Records show McCain more bipartisan

The Washington Times?? lol... Rev Moon's paper??/ puleeze...

Although 8 years ago, i'd have probably agreed with the assessment. given his current stated desire to continue 88% of bush's policies, and his choice of the wingnut sarah palin, i'm kind of figuring those days are past.

The Washington Times?? lol... Rev Moon's paper??/ puleeze...

Although 8 years ago, i'd have probably agreed with the assessment. given his current stated desire to continue 88% of bush's policies, and his choice of the wingnut sarah palin, i'm kind of figuring those days are past.

exactly! McCain 2000 wouldn't even like McCain 2008

Tired of the two sides bickering with nothing getting done....

Washington Times - Records show McCain more bipartisan

Yea, but all those issues McCain worked with Democrats on, he has probably flip flopped on every one of those positions.

Your story neglects to point that out.

How does he feel about those bills now? Isn't there even a bill he sponsored that HE HIMSELF wouldn't even sign today?

Campaign finance reform. HA!! He reniged on that one. :eusa_liar:

Man, I sure did strike a nerve... and all I did was point out that McCain works with both parties and you people freak out... and of course can't provide anything that Obama has done with Republicans...big suprise...

I hope you guys are on some sort of blood pressure medicine because your anger is going to kill you...literally...

If you people had valid responses and could hold a decent conversation the silent majority would respoect you more but when you fly off the handle with opinions like this do you really expect anyone to like you guys? I thought liberals cared about what people thought of them... Once again, the people who fight for tolerance are the most intolerant people.... it's true..

I was a pretty big McCain supporter in 2000 over Bush.. was not to be though...

He's not AS MUCH the maverick he was, and I have disagreed with him more in the past few years than I did in the past... but since he is the most centrist of the 2 candidates, BY FAR, he is my ultimate choice in this election over the most radically polarized person in the entire senate in Obama... I may not agree with McCain during a McCain presidency as I would like, but I would agree with Obama on only the most rare of occasions...

Tired of the two sides bickering with nothing getting done....

Washington Times - Records show McCain more bipartisan

He has reached across the aisle a lot, in the past, which is why I had considered voting for him, especially if Hillary had won.

But, his pick of Palin showed a move so far right, and so not in the interest of this country (you can see russia from Alaska!) that he basically squelched a lot of his bipartisan credentials.

I expect he'll win and I'll be watching to see how he works with the congress. It could be OK, or he might continue to pander to the far right.

He's not AS MUCH the maverick he was, and I have disagreed with him more in the past few years than I did in the past... but since he is the most centrist of the 2 candidates, BY FAR, he is my ultimate choice in this election over the most radically polarized person in the entire senate in Obama... I may not agree with McCain during a McCain presidency as I would like, but I would agree with Obama on only the most rare of occasions...

When McCain follows Bush's path to a tee, don't say we didn't warn you.

War with Iran, bad economy for the middle class, value of the dollar, inflation, divided country, financial institutions collapsing.

And McCain knows nothing about the economy, so when his economic lobbyists tell him to do something that will benefit them, only they tell him it will benefit us, he'll pass it, and it'll screw us,

And just like Bush, he'll claim ignorance.

When McCain follows Bush's path to a tee, don't say we didn't warn you.

War with Iran, bad economy for the middle class, value of the dollar, inflation, divided country, financial institutions collapsing.

And McCain knows nothing about the economy, so when his economic lobbyists tell him to do something that will benefit them, only they tell him it will benefit us, he'll pass it, and it'll screw us,

And just like Bush, he'll claim ignorance.

And when Obama follows a marxist path to a tee... don't say we did not warn you

War with Iran would be by Iran's actions, not for some agenda... Adding more of a tax burden and increased spending on redistribution programs would be worse on the middle class and the country as a whole under Obama... class warfare will divide a country faster when people have less of their earnings and more of the taxes being taken away given to those who do not do for themselves....

Obama knows less than McCain on most every aspect of leadership and government, and you complain about McCain?

Obama would not have to claim ignorance... for he truly has it

War with Iran would be by Iran's actions, not for some agenda... Adding more of a tax burden and increased spending on redistribution programs would be worse on the middle class and the country as a whole under Obama... class warfare will divide a country faster when people have less of their earnings and more of the taxes being taken away given to those who do not do for themselves....

Obama knows less than McCain on most every aspect of leadership and government, and you complain about McCain?

Was Clinton or Carter a Marxist?

McCain is a fascist like you.

Iran's decision? The GOP already tried twice to start a war with Iran. We made the Iranian National Guard a terrorist organization. We also tried to blame them for our troubles in Iraq, when it was more the Saudi's than it was Iran.

Fuck that last part. The GOP launched class warfare on us.

Google Gap between rich and poor getting bigger, then wake up.

You're projecting on us. What your party did, you are warning us Obama will do? No bitch, he will undo it.

And he'll find $500 billion in unfair offshore tax breaks that your party has been giving corporations for 8 solid years.

Let me guess, if we take those tax breaks away, the economy will be doomed??? :cuckoo:

Yea, we're done listening to your bullshit. You didn't know this recession was coming when we did. Now you want to tell us how to get out of it? And you want to say that the other party will fuck up the economy when you are the biggest fuck up ever?

:cuckoo:

Oh I have no doubt the GOP knew what they were doing when they created this loophole:

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The firms worked with shell hedge funds that had little more than offshore mailing addresses in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The funds arranged complex equity swaps and stock loans aimed at circumventing U.S. tax laws, a staff report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said.

The IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007. (THE SAME TIME THE REPUBLICANS RAN ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT)

Lehman estimated its customer’s eluded payment of as much $115 million in 2004 alone.

UBS helped clients escape payment of $62 million from 2004 to 2007.

I told people back in 2003 or 2004 that I heard this on NPR and everyone said, "prove it", but I couldn't find the details anywhere. Well now you see what the GOP did for offshore companies. No wonder Corporations are leaving the country. Not only can they get cheap labor, they can avoid paying taxes.

I guess only the middle class pay taxes under the GOP. :clap2:

He has reached across the aisle a lot, in the past, which is why I had considered voting for him, especially if Hillary had won.

But, his pick of Palin showed a move so far right, and so not in the interest of this country (you can see russia from Alaska!) that he basically squelched a lot of his bipartisan credentials.

I expect he'll win and I'll be watching to see how he works with the congress. It could be OK, or he might continue to pander to the far right.

Notice when the GOP needs McCain to toe the line, he does. Here is an example:

Today, the Senate brought the Intelligence Authorization Bill to the floor, which contained a provision from Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) establishing one interrogation standard across the government. The bill requires the intelligence community to abide by the same standards as articulated in the Army Field Manual and bans waterboarding.

Just hours ago, the Senate voted in favor of the bill, 51-45. (so it was close)

Earlier today, ThinkProgress noted that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), a former prisoner of war, has spoken strongly in favor of implementing the Army Field Manual standard. When confronted today with the decision of whether to stick with his conscience or cave to the right wing, McCain chose to ditch his principles and instead vote to preserve waterboarding:

Dave, he was able to take the left wing position of the GOP because Bush took the right.

The path the GOP took us on the last 8 years is the same path McCain will take us the next four. Hooking up corporations and taking from the middle class will be the agenda. If we are dumb enough to vote them back in again, what's to stop them? They could rape you and you'd vote for them again in 2012, correct?

Stop being stupid. I'm not kidding now either.

You saw Clinton led from the center, yet the GOP said he was a flaming liberal, remember? Please tell me you remember them calling Clinton a lefty liberal. If you don't, then work on your long term memory.

So if they lied about Clinton, maybe they are lying about Obama.

Don't believe the Republicans or the Corporate Media that want McCain to be president. Who endorses McCain? The GOP that he says sucks. Bush endorses McCain. I'd say that's a plus for Obama.

So you have no reason to believe Obama will lead from the left. Actually, that depends on what you consider left. Giving tax breaks to the middle class instead of the rich? Is that a flaming liberal thing to do? Not after the last 8 years it isn't.

Obama will probably be a little more left than Clinton, but not much. If he tries to do anything far left, it'll get shot down.

And if he makes any mistakes, he won't get the benefit of the doubt like Bush got in 2004.

So to vote for the GOP again is to tell them that you don't care what they do to your country's reputation or the economy or military. No matter what they do, they'll always have your support.

And you call others partisan?

Last edited:

You have my solemn promise.

War with Iran would be by Iran's actions, not for some agenda...
But any president that wanted to go to war with Iran could make a case this very day as to why their actions to date demand that we 'respond forcefully.' After all, they are certainly closer to a nuclear weapon than Iraq was. THey are much stronger as well.

Adding more of a tax burden and increased spending on redistribution programs would be worse on the middle class and the country as a whole under Obama... class warfare will divide a country faster when people have less of their earnings and more of the taxes being taken away given to those who do not do for themselves....

Obama claims that taxes reduce under him, and every economist that I have heard compare the tax plans says that even after considering all the various taxes, the rate is lower for 80% of the country under Obama. His "handouts" are investments (education, energy, and health) not welfare checks. This is not your father's democratic party.

My complaints about McCain are not on his experience but on his recent judgment and lack of integrity.

Here's an example: Is it good judgment to invest in America's future through development of new energy sources, through improving education and health?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back