference between opinion and fact, Diaper Boy.

It is the 'right thing' in your opinion. To other people, maybe, not so much. Learn to recognize the difference between opinion and fact, Diaper Boy.

AND ..Your opinion is that the Red Cross does not endeavor to do "the right thing"? I was going to call you a lying twat but I will not because this should be a civil discussion. If you would prefer to have it otherwise I can accomodate.

Link please.

as to the symbol itself...

Relation to the flag of Switzerland

According to the ICRC, the emblem adopted was formed by reversing the colours of the Swiss flag.[1] However, according to jurist and Red Cross historian Pierre Boissier, no clear evidence of this origin has been found; the concept that the design was chosen to compliment the country in which the convention at which it was adopted was held, was promoted later to counter the objections of Turkey that the flag was a Christian symbol.[2] This was enshrined in the 1906 revision of the Convention.[3]

Emblems of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think though that CG makes a very valid point, IF they have no wish to be seen as non secular, then they should not be using a religious holiday as marketing platform.

How sad that the chip on their shoulder Christian faction would attempt to demonize an organization that does so much good.

It turns out that these people have stumbled across an article that appeared in the Daily Mail in 2002 and now forms part of the paper’s online archive. Unfortunately, the article isn’t dated on the Mail’s site, which had led some people to believe this was a current news story – although references in it to Sangatte, the Calais refugee camp that closed in 2002, do serve to date it. We denied the gist of the piece strongly at the time.

Christmas is a major UK holiday and time of celebration, which is shared by people of all faiths and those of no faith. Many of our shops and offices are decked out in festive decorations around this time of year – we also sell a range of Christmas cards and gifts in our shops, both high street and online.
It’s true that you won’t find explicitly religious items or displays, relating to any faith, in any of our shops, at Christmas or any other time. But this certainly doesn’t amount to a ban on us celebrating or mentioning Christmas, or any other holiday. And it’s absolutely nothing to do with “offending non-Christians” or to serve any other sort of politically correct agenda.
The point is that the Red Cross is not a political or religious organisation. This neutrality is one of our fundamental principles and governs everything we do in the whole Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It means that we can reach and help people in need, whoever and wherever they are. Often we provide help in countries that other organisations cannot or will not work in.
We cross front lines in times of war to help conflict victims and visit prisoners of war on both sides. We can only do this life-saving work because we are understood to be a completely neutral, independent organisation. Put simply, our neutrality saves lives.
How the Red Cross didn?t steal Christmas Red Cross Blogs

AND ..Your opinion is that the Red Cross does not endeavor to do "the right thing"? I was going to call you a lying twat but I will not because this should be a civil discussion. If you would prefer to have it otherwise I can accomodate.

Link please.

The 'right thing' is not to act like a bunch of hypocrites. Civilized enough for ya?

More examples of the left's tollerance :cuckoo:

Link please.

The 'right thing' is not to act like a bunch of hypocrites. Civilized enough for ya?

You are calling the Red Cross hypocrits? You are daft. They are not choosing sides. They are neutral. That means no religion gets special treatment. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Forum List

Back