Record Number of Gay Candidates

Record Number of Openly Gay Candidates Running | Congress.org

Other openly gay challenger candidates with a real shot of coming to Congress include: Sean Patrick Maloney, taking on freshman Rep. Nan Hayworth (R) in New York’s 18th district; Mark Pocan (D), running in Wisconsin’s open 2nd district; Mark Takano (D), running for California’s new 41st district; and Richard Tisei (R), taking on Rep. John Tierney (D) in Massachusetts’ 6th district. There are at least four other openly gay Congressional candidates this year, according to a count from the pro-LGBT-equality Human Rights Campaign, but all are long shots in states such as Idaho.

:eusa_shifty:

Good for them. I wish them the best of luck.

Record Number of Openly Gay Candidates Running | Congress.org

Other openly gay challenger candidates with a real shot of coming to Congress include: Sean Patrick Maloney, taking on freshman Rep. Nan Hayworth (R) in New York’s 18th district; Mark Pocan (D), running in Wisconsin’s open 2nd district; Mark Takano (D), running for California’s new 41st district; and Richard Tisei (R), taking on Rep. John Tierney (D) in Massachusetts’ 6th district. There are at least four other openly gay Congressional candidates this year, according to a count from the pro-LGBT-equality Human Rights Campaign, but all are long shots in states such as Idaho.

:eusa_shifty:

OMG, the entire country is turning gay. We give those fags exposure and now everyone is turning into a fag. We must put a stop to this. These people are horrible sinners destined to burn in Hell for eternity. Just ask any good Christian.

Perhaps it is because the republican opression machine is losing and being gay is no longer considered evil and wrong except in the minds of bigots?

Perhaps your partisan-darkened sunglasses missed the Republican candidate listed.

:eusa_hand:

It fits completely within my explanation. The republicans have tried very hard to stop the gays in their ranks from being public, and now they are losing. This is also one of the reasons republicans have been losing members more and more as they have tried to reclaim their radical moral beliefs. Just because gays are around does not mean there is not an effort to discriminate against them.

Perhaps it is because the republican opression machine is losing and being gay is no longer considered evil and wrong except in the minds of bigots?

So what "sexual prefrences" are wrong? Do you do the same sex?

On my personal level I consider consenting adults able to make their own choices in regards to their activities and partners. I don't consider tastes wrong, but acting on those tastes with people who cannot consent is harmful to an unwilling participant and goes along the way of assault if you ask me. This includes things like children and animals who are of a nature where they can be manipulated or deceived and cannot consent due to their mental state. So before you go there sex with a child would never be sex between consenting adults because a child is not an adult. That also implies sentient being which only include humans presently.

I figure any mental or physical damage done to consenting adults based on their sexual habits to be their responsibility to deal with. I have seen enough straight relationships drive people insane to think that love is without it's own dangers. I am not one for having the government babysit adults. Life hurts sometimes, get a helmet.

If the Republican candidate wins the election will it slow the "homophobe" bullshit?

:rofl:

good one

I know....

Electing a black President didn;t slow the racist remarks
:D

Not all racist things are the same. The defeatist idea that a black person could never become president because of the racism in the US is finally wrong. That is a good thing. However, it is clear that there is a huge racist reaction to his presence which has highlighted a sort of closet racism that existed in america which people wanted to think did not exist. Just because they can't stop you anymore does not mean they cannot make things difficult for you. It is the changing state of racism. People don't just stop being racist because it becomes illegal or objectionable to some. Racists find a way to do what they want to do which is to harass and bother people who they do not like.

Forum List

Back