Recruiting...The Discussion

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Ya...Ya... I read the EDICT.. OK Gunny... Your board..Your rules.

I would like to see a little common sense weasel it's way into a discussion on this topic.

Recruiting is a two way street. Two members asked me what happened to a certain member by PM and I told them by PM where they could find that member. As it turns out one of the two was already aware of that location and was just pulling my chain.

What troubles me about THE EDICT is that I have personally recruited at least a hundred people in the real world to USMB. Now I feel stupid for the effort because the admin feels that it is wrong to try to bring new people to a site they find useful or entertaining. Granted I did not recruit for USMB on any web site... that is because for the last two years I have participated in no other political message board. I'm loyal like that.

BTW ..I'm 100% in Gunny's camp on any kind of recruiting or sales on the message board.

I would like to see a change in admin policy about PMs and discussing other sites. A PM should be sacred ground. If someone PM's me about so and so and I say .."Ya..I ran into so and so over at blah blah blah.com" That should be the bidness of the parties of the PM.

I know this much. I won't be actively recruiting for this site any more until there is recognition of it's two way nature and the sanctity of PM's.

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I finally found it....

Nevermind :)

Last edited:
I can assure everyone here, without qualification or purpose of evasion, that NO ONE has tried to invite me to other message boards!

That is all.

kitchener.jpg

Your message board needs you!

I can assure everyone here, without qualification or purpose of evasion, that NO ONE has tried to invite me to other message boards!

That is all.

Moi non plus.

I may be an asshole, but as a responsible jerk, I work diligently, EVERY DAY, to insure that no one else ever invites me to another messageboard.

I am loyal to USMB. I personally vow that I will reserve my assholedness for USMB only, and I challenge the other responsible assholes of this forum to join with me in that endeavor.

No war but board war!

I've gotten invites to numerous messageboards during my time here. It never crossed my mind to go run and tell the Admins about it ... even when I was orange.

Forum List

Back