Recording a cassette?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
OK I have an 8-track tape with a song on it that almost no one has ever heard of.

I want to copy the music to a cassette tape so I can play it on my Sony Walkman, but when I pressed the play and record buttons at the same time, like it says on the instructions, the recorder made a loud screeching sound and began to smoke.

How do I copy one track from this 8-track?

Easy first you need a working 8 track player....

Then you need 2 matching transformers that is 10K ohm to 8 ohm impediance.
connect the 8 ohm sides to the speakers on the 8 track player. on the 10k ohm dsides of the transformers atach a stereo mini plug (schematic avail on request) or RCA plugs. Connect these to the record inpyt on the casette deck.
Push play on the 8 track and record on the casette assuming the correct ta[pes are in each machine.

Don't be silly. FF to the track you want and get your little cassette microphone real close to the speaker and push record.

:cuckoo:

• Banned

connect the 8 ohm sides to the speakers on the 8 track player. on the 10k ohm dsides of the transformers atach a stereo mini plug (schematic avail on request) or RCA plugs. Connect these to the record inpyt on the casette deck.
Push play on the 8 track and record on the casette assuming the correct ta[pes are in each machine.

Gee thanks!

I tried this and whereas the recorder was smoking before, it has now burst into flames.

Some help you are. :doubt:

Gee thanks!

I tried this and whereas the recorder was smoking before, it has now burst into flames.

Some help you are. :doubt:

You really should not have let the smoke out of it.
Once they lose their smoke it is all over.

Forum List

Back