Recounts: Sometimes They're Good

with all the budget and homeland security problems, now is not the greatest time to be a governor, regardless of party. good luck to her, she'll need it.

no1tovote4 said:
700 more votes to go, you can't say the woman won yet...

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!

What ever happen to the "concede for the sake of dignity" speech the conservatives gave to Al Gore?

It's time for him to take Gore's position; find his dignity and concede to defeat, for the sake of his party.

hylandrdet said:
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!

What ever happen to the "concede for the sake of dignity" speech the conservatives gave to Al Gore?

It's time for him to take Gore's position; find his dignity and concede to defeat, for the sake of his party.

Except it's not national and won't have national repercussion. I just mentioned the 700 votes that they will start counting tomorrow. I am sure if she is still the winner after those votes are counted he will concede and on January 12th she will be Governor.

Oh and had Gore conceded I believe that we would be patiently awaiting the inauguration of Al Gore right now. Instead he is on the last of laughable has-beens.

I smell fraud, frankly. When he won by 261 votes, it was "Too close to call" said the Dem's...when he won by 42 votes, it was "..a TIE" said the dems...now she's ahead by 10 votes and the fuckin piece-of-shit dems are calling on him to concede "for the good of the PEOPLE"

Fuck heads.

-=d=- said:
I smell fraud, frankly. When he won by 261 votes, it was "Too close to call" said the Dem's...when he won by 42 votes, it was "..a TIE" said the dems...now she's ahead by 10 votes and the fuckin piece-of-shit dems are calling on him to concede "for the good of the PEOPLE"

Fuck heads.

I knew I wasn't the only one who smelled something fishy when the original vote goes to Rossi, the machine recount goes to Rossi, but curiously the hand recount, with a bunch of ballots mysteriously turning up all of a sudden, goes to the Dem.

theim said:
I knew I wasn't the only one who smelled something fishy when the original vote goes to Rossi, the machine recount goes to Rossi, but curiously the hand recount, with a bunch of ballots mysteriously turning up all of a sudden, goes to the Dem.

Did you know Machines have a margin of error, allowed at 1 vote for every 3 milllion?

Hand Counts?

1-3%

I wear orange lately...

theim said:

Right, especially a hand recount in King County - lib central.

The recount will be challenged. The Democrats were all for making sure that various laws were obeyed to the letter for the recount, except when it came to where some of the ballots were supposed to be sealed and guarded and they weren't, then they turned their heads and coughed.

It is amazing how poorly run our voting system is.

ScreamingEagle said:
Right, especially a hand recount in King County - lib central.

The recount will be challenged. The Democrats were all for making sure that various laws were obeyed to the letter for the recount, except when it came to where some of the ballots were supposed to be sealed and guarded and they weren't, then they turned their heads and coughed.

It is amazing how poorly run our voting system is.

The entire leadership of King County Elections should be fired.

The problem stems from the Dem's changing their rules in the midst of the count...

Why is this to be allowed? There were two counts that gave it to the Republicans. What makes the third more valid than the first two?

its why i never freaking understood Al Gore's attempt. Bush won four vote counts. What we are supposed to ignore them if there was a recount in favor of Gore?

The same principle is at work here. There is a close election. the first two counts for the republicans and the third is for the Democrats. why should we believe the third is the accurate one?

Unfortunately the only option that seems fair now is to have a special election and let the votes vote again.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2002129842_recount24m.html

Liberal thinking:
When she was 261 votes behind Rossi after the first count, Gregoire called the race a virtual tie. At 42 votes back after the first recount, she said it was, in fact, a tie. Now, she said, "It's time for this race and this election to be over."

"I know many Washingtonians are hoping this will end soon, but I'm also sure that people across this state want a clean election and a legitimate governor-elect. At this point, we have neither," Rossi said in a statement.

If King County could count so many of the disputed votes that favored Gregoire, Republicans argued yesterday, it should also count absentee ballots that were rejected because signatures on ballot envelopes didn't match voters' signatures in county files.

Republican attorney Diane Tebelius, backed by a group of veterans, handed County Elections Director Dean Logan signed statements from 91 voters whose absentee ballots were rejected because of signature mismatches. More were delivered later in the day.

The canvassing board rejected those votes, though.

no1tovote4 said:
Except it's not national and won't have national repercussion. I just mentioned the 700 votes that they will start counting tomorrow. I am sure if she is still the winner after those votes are counted he will concede and on January 12th she will be Governor.

Oh and had Gore conceded I believe that we would be patiently awaiting the inauguration of Al Gore right now. Instead he is on the last of laughable has-beens.

Yes, this is of "national repercussion" because you guys have been partying since November about how the Democratics are either in Canada or in hell. This win WILL prove that we are ALIVE and WELL here in America; the democratic party was in control of this country a lot longer than your party; we're not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Oh by the way, you did know that those 700 votes are coming from a district owned by democrats... Right? Tell him to step down and get over it.

hylandrdet said:
Yes, this is of "national repercussion" because you guys have been partying since November about how the Democratics are either in Canada or in hell. This win WILL prove that we are ALIVE and WELL here in America; the democratic party was in control of this country a lot longer than your party; we're not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Oh by the way, you did know that those 700 votes are coming from a district owned by democrats... Right? Tell him to step down and get over it.

Even if you win this race, it doesn't mean you're party wasn't decimated. You were decimated. Your party is in a tailspin and will not pull out due to their brainwashedness, and addiction to demagoguery and antiamericanism.

rtwngAvngr said:
Even if you win this race, it doesn't mean you're party wasn't decimated. You were decimated. Your party is in a tailspin and will not pull out due to their brainwashedness, and addiction to demagoguery and antiamericanism.

Fear is as fear does. As soon as people realize the world has been made less safe by the war in Iraq, a war that is killing native sons and daughters, driving the deficit to sky-heights, weakening the dollar, and that the upperclass tax breaks don't get re-invested to stimulate growth nearly as much as middle class tax breaks, they'll get over their inordinate fear of terrorism and homosexuals, and the balance of power will shift. Suckah.

nakedemperor said:
Fear is as fear does. As soon as people realize the world has been made less safe by the war in Iraq, a war that is killing native sons and daughters, driving the deficit to sky-heights, weakening the dollar, and that the upperclass tax breaks don't get re-invested to stimulate growth nearly as much as middle class tax breaks, they'll get over their inordinate fear of terrorism and homosexuals, and the balance of power will shift. Suckah.

The world is more safe.

The deficit will come under control soon enough.

Middle class people spending more is wholly different type of stimulus. The upperclass creates jobs for others.

Will you get over your inordinate ignorance?

Forum List

Back