Record Poverty,Highest Unemployment in Years yet the people Shop till they Drop...

People are programmedby generations worth of Christmas marketing.
Christmas is the spending season.
You are not a real christian unelss you overspend on Christmas :rolleyes:
Many of these unemployed still have credit cards.

Yea just blame the "Evil Christians." What an ignorant simpleton. You just know this person thinks of themselves as being a witty genius. Yup just blame those "Evil Christians" for everything. Yikes! :cuckoo:

Merry Christmas MR. Kneejerk Pigeonholer.

You might try to broaden your view for the new year a bit.

People are programmedby generations worth of Christmas marketing.
Christmas is the spending season.
You are not a real christian unelss you overspend on Christmas :rolleyes:
Many of these unemployed still have credit cards.

Yea just blame the "Evil Christians." What an ignorant simpleton. You just know this person thinks of themselves as being a witty genius. Yup just blame those "Evil Christians" for everything. Yikes! :cuckoo:

I assure you,you're no witty genius. Yea lets just blame the "Evil Christians" for everything. Grow up and stop being a simpleton. SHEEZ!

I assure you,you're no witty genius. Yea lets just blame the "Evil Christians" for everything. Grow up and stop being a simpleton. SHEEZ!

You really need to stop talking to yourself.
:D

You pick out one obscure aspect of my post and go bezerk over it and ignore the rest.

the fact is that Christmas in America is a retailers holiday, whatever else it may be as well.
And Americans have been well programmed to serve the merchants or they feel like a failure.

those poor little children did not get much at all for christmas...boo hoo... Evil parents!

And I admit to being programmed as well and spoil those grandchildren.
The difference between you and I is that I try to and can see some of my failings and weaknesses.

Last edited:

You pick out one obscure aspect of my post and go bezerk over it and ignore the rest.

Naw i'm talkin to you. Do you even know what a Christian is? Do you go to Church? Your 'Blame the Evil Christians" theory on over-spending is just plain simple. Seriously,i lost a whole lot of respect for you with that ridiculous theory. Your knowledge of what being a Christian is about is very limited at best. Try commenting on things you know. You obviously know nothing about Christians. Like i said,grow up and stop being a simpleton.

Man,what a country. The Media is now cheerleading and celebrating the fact more Americans are shopping for the Holidays this year. My question is...How can this be? More Americans are living in Poverty than ever before and Unemployment is the highest it has been in many years. More Americans are also now receiving Food Stamps than ever before yet they're all out shopping? Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Is the Media telling us the truth or are they just Bullshitting us again? How can so many Americans be suffering and shopping at the same time? The numbers just don't seem to be adding up. And is 'Shop till you Drop' really the right message to be sending Americans at this point? Just something i've been wondering about. All this suffering yet the people still shop till they drop? Hmm? :confused:

The numbers will be down monetarily...NOT in numbers. The media will NOT parse it.

Naw i'm talkin to you. Do you even know what a Christian is? Do you go to Church? Your 'Blame the Evil Christians" theory on over-spending is just plain simple. Seriously,i lost a whole lot of respect for you with that ridiculous theory. Your knowledge of what being a Christian is about is very limited at best. Try commenting on things you know. You obviously know nothing about Christians. Like i said,grow up and stop being a simpleton.

I was forced to attend chruch 3 times a week till I was 16 I do understand what Christianity is all about, I have read the bible thru a few times.

I do think real Chriatians are fine folks, but those "christians" who use religion for their own ends are despicable.

I pretty much support the food bank at my local church, and when I die they insist on having my funeral there although I tried to talk them out of it and they know I am a non believer.
I also contribute to youth programs and such at the local church.

My entire family are Christians besides me. I just do not believe in any all powerful supreme being nor heaven nor hell. I believe this life is all we have and many "christians" screw that up and promise better in the next life if you do as they say.
One issue is do what which "they" say?

And I have nothing but disgust for the god bless my bomb types.
Jesus would never condone killing or war.
I do believe Jesus was a great humanitarian, but son of god? No.
He did do his best to bring love and kindness to the Jewish religion though.
Jesus also seemed to refuse to involve himself in politics.

Last edited:
Americans are the most generous people on the planet.

Are you trying to tell me that there is some good in the American people?.....does that mean at some point our elected officials might decide to share that fact with other world leaders when he goes to meetings and such....that would be nice.:eusa_whistle:

Are you trying to tell me that there is some good in the American people?.....does that mean at some point our elected officials might decide to share that fact with other world leaders when he goes to meetings and such....that would be nice.:eusa_whistle:

He is just telling us how much he appreciates all that the USA does for it's poor. Welfare, Medicaid, etc.

A few years ago in New York on Black Friday a store employee was trampled to death when the doors were opened to the public.

These people were FURIOUS when the store was closed so the police and medical examiner could come in to remove the body.

We spend and spend on anything and everything,we spend when we have money and we spend more when we do not.

Is it any wonder when our politicians act the way they do?....If there's a problem spend your way out of it.

People out of work for 99 weeks....do we bother to look into why they are out of work for so long?
No we just bash the republicans for not jumping through hoops to give these folks more benefits.

WTF.

He is just telling us how much he appreciates all that the USA does for it's poor. Welfare, Medicaid, etc.

You're right we don't do anything good at all for humankind.Thanks for the clarification.

No rdean. It's about priorities. If these people have good jobs and extra cash to spend on shoes, fine by me. But I certainly hope their kids have school supplies and their elderly mothers have heat.

If you are a Democrat or a Liberal, I would certainly expect you to have those feelings and concerns.

If you are a Republican or a Conservative and you have those feelings, then I suspect you are in the wrong party.

If you believe that if you "feed the poor and they'll breed" or "the unemployed are hobo's" or "spending their unemployment on drugs" or "we need to get rid of Social Security and Medicare" then I suspect you belong to the right wing "elite" leadership who have told us they believe those things over and over again.

I suspect you would say its a lie if I were to say that is a proven fact that us "evil cons" give more on a regular basis than you "angelic libs" (commucrats) do..... if ya dont believe me, look it up.... Im too lazy to.

Oh and Merry Christmas rdean!!!!! Jesus loves you too..... :cool:

I keep it handy...http://www.usmessageboard.com/blogs/missourian/189-conservatives-more-charitable-that-liberals.html

Generous how?

List examples.

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.
But wait...there's more.
Sioux Falls vs. San Francisco

We assume the rich give more than the middle class, the middle class more than the poor. I've heard liberals care more about the less fortunate, so we assume they give more than conservatives do. Are these assumptions truth, or myth?

To test what types of people give more, "20/20" went to two very different parts of the country, with contrasting populations: Sioux Falls, S.D. and San Francisco, Calif. The Salvation Army set up buckets at the busiest locations in each city -- Macy's in San Francisco and Wal-Mart in Sioux Falls. Which bucket collected more money?
What's the conclusion?
And what happened in our little test? Well, even though people in Sioux Falls make, on average, half as much money as people in San Francisco, and even though the San Francisco location was much busier — three times as many people were within reach of the bucket — by the end of the second day, the Sioux Falls bucket held twice as much money.

Don't like those sources?

Well, here's a piece from the New York Times from 2008
:
This holiday season is a time to examine who’s been naughty and who’s been nice, but I’m unhappy with my findings. The problem is this: We liberals are personally stingy.

Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates.

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals.

A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

Other research has reached similar conclusions. The “generosity index” from the Catalogue for Philanthropy typically finds that red states are the most likely to give to nonprofits, while Northeastern states are least likely to do so...

<snip>

Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways. People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often. If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent.

The premise of your argument "Every Republican places his own interests above those of any other person." has been thoroughly debunked.

In fact the case has been made that in fact the opposite holds true...that Republicans place the interest of other people HIGHER than there own, as Republicans are more likely to personally sacrifice more monetarily and a larger percentage of their income to charity.​
http://www.usmessageboard.com/blogs/missourian/189-conservatives-more-charitable-that-liberals.html

Man,what a country. The Media is now cheerleading and celebrating the fact more Americans are shopping for the Holidays this year. My question is...How can this be? More Americans are living in Poverty than ever before and Unemployment is the highest it has been in many years. More Americans are also now receiving Food Stamps than ever before yet they're all out shopping? Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Is the Media telling us the truth or are they just Bullshitting us again? How can so many Americans be suffering and shopping at the same time? The numbers just don't seem to be adding up. And is 'Shop till you Drop' really the right message to be sending Americans at this point? Just something i've been wondering about. All this suffering yet the people still shop till they drop? Hmm? :confused:

So...the economy's not so bad under Obama after all?

The National Retail Federation predicts spending this holiday season will reach $451.5 billion, up 3.3 percent over last year.

That would be the biggest increase since 2006, and the largest total since a record $452.8 billion in 2007. The holiday season runs from Nov. 1 through Dec. 31, so a strong week after Christmas could still make this the biggest of all time. Spending numbers through Dec. 24 won't be available until next week and final numbers, through Dec. 31, arrive next month.

Holiday 2010: The year shoppers came back - Business News

Honestly - I don't get it. :confused:

Sales will be marginally up from last year.

This is a good, but hardly great sign.

So...the economy's not so bad under Obama after all?

I don't think 'Shop till you Drop' proves your assertion. It proves something but i'm just not sure what. More Americans are receiving Food Stamps than ever before yet they're out there buying their Big Screen TVs and X-Boxes? Something is definitely wrong with this picture.

I was forced to attend chruch 3 times a week till I was 16 I do understand what Christianity is all about, I have read the bible thru a few times.

I do think real Chriatians are fine folks, but those "christians" who use religion for their own ends are despicable.

I pretty much support the food bank at my local church, and when I die they insist on having my funeral there although I tried to talk them out of it and they know I am a non believer.
I also contribute to youth programs and such at the local church.

My entire family are Christians besides me. I just do not believe in any all powerful supreme being nor heaven nor hell. I believe this life is all we have and many "christians" screw that up and promise better in the next life if you do as they say.
One issue is do what which "they" say?

And I have nothing but disgust for the god bless my bomb types.
Jesus would never condone killing or war.
I do believe Jesus was a great humanitarian, but son of god? No.
He did do his best to bring love and kindness to the Jewish religion though.
Jesus also seemed to refuse to involve himself in politics.

Your 'Blame the Evil Christians" theory on over-spending is still just silly Bullshit. Seriously,you need to grow up and stop being so simple. I don't care what your past experiences with Christianity were. That doesn't mean you know anything about Christians. Try actually talking to some Christians and maybe even attending Church once and awhile. Your warped 'Blame the Evil Christians for Everything' theory' is just so tired & petty. Try getting to know some Christians. They're hardly the evil snarling beasts you make them out to be.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with Christianity. I really am. But you really need to get over your pettiness and bitterness. Your knowledge of and experience with Christians is obviously very limited yet you act as if you're some kind of expert. I assure you the "Evil Christians" are not responsible for everything wrong in your World. Maybe you're the one who has the problem? Maybe you should think about that a bit more? It could be just you. Anyway,have a Merry Christmas. :)

Last edited:
I didn't shop at all.

I gave to the Salvation Army.

I ate at my sisters. I did contribute toward the food.

Had an excellent meal, great conversation and an awesome Christmas.

I even got into a political discussion with my Sis's neighbor. She's an ardent Obama supporter.

I didn't clean her clock so I guess the "Christian" spirit was on me. LOL

Actually she's fun to talk with especially when she tried to defend OL'BO to me and my whole family.

Great lady and loads of fun.

Forum List

Back