Recreational Pot Use Legal in Canada - October 17

no conservatives smoke pot?...you cant possibly be that naive...and how the hell would you know?....you dont hang out with pot smokers,you claimed in the past you will have nothing to do with it,so how the hell would you know?.......there are MANY Conservative people who smoke pot OR want it at least decriminalized.....

Apparently you don’t understand what it means to be a Conservative. It’s not a synonym for Republican. It requires you to Walk the Talk.
i know what conservative is dumbass....you are a extreme individual.... i would like to see how many real conservatives today would follow you back to the dark ages if there was a time portal to back there....when you pass through and turn around you might be alone...

i know what conservative is dumbass....you are a extreme individual.... i would like to see how many real conservatives today would follow you back to the dark ages if there was a time portal to back there....when you pass through and turn around you might be alone...

Conservatism is an extreme philosophy. I’d rather be Right and alone than Wrong and part of the crowd.

Explain what you mean by "the immorality of the act".

It is explicitly immoral to place oneself in an altered mental state where one is not capable (or having a reduced capacity) of making appropriate life or death decisions in a split second. It violates the basic tenant of personal responsibility.

Explain what you mean by "the immorality of the act".

It is explicitly immoral to place oneself in an altered mental state where one is not capable (or having a reduced capacity) of making appropriate life or death decisions in a split second. It violates the basic tenant of personal responsibility.

Oh.

Well, you are free to wrap yourself in any self-devised moralistic opinion you choose, of course.

Where is this "basic tenant" written down, please? I'm sure we're all curious.

Conservatism is an extreme philosophy. I’d rather be Right and alone than Wrong and part of the crowd.
you would be alone thats for dam sure....

It may sound odd, but lots of American pot smokers are moving to Canada just to be able to smoke their favorite drug, without criminal repercussions. Well, to each his own, but these pot smokers may not be seeing the whole picture.

For one thing, it's a pretty valuable thing to be an American. Lots of people risk their lives trying to get into the US. Others risk jail time and other things trying to stay here illegally.

Then, there's the health aspect. Maybe some of the potheads will chop up their stash and sprinkle it into the foods and drinks. I suspect though that the majority will take it the traditional way of smoking it. As George H. Bush use to say >> "Bad! Bad!"

Did these pot smokers not think years of smoking pot (inhaling to the deepest part of their lungs) would not have a harmful effect on their health ? I saw signs of some pot smoking campaigners when the law was being debated. They said >> "Have fun!"...with a picture of a burning reefer.
What may be "fun"to a young person now, may not be so much fun 30 years later, when all that puffing takes its toll on their older bodies. Then it may be too late to turn back the years of cardiac-pulmonary abuse. For me, I'll stick with clean air, for my lungs.

I suppose some long-time pot smokers may say they've been smoking it for 30 years (or more), and they're in great health. They can't compare themselves with how they'd be if they had not smoked all those years, however. I would tend to doubt their magnified speculations.

Lastly, Canada may not realize the full impact of this legalization. What effect will it have on their government health system 30 years from now ? And don't they have tough regulations about air pollution?
You can't just move to Canada or anywhere else. They have ID cards and other forms of security, as they don't have a****** GOP that loves cheap easily bullied labor, super duper.

Where is this "basic tenant" written down, please? I'm sure we're all curious.

It’s a basic tenant of human society and traditional morality. If you don’t understand that we probably don’t have the basis for any conversation.

I see. If I disagree with you, it's because I don't understand.

You sound suspiciously like a Democrat.

[QUOTE="Billy_Kinetta, post: 21002004, member: 42958”]I see. If I disagree with you, it's because I don't understand./QUOTE]

No. If you disagree it is very likely a natter of improper or insufficient education and discipline. That’s very common these days.

you do realize a hell of a lot of Republicans/Conservatives smoke the stuff and would back it being at least decriminalized,right?..

Republicans, yes. Conservatives, no. Conservatives understand the immorality of the act and avoid it at all costs.

"All costs"?

What does it "cost" to avoid something you don't care for?
he doesnt know what the hell he is talking about......he has proved that quite a few times in discussions about pot in this forum,but yet he knows what types of people smoke the stuff.....i have smoked it with people who are pretty dam conservative,but yet they indulge and even drink and smoked cigarettes.......the guy wants to live in the dark ages,that says a lot about his mindset right there....

I know. I'm fucking with him because he deserves it.

Harry is that an LP cover? I don't recognize it.

I know. I'm fucking with him because he deserves it.

Harry is that an LP cover? I don't recognize it.[/QUOTE]

no its a picture of a guy named Harry Dresden and his dog Mouse hunting things that go bump in the night....

Oh joy....stoned Canadians

If they get anymore docile they’ll be doilies.
Easily as good soldiers As Americans, super duper.

I always hope one day you'll get a sense of humor. Today doesn't appear to be that day.
My sense of humor does not involve insulting people.
I live 50 miles from Canada, my family moved down from there in 1905, and no they don't go to our hospitals.

Forum List

Back