Recreational Marijuana Measure To Be Put To Voters...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Uh oh, will Big Brother actually allow the People to decide?

Colorado voters will be asked to decide whether to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in a November ballot measure, setting up a potential showdown with the federal government over America's most commonly used illicit drug.

The measure, which would legalize possession of small amounts of marijuana by adults, is one of two that will go to voters in November after a Washington state initiative to legalize pot earned enough signatures last month to qualify for the ballot there.

"This could be a watershed year in the decades-long struggle to end marijuana prohibition in this country," Art Way, Colorado manager of the Drug Policy Alliance, said in a statement. The Alliance supports the initiative.

"Marijuana prohibition is counterproductive to the health and public safety of our communities. It fuels a massive, increasingly brutal underground economy, wastes billions of dollars in scarce law enforcement resources, and makes criminals out of millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens."

Colorado is one of 16 states and the nation's capital that already allow marijuana use for medical purposes even as cannabis remains classified as an illegal narcotic under federal law - and public opinion is sharply divided on the merits of full legalization.

Read More:
Recreational marijuana measure to be put to voters | Reuters
- Big Government

Uh oh, will Big Brother actually allow the People to decide?
Please, move to the back o'.....​

"Since its founding in 1970, NORML has provided a voice in the public policy debate for those Americans who oppose marijuana prohibition and favor an end to the practice of arresting marijuana smokers. A nonprofit public-interest advocacy group, NORML represents the interests of the tens of millions of Americans who smoke marijuana responsibly."

If they did it nationally they could eliminate 70% of the drug cartels profits and balance the budget with the taxes it would generate. Additionally, it would allow the agricultural exploitation of hemp in this country, and open up new avenues in pharmaceuticals, as well.

But they'd rather turn normal folks into criminals, supporting our record as the most imprisoned people on the planet, and continue allowing the cartels to make BILLIONS of dollars that can be used for the usurpation of the governments south of the border.

It also doesn't hurt that the CIA can move TONS of drugs surreptitiously and use THEIR profits for their black budget, illegal operations.

If they did it nationally they could eliminate 70% of the drug cartels profits and balance the budget with the taxes it would generate. Additionally, it would allow the agricultural exploitation of hemp in this country, and open up new avenues in pharmaceuticals, as well.

But they'd rather turn normal folks into criminals, supporting our record as the most imprisoned people on the planet, and continue allowing the cartels to make BILLIONS of dollars that can be used for the usurpation of the governments south of the border.

It also doesn't hurt that the CIA can move TONS of drugs surreptitiously and use THEIR profits for their black budget, illegal operations.

Great points. Yeah, they should decriminalize it and then empty our over-crowded Prisons of the Millions of Americans who don't belong in Prison. No one should be in Prison for smoking Marijuana. Period, end of story.

I'm all for people being allowed to do whatever they want - unless I have to pick up their tab. Like it or not, there is a vast amount of evidence of the very real damage that drugs - even MJ - do to individuals. I am NOT going to pay for some other fucking idiots' stupid life choices.

Too late for that, CG. You do already.

The issue here is paying less for stupid. Not paying at all left the barn 80 years ago.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

I'm all for people being allowed to do whatever they want - unless I have to pick up their tab. Like it or not, there is a vast amount of evidence of the very real damage that drugs - even MJ - do to individuals. I am NOT going to pay for some other fucking idiots' stupid life choices.

If there is such a VAST amount of this evidence surely you could post some of it to bolster your argument?

But you will pay for extra police and prisons? Seems like "penny wise, pound foolish".

If there is such a VAST amount of this evidence surely you could post some of it to bolster your argument?

Naw she won't.
She also won't post how many people have died from Catholicism abuse through the ages.

If folks want to smoke MJ, and there are loads who do, I really could care less.

I am more worried about that open door.

Once you legalize one drug how long before someone is pushing for legalizing heroin, meth or any of the other drugs out there??

Naw she won't.
She also won't post how many people have died from Catholicism abuse through the ages.

Damn, you still crashing Obama-Bot? Or did you reboot that quickly? WTF are you babbling about? So you hate Christians? We get it. But it has nothing to do with this topic. Seriously, it's time for you to reboot. You're not making any sense. :cuckoo:

If folks want to smoke MJ, and there are loads who do, I really could care less.

Once you legalize one drug how long before someone is pushing for legalizing heroin, meth or any of the other drugs out there??

The Paul-bots might, but most people realize there a big difference between addictive and non-addictive drugs.

If heroin or meth were legal would you go out and buy some?

You do realize that those drugs are just as easy to get as marijuana, don't you? All the folks that want to use them are ALREADY using them, legalizing them and treating addiction like the MEDICAL problem it is wouldn't increase the use of those drugs one bit.

It's not-as-if we have no.....​

"The Dutch see the use of drugs as a health matter, similar to the use of tobacco and alcohol, and in fact not very distant from problems of obesity, alcoholism and tobacco smoking. They also point to the fact that prohibition of alcohol in the US in the years 1919-1933 brought more negative effects of increased criminality, than the positive social changes and had to be withdrawn."

I guess you could always argue that....Europeans are only able to make this work, as they are more-mature than "conservative"-Americans.

Last edited by a moderator:

"The Dutch see the use of drugs as a health matter, similar to the use of tobacco and alcohol, and in fact not very distant from problems of obesity, alcoholism and tobacco smoking. They also point to the fact that prohibition of alcohol in the US in the years 1919-1933 brought more negative effects of increased criminality, than the positive social changes and had to be withdrawn."

I guess you could always argue that....Europeans are only able to make this work, as they are more-mature than "conservative"-Americans.​

Oh shit, I can't believe it! I actually agree with something Mr. Shaman said. :eek:

I feel the need to shower now... :confused:

When recreational use of marijuana was put on the California ballot it lost. Efforts to put it on the ballot again didn't get enough signatures so it will be interesting to see how it works out in Colorado.

A number of people who start with pot will go on to other hard drugs. Not all but some. They should be encouraged to do so, and all drugs should not only be legal but free as well, so as not to create a black market for cheaper drugs.

I guess you could always argue that....Europeans are only able to make this work, as they are more-mature than "conservative"-Americans.​

Oh shit, I can't believe it! I actually agree with something Mr. Shaman said. :eek:

I feel the need to shower now... :confused:

Just give him or her a little more time. That feeling you have right now wont last long. He or she will find a way to make it about DA BOOOOOSH any minute now. He or she could be the most deranged Obama-Bot on this Board. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back