record snow!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
We have the most snow this last december in recorded history with half a grovery store's roof collapsing along with a church, a gym, and many other buildings. Most of the Walmarts also closed today to remove snow off the roof. Here is a story about other businesses with damages to their roofs.
Spokesman.com | Roof failures keep fire crews busy | Jan 2, 2009

The snow will just not stop here! I am so sick of snow!

We have the most snow this last december in recorded history with half a grovery store's roof collapsing along with a church, a gym, and many other buildings. Most of the Walmarts also closed today to remove snow off the roof. Here is a story about other businesses with damages to their roofs.
Spokesman.com | Roof failures keep fire crews busy | Jan 2, 2009

The snow will just not stop here! I am so sick of snow!

I was watching a program about public transit, and it was noted that in 1888, New York city had a snow fall of twenty feet, and the city just shut down. That was what convinced them of a need for the underground transit system.

I was watching a program about public transit, and it was noted that in 1888, New York city had a snow fall of twenty feet, and the city just shut down. That was what convinced them of a need for the underground transit system.
I think that there will be some new codes that you most meet when you build a structure!

You want it in the liquid form? We got plenty of it... Right now the two rivers and one creek I'm near have been at flood state for the last 2 days and thankfully have been going down for about 18 hours. My county has been declared a state of emergency by the governor. They say another 1.5 to 2 inches of rain are expected Sunday. The snow of last week is all but gone but I expect not for long.

I pray for you. Stay warm!!!

I'll do my best to stay dry.

and AGAIN I remind you ---:lol:

Attachments

• $winter.jpg
    $winter.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
You folks in the Pacific NW are really getting slammed, aren't you?

My condolences.

You seldom get much snow, right? And correct me if I'm wrong, but are gale force winds also somewhat unusual in that part of the world, are they not?

Now, I am not going to say this is the result of global warming.

But I am going to point out that global warming doesn't just mean things will get warmer.

It means that weather is going to get pretty WEIRD.

In fact, I believe that global weirding is a more descriptive phrase for what we going to be facing than global warming.

Mankind, all over the earth has prepared itself for the normally expected weather in their part of the world.

Our buildings, our roads, our heating and cooling systems, our cars, our clothing, all set up to deal with what we could normally expect in our parts of the world.

Except what we can expect now, is the unexpected.

So wherever you live, to use the phrase of the NAV, prepare for heavy swells.

You folks in the Pacific NW are really getting slammed, aren't you?

My condolences.

You seldom get much snow, right? And correct me if I'm wrong, but are gale force winds also somewhat unusual in that part of the world, are they not?

Now, I am not going to say this is the result of global warming.

But I am going to point out that global warming doesn't just mean things will get warmer.

It means that weather is going to get pretty WEIRD.

In fact, I believe that global weirding is a more descriptive phrase for what we going to be facing than global warming.

Mankind, all over the earth has prepared itself for the normally expected weather in their part of the world.

Our buildings, our roads, our heating and cooling systems, our cars, our clothing, all set up to deal with what we could normally expect in our parts of the world.

Except what we can expect now, is the unexpected.

So wherever you live, to use the phrase of the NAV, prepare for heavy swells.
Where I live we do get some snow but usually an average of about 45 inches for the whole winter season, this year we got 62 or 61 in one month! SOme people have around 3 to 5 ft of snow on their roofs! THe old buildings can take it but the new ones can't which I think is funny!

You want it in the liquid form? We got plenty of it... Right now the two rivers and one creek I'm near have been at flood state for the last 2 days and thankfully have been going down for about 18 hours. My county has been declared a state of emergency by the governor. They say another 1.5 to 2 inches of rain are expected Sunday. The snow of last week is all but gone but I expect not for long.

I pray for you. Stay warm!!!

I'll do my best to stay dry.
Yeah stay dry along with your house! I am sure we will get the flooding when all this snow starts to melt!

About 0 here and will be falling as the day goes on. High tomorrow, -3F.

Oh yeah, calling for snow of 1-2", there is over 4" on the ground and it's falling like crazy! Going to be a long drive home this afternoon!

:lol:

Here in south jersey, we've barely seen a flake. We used to actually get snow here when I was a kid. Now, maybe an inch or two for the whole winter.

Global Warming must be a local thing.

Here in south jersey, we've barely seen a flake. We used to actually get snow here when I was a kid. Now, maybe an inch or two for the whole winter.

watch out because we didn't have a bad winter for awhile and then we got the worst winter in recorded history!

Home today, snow is falling outside, it's so beautiful!

Have you noticed how it's so beautiful when you are home in jammies, with perhaps a fire going. Not so great when you are driving or shoveling? :lol:

Have you noticed how it's so beautiful when you are home in jammies, with perhaps a fire going. Not so great when you are driving or shoveling? :lol:

Yes, so beautiful looking out my sliding glass doors, not so beautiful driving on the highway.

Touche!

Be Safe!

Blame it on all the tanning beds.

well i guess S.Cal.must be in the real throes GLOBAL WARMING....oops sorry,it is now CLIMATE CHANGE,but anyhow it was fucking 90 degrees out here today,and today it is supposed to be 87.....christ we cant buy a 50 degree day....the only good thing is a lot of lovely ladies still wearing...very little clothing...:cool:

With our record snow are Falls downtown can get pretty awesome looking in the spring also. Here is a video I found from last year when we had about half or 2/3 the snow we did this year!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBh3c-H_pCM]YouTube - Spokane Falls ~ May 2008[/ame]

Forum List

Back