Recreational Pot Use Legal in Canada - October 17

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
It may sound odd, but lots of American pot smokers are moving to Canada just to be able to smoke their favorite drug, without criminal repercussions. Well, to each his own, but these pot smokers may not be seeing the whole picture.

For one thing, it's a pretty valuable thing to be an American. Lots of people risk their lives trying to get into the US. Others risk jail time and other things trying to stay here illegally.

Then, there's the health aspect. Maybe some of the potheads will chop up their stash and sprinkle it into the foods and drinks. I suspect though that the majority will take it the traditional way of smoking it. As George H. Bush use to say >> "Bad! Bad!"

Did these pot smokers not think years of smoking pot (inhaling to the deepest part of their lungs) would not have a harmful effect on their health ? I saw signs of some pot smoking campaigners when the law was being debated. They said >> "Have fun!"...with a picture of a burning reefer.
What may be "fun"to a young person now, may not be so much fun 30 years later, when all that puffing takes its toll on their older bodies. Then it may be too late to turn back the years of cardiac-pulmonary abuse. For me, I'll stick with clean air, for my lungs.

I suppose some long-time pot smokers may say they've been smoking it for 30 years (or more), and they're in great health. They can't compare themselves with how they'd be if they had not smoked all those years, however. I would tend to doubt their magnified speculations.

Lastly, Canada may not realize the full impact of this legalization. What effect will it have on their government health system 30 years from now ? And don't they have tough regulations about air pollution?

The OP seems to believe that most people don’t know that smoking is bad for you. Everyone knows that already.

The OP seems to believe that most people don’t know that smoking is bad for you. Everyone knows that already.

IDK how people navigate through drug testing at work. I know at my husband's form it's one strike you're gone and they do random tests weekly

IDK how people navigate through drug testing at work. I know at my husband's form it's one strike you're gone and they do random tests weekly

A lot of places do a drug test when you get hired, but never again afterwards. I wouldn’t be able to pass if I was randomly selected.

A lot of places do a drug test when you get hired, but never again afterwards. I wouldn’t be able to pass if I was randomly selected.

Not at the firm, hubby got randomly picked three weeks in a row one time, I told him cripes you're defying the odds buy a damn lottery ticket

Drones need to stand up and refuse that Big Brother shit.

I did. And they backed down.

Sure ya did <eyeroll>

Sure ya did <eyeroll>

Sure I did. The idea is, when enough people refuse to bend over, the orders to bend over will stop. The more drones just do what they're told, the more they'll take. It's called calling their bluff.

It may sound odd, but lots of American pot smokers are moving to Canada just to be able to smoke their favorite drug, without criminal repercussions. Well, to each his own, but these pot smokers may not be seeing the whole picture.

For one thing, it's a pretty valuable thing to be an American. Lots of people risk their lives trying to get into the US. Others risk jail time and other things trying to stay here illegally.

Then, there's the health aspect. Maybe some of the potheads will chop up their stash and sprinkle it into the foods and drinks. I suspect though that the majority will take it the traditional way of smoking it. As George H. Bush use to say >> "Bad! Bad!"

Did these pot smokers not think years of smoking pot (inhaling to the deepest part of their lungs) would not have a harmful effect on their health ? I saw signs of some pot smoking campaigners when the law was being debated. They said >> "Have fun!"...with a picture of a burning reefer.
What may be "fun"to a young person now, may not be so much fun 30 years later, when all that puffing takes its toll on their older bodies. Then it may be too late to turn back the years of cardiac-pulmonary abuse. For me, I'll stick with clean air, for my lungs.

I suppose some long-time pot smokers may say they've been smoking it for 30 years (or more), and they're in great health. They can't compare themselves with how they'd be if they had not smoked all those years, however. I would tend to doubt their magnified speculations.

Lastly, Canada may not realize the full impact of this legalization. What effect will it have on their government health system 30 years from now ? And don't they have tough regulations about air pollution?

There is a major difference between use and abuse. All things in moderation. Some people take a hit or two after work, some go to Happy Hour and get thoroughly loaded.

And anyone smoking pot in public, especially when children are present, should go to prison.
Any dispensary that peddles pot without providing sufficient warning of the health hazards, including depersonalization and anxiety issues, should be sued into bankruptcy and prison.
Fair enough.

We insist on ever increasing numbers of huge vehicles belching half their fuel unburned into the atmosphere and we are worried about health?

Not at the firm, hubby got randomly picked three weeks in a row one time, I told him cripes you're defying the odds buy a damn lottery ticket
They probably have a pretty good idea he's a stoner, but just haven't been able to nail him yet.

And anyone smoking pot in public, especially when children are present, should go to prison.
Any dispensary that peddles pot without providing sufficient warning of the health hazards, including depersonalization and anxiety issues, should be sued into bankruptcy and prison.
Fair enough.
i live in a legal pot state and even on the fucking vegas strip i dont see anyone smoking in public,because its ILLEGAL to do so...and the dispensaries do have warnings and most people who buy pot already know the dangers of using it....get educated roshan....

Fair enough.
i live in a legal pot state and even on the fucking vegas strip i dont see anyone smoking in public,because its ILLEGAL to do so...and the dispensaries do have warnings and most people who buy pot already know the dangers of using it....get educated roshan....
You potheads seem to be the worst addicts of all. Get an intervention.
Where I live it’s not even totally legal yet and I have to endure people blowing pot smoke practically everywhere I go. I live near a college campus in a very minority-dominated locale. It’s everywhere now.
You’re a liar.

Fair enough.
You potheads seem to be the worst addicts of all. Get an intervention.
Where I live it’s not even totally legal yet and I have to endure people blowing pot smoke practically everywhere I go. I live near a college campus in a very minority-dominated locale. It’s everywhere now.
You’re a liar.
sure it is roshan....yea you can smell it everywhere....since you hate minorities so much why dont you try moving to an area with very few minorities?.....

Forum List

Back