Red Bull heir living jet-set life as he gets away with fatal hit and run

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Pretty sad. I don't drink the stuff, but if I did this story would make me look for anotger brand.

Red Bull heir enjoys jet-set life 4 years after hit-and-run

BANGKOK (AP) — The Ferrari driver who allegedly slammed into a motorcycle cop, dragged him along the road and then sped away from the mangled body took just hours to find, as investigators followed a trail of brake fluid into the gated estate of one of Thailand's richest families.

But the prosecution of Red Bull heir Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya has been delayed almost five years. When Vorayuth, 31, has been called in to face authorities, he hasn't shown up, claiming through his attorney that he's sick or out of the country on business. And while statutes of limitations run out on key charges this year, it's widely assumed he's hiding, possibly abroad, or quietly living locally, only going out in disguise.

He isn't.

Within weeks of the accident, The Associated Press has found, Vorayuth was back to enjoying his family's jet-set life, largely associated with the Red Bull, an energy drink brand co-founded by his grandfather. He flies around the world on Red Bull jets, cheers their Formula One racing team from Red Bull's VIP seats and keeps a black Porsche Carrera in London with a custom plate: B055 RBR. Boss Red Bull Racing.

Last month, social media clues led AP reporters to the sacred city of Luang Prabang, Laos, where he and his family enjoyed a $1,000-a-night resort, visited temples and lounged by the pool.

Critics say inaction in this case epitomizes longstanding privilege for the wealthy class in Thailand, a politically tumultuous country that has struggled with rule of law for decades.

The Yoovidhya family attorney did not respond to AP's request to interview Vorayuth.

He's due at the prosecutors' office again, this Thursday.

Red Bull heir enjoys jet-set life 4 years after hit-and-run

I tried the stuff once. To me, it is nasty! May the guy be put away for life. The inheritance can then be given to someone who deserves it...like the victims family.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Didn't get away with anything criminal illegal aliens don't get away with nearly every day somewhere in the country, so why should anybody else be held accountable? Besides, according to faux left wing vermin and libertarians, everything is supposed to be legal, cuz that reduces crime and stuff.

I never liked Red Bull. The monster coffee drinks are where it's at. The Salted Caramel is top shelf. I call it my crackachino.

Forum List

Back