Recreational Pot Use Legal in Canada - October 17

The OP seems to believe that most people don’t know that smoking is bad for you. Everyone knows that already.
"Seems" only in your mind. Of course I know that. But that doesn't stop foolish smokers from smoking. What's your point ?

It may sound odd, but lots of American pot smokers are moving to Canada just to be able to smoke their favorite drug, without criminal repercussions. Well, to each his own, but these pot smokers may not be seeing the whole picture.

For one thing, it's a pretty valuable thing to be an American. Lots of people risk their lives trying to get into the US. Others risk jail time and other things trying to stay here illegally.

Then, there's the health aspect. Maybe some of the potheads will chop up their stash and sprinkle it into the foods and drinks. I suspect though that the majority will take it the traditional way of smoking it. As George H. Bush use to say >> "Bad! Bad!"

Did these pot smokers not think years of smoking pot (inhaling to the deepest part of their lungs) would not have a harmful effect on their health ? I saw signs of some pot smoking campaigners when the law was being debated. They said >> "Have fun!"...with a picture of a burning reefer.
What may be "fun"to a young person now, may not be so much fun 30 years later, when all that puffing takes its toll on their older bodies. Then it may be too late to turn back the years of cardiac-pulmonary abuse. For me, I'll stick with clean air, for my lungs.

I suppose some long-time pot smokers may say they've been smoking it for 30 years (or more), and they're in great health. They can't compare themselves with how they'd be if they had not smoked all those years, however. I would tend to doubt their magnified speculations.

Lastly, Canada may not realize the full impact of this legalization. What effect will it have on their government health system 30 years from now ? And don't they have tough regulations about air pollution?

as a FREEDOM LOVING conservative who is COMPLETELY OPPOSED to "NANNY STATE" policies I defend the right of ANYONE to choose their own fkn poison. All I ask is that if you develop health problems from that poison you do NOT expect the rest of us to pay for it.

That means: ANYONE (including conservatives) who gets obese, eats fatty foods, too much alcohol, tobacco or drugs should NOT expect ME to pay their medical bills from health problems related to their unhealthy life styles.

Link? While you're looking for that, here's a CBC podcast that traces the whole evolution of Cannabis: from Prohibition to Legalization

I'm NOT looking for it. Only Democrats are addicted to links, and then go around go around acting like if a link said something, it must be true.
As for American pot smokers moving to Canada, I just know it, that's all.

"Only Democrats are addicted to links, and then go around go around acting like if a link said something, it must be true."

ha ha ha

now THAT was funny.....

only a republican would think something THAT stupid....

don't bother asking how I KNOW it is stupid......
I just KNOW....that's all......

The OP seems to believe that most people don’t know that smoking is bad for you. Everyone knows that already.

IDK how people navigate through drug testing at work. I know at my husband's form it's one strike you're gone and they do random tests weekly

A lot of places do a drug test when you get hired, but never again afterwards. I wouldn’t be able to pass if I was randomly selected.

Not at the firm, hubby got randomly picked three weeks in a row one time, I told him cripes you're defying the odds buy a damn lottery ticket

I suppose it depends on the job
and I certainly do NOT condone people at work being stoned or drunk....

but you can smoke pot at night (at home) and drug testing will reveal it in your system. Kinda unfair, really.

I think people should be able to drink alcohol or smoke pot in the confines of their own homes....

There is a major difference between use and abuse. All things in moderation. Some people take a hit or two after work, some go to Happy Hour and get thoroughly loaded.
ANY inhalation of smoke (of any kind) is abuse of the cardiac-pulmonary system. Trouble is young people don't notice it. They do 30 year too late, later.

but you can smoke pot at night (at home) and drug testing will reveal it in your system. Kinda unfair, really.

I think people should be able to drink alcohol or smoke pot in the confines of their own homes....
Couldn't they get high by eating pot (without having to smoke it ?) Or take THC pills ? If so, why smoke it ?

"Only Democrats are addicted to links, and then go around go around acting like if a link said something, it must be true."

ha ha ha

now THAT was funny.....

Democrats think they KNOW things. That's why it's so hard to cure them.

Couldn't they get high by eating pot (without having to smoke it ?) Or take THC pills ? If so, why smoke it ?

ok
fine by me.

ha ha ha

now THAT was funny.....

I know that conservatives oppose a nanny state

I know that laws against pot are nanny state policies....

as a FREEDOM LOVING conservative who is COMPLETELY OPPOSED to "NANNY STATE" policies I defend the right of ANYONE to choose their own fkn poison. All I ask is that if you develop health problems from that poison you do NOT expect the rest of us to pay for it.

That means: ANYONE (including conservatives) who gets obese, eats fatty foods, too much alcohol, tobacco or drugs should NOT expect ME to pay their medical bills from health problems related to their unhealthy life styles.
Agreed. And they also shouldn't expect me to ingest their second hand smoke.

"Seems" only in your mind. Of course I know that. But that doesn't stop foolish smokers from smoking. What's your point ?

People that smoke know the risks and dangers. You acted as if they didn’t. After decades of education on the matter it is now common knowledge and they will do so anyway.

Link? While you're looking for that, here's a CBC podcast that traces the whole evolution of Cannabis: from Prohibition to Legalization

I'm NOT looking for it. Only Democrats are addicted to links, and then go around go around acting like if a link said something, it must be true.
As for American pot smokers moving to Canada, I just know it, that's all.

--------- So you just made it up because you'd like for it to have happened.

Yep, that's the point.

And yet ---- just half an hour later you yourself then posted:

You seem to have this weird hangup about "Democrats".

Why is that exactly? Just following orders?

-------- So you just made it up because you'd like for it to have happened.

Yep, that's the point.

The "hangup" with Democrats is that they are against all the things that are good for AMERICA, and for all the things that are bad for America. And they don't care about AMERICA, at all. Their allegiance is to THE WORLD.

And I know about pot smokers moving to Canada, because I know of some (from 4 states) who already have, and they say they are expecting friends to join them soon. This the real life that liberals ignore, in deference to some link to some liberal website. :rolleyes:

People that smoke know the risks and dangers. You acted as if they didn’t. After decades of education on the matter it is now common knowledge and they will do so anyway.
Actually, YOUNG pot smokers are less aware than much older ones. The older ones are already facing the consequences of long-term pot smoking (or they're dead).

So, NO, the younger ones don't really "KNOW" the risks and dangers. Not in the true sense of knowing.

-------- So you just made it up because you'd like for it to have happened.

Yep, that's the point.

The "hangup" with Democrats is that they are against all the things that are good for AMERICA, and for all the things that are bad for America. And they don't care about AMERICA, at all. Their allegiance is to THE WORLD.

And I know about pot smokers moving to Canada, because I know of some (from 4 states) who already have, and they say they are expecting friends to join them soon. This the real life that liberals ignore, in deference to some link to some liberal website. :rolleyes:
All they need to do is move to one of the many states where it is legal. It's ridiculous that it's still considered a crime in some places. The Feds need to take it off schedule 1.

All they need to do is move to one of the many states where it is legal. It's ridiculous that it's still considered a crime in some places. The Feds need to take it off schedule 1.
I think not only should marijuana use be illegal, so should all other smoking (tobacco) products. People are dying too young from this stuff, just to make manufacturers rich. We need manufacturing in the US, but not junk like this.

I think not only should marijuana use be illegal, so should all other smoking (tobacco) products. People are dying too young from this stuff, just to make manufacturers rich. We need manufacturing in the US, but not junk like this.

Nanny state nonsense. I prefer a government that does not force someone else's value-judgments upon my life.

It may sound odd, but lots of American pot smokers are moving to Canada just to be able to smoke their favorite drug, without criminal repercussions. Well, to each his own, but these pot smokers may not be seeing the whole picture.

For one thing, it's a pretty valuable thing to be an American. Lots of people risk their lives trying to get into the US. Others risk jail time and other things trying to stay here illegally.

Then, there's the health aspect. Maybe some of the potheads will chop up their stash and sprinkle it into the foods and drinks. I suspect though that the majority will take it the traditional way of smoking it. As George H. Bush use to say >> "Bad! Bad!"

Did these pot smokers not think years of smoking pot (inhaling to the deepest part of their lungs) would not have a harmful effect on their health ? I saw signs of some pot smoking campaigners when the law was being debated. They said >> "Have fun!"...with a picture of a burning reefer.
What may be "fun"to a young person now, may not be so much fun 30 years later, when all that puffing takes its toll on their older bodies. Then it may be too late to turn back the years of cardiac-pulmonary abuse. For me, I'll stick with clean air, for my lungs.

I suppose some long-time pot smokers may say they've been smoking it for 30 years (or more), and they're in great health. They can't compare themselves with how they'd be if they had not smoked all those years, however. I would tend to doubt their magnified speculations.

Lastly, Canada may not realize the full impact of this legalization. What effect will it have on their government health system 30 years from now ? And don't they have tough regulations about air pollution?

I read Canadian news every day and the use of canabis seems to be everywhere.

I read Canadian news every day and the use of canabis seems to be everywhere.

Will be legal as of Wednesday. Tourism will gain.

New Topics

Forum List

Back