Recruitment Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the CIA should take it over. At least that way they'd be able to round them up, maybe even rig a few "planned attacks" that they could crush and claim credit for...

This is what happens when you wage war on an IDEA. Were creating more terrorists than we can kill, such a sad state. What did you expect, flowers?

posted by Xenimus

This is what happens when you wage war on an IDEA. Were creating more terrorists than we can kill, such a sad state. What did you expect, flowers?

Gee I thought we were going after those that had threatened destruction, then carried it out, (Afghanistan via UBL). Then those that were encouraging and backing others to do the same, (Iraq).

and all this time it was going after an IDEA. What idea was it, exactly?

Nobody would let them run wild, not sure why you would think that. They are criminals. When the terrorists struck on 9/11, we would have been better off arresting and prosecuting the terrorists network, seizing their flow of funds through fake charitys, and destorying their organization.

And to destory the idea of killing americans, we could , lets say, condemn Saudi Arabia for teaching hate of americans in their schools and take appropriate actions.

That was my plan anyway.

Kathianne, its an idea similar to what timothy mcveigh believed in.
The killing of civilians to get a reaction out of a goverment, so that the reaction would meet his political goals.
Mcveigh thought that if he destroyed the goverment building, Clinton's administration would suspend the constitution and destroy our civil liberties, and the good christians would rise up and take back their country. He read it in a book.
This is similar to what Osama wanted, he wanted the administration react in a way that threated the whole arab world, and bring the enemy TO him, creating a holy war. And we have it.
Thats my very simple version, I really hope you understand with my bad grammer and all.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
do you really think thing's would be that much different otherwise?
Ya, not as many us citizens would be dead fighting over there. Ten or so thousand civilians.
Oh, any maybe we could spend a bit more money on our border and aviation systems.

If Clinton reacted in the same way Bush did, what would he do? Overthrow states that believed in what Mcveigh was doing? occupy their towns and change their leaders? I think he would get his revolution.

After the bombing, I'll bet even Christians looked at what he did as very evil. After september 11th, the Muslim world looked at what happened as evil, Im sure republicans would object to that.

Ten or so thousand civilians? who are you referring to?
The afghanis and iraqis who were killed in the initial bombings, cluster bombs were used unfortunatly. Many are still being killed today of course, although we dont hear about it. Hmm, If media was so liberal you would think they would give some air time to all those people and blame bush for a massacre, dont you think?

Xenimus, that's not exactly how it went down:

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/980223-fatwa.htm

from his fatwa, 1998:

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah."

We -- with Allah's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in Allah and wishes to be rewarded to comply with Allah's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.

Read the whole thing. It is quite convoluted, but basically he says the infidels are out to destroy the Middle East, no rest til they are gone. Then he goes on, excerpted from above: "kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it." Which pretty much puts rest to it being confined to 'over there' if you didn't understand 9/11, Beirut, USS Cole, embassy bombings, etc.

You think Mcveigh was the lone psychotic? what about the people who bomb abortions clinics, or the christian terrorists cought last year in texas with bomb making materials.

I wish you knew how much Al qaida has grown since the invasion. It was an international terrorist organization with couple thousand people involved, now, in lets say, palastine, Osama's approval is at 80%!!! You think it was that way before we invaded? It was at less than 1%, now he is know to them as much as we know him as enemy...Your tactics propped up the enemy to unbelievable stature. He is not worthy foe of the USA!! He is simply a killer with funding! treat him as the scum he is.

The problem is not UBL, probably never was. He has had the capital and the charisma to carry out and articulate a brand of Islam that seems to go down very well with many, if not a majority of Muslims.

No one, least of all the US wants a religious war, but UBL and his ilk may leave no other choice.The West waited too long to respond to the spread of Wahabbism and the attached Sharia law. They are not flexible here, accept, (ie. surrender), or die. I choose we go for an unstated option.

Kathianne, I understand what you are saying, that the war has already started on their side, because of our associations with israel and saudiarabia , mostly..the problem is the route we are taking in my opinion.
We are taking the route of Pre-emptive actions against other nations who support terror, arguably ofcourse. But I believe we are taking the road of israel, we obviosly are using the same tactics, and their pre-emptiveness. And look were they are, fighting the same war, about at the same magnitude as when they started.
The officials in our administration are saying the same thing, 'its a long war', 'it may go on longer than our lifetime'. You bet it will.

I say we stop supporting saudi arabia because the support radical hate and killing of americans, too bad they are in tight with this administration..wow, that would be 2 birds with one stone. The reason they are killing us in the first place is because of Saudi Arabia.

Oh, and you say nobody HERE wants holy war? Should point a critical eye on our generals. heres one http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1106865.htm
Looks like he has links to iraq prison torture.

Bush equated Iraq with the "axis of evil", Iraq ignored all resolutions put forth by the UN for the past 13 years!!

So in order to be a Con, you should get out of the United Nations, but our highest national priority is enforcing U. N. resolutions against Iraq?

:confused: I dont get it.

I agree with you about Saudi Arabia, they seem to be heading to the end, because they refused to think they could be the last eaten. 'Pay UBL off, export extremism, we'll be safe here.' Can't deal with the devil, ask Stalin about Hitler.

I disagree with your analysis though on Israel. They will never be secure, as long as the Palestinians are being backed Saudi style by other nations. No one wants the Palestinians, though Israel IS willing to give them land for a state. The Palis though, they want it ALL. Even Egypt has just about had it with Arafat.

In the meantime, while not total security, the wall IS helping, notice the fall off on the bombings? Of course it's not from lack of trying, though now they seem much more likely to detonate themselves or their homes. Ah well, so much for genius.

Originally posted by Kathianne
I'm wondering, which invasion? Afghanistan, Iraq?

If Iraq, no country has done more to try and block the invasion and subsequent attempts to nationbuild than France. Look what they get in return:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/story/0,12469,1235407,00.html

They caught a terrorist! good job. Just think what would happen if France invaded his home country, would probly lose and many troops and civilians would die.(like in a second bombing, without the terrorist even having to goto france)

*Wonders why France gets all negetive feedback* They only helped us get our freedom, hint, independence , hint, statue, hint.

You're beginning, no, past beginning to appear a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back