Recruiters complain college hires are leaving them in the lurch

If there were no legal contracts, then there was no binding agreement. Remember, it is not personal. That American college graduates are demanding they be taken seriously by management and capital bodes well for the American middle class.

Let us also remember an employee is not there to help the company succeed, the worker is there to grab a paycheck only, and only that. The loyalty and all that other jargin is out the window nowadays. I walked out on 3 jobs in my lifetime with no notice, nothing. SOme of the best days of my life.

When you agree to take a job with a company, is it ethical to fail to honor that agreement?
Hey I'm all for getting the biggest paycheck you can, but I abide by my agreements and I would like others to abide by theirs.

Of course not...companies do it all the time
Agree to hire someone and pull out if conditions change

You are an at will employee. You can be fired at any time. Likewise, the employee can leave at any time

What if the employee started the job and then quit when a better offer came along?

IF the employee starts a job and finds a better one they can walk out, right now, no 2 weeks notice stuff. You owe your employer only a good days work and a smart worker is always looking for an increase in pay and better overall conditions.

In the case, the employer has nothing invested in the employee. The employee owes nothing, either legally or morally

The Workers Who Say Thanks but No Thanks to Jobs - WSJ

One of the strongest graduate hiring seasons in recent memory has had an unpleasant byproduct for campus recruiters, who say their college hires are jilting them at the last minute. The trend has vexed hiring managers, flustered students and left colleges torn between helping graduates get ahead and staying in the good graces of companies that recruit on campus.

-----------------------------

Companies fight over college students.

Not the best example - but an example :

Joe Dough gets a degree in underwater polo from Princeton, and John Ames gets a degree in Economics from Virginia Tech. Joe Dough gets hired.....because he graduated from an Ivy league School.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I read right......Valerie Plame had a degree in Advertising to get into the CIA , and not until after she was employed by the CIA did she earn to advanced degrees. She must be smart - she speaks three or four languages, but none the less, and advertising degree got her into the front doors of the US Central Intelligence Agency.....and into a career of espionage and spying. A career that some people would die for ; and with a much better education.

Advertising......and received employment into the US Central Intelligence Agency. I don't have a problem with it.....but one would think that Advertising would not be a degree that the CIA would accept.

Corporate recruiters make the grass look greener on the other side of the fence. Benefit packages are alright, but not top of the line.....nor most generally is the pay based on the education of the new college grad...nor what their job position and responsibility will be.. Corporate Recruiters want their paper work and employment roster to look really great, and have something to brag about. To do that, they hire new college graduates into the job market......by again = making the grass look greener on the other side of the fence. They want the college grads from the most poplar schools.

Also...getting a job should be based on your knowledge - experience - background and education. IT SHOULD not be based on whom you know, or are connected with.

Some corporate recruiters lie and manipulate college grads, and in the employment phase.... cheat them out of some benefits and income to save money.....taking advantage of a naïve person whom isignorant of the job market and just wanting to get their lives started = a pay check, a house, a vehicle, trips on vacation.....ect.

Corporate recruiters then get angered when the grad backs out on the deal. A deal that the recruiter would have taken if they were in the college grads position.

Don't cheat people, then get mad if you yourself get cheated back. Offer pay and benefit packages based on the experience, knowledge and responsibility that the new hire has.

Don't take advantage of the new hires ignorance and absence of knowledge. It takes most people time to get "Settled in" , get to know everyone, and become comfortable with the new environment.

Shadow 355

In the case, the employer has nothing invested in the employee. The employee owes nothing, either legally or morally

If the employer is honest, upfront and treats the college grad with honesty ; paying them what they deserve instead of cheating them in pay and benefits......more than likely that college grad , WHOM JUST learned all the new ideas...and has a fresh education, will stay. And the college grad staying......is a plus - plus benefit to the company.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back