Record heat all across the U.S.

Dear, when I posted that It WAS 3:45 in afternoon, and it had just been updated at that time and was the hottest part of the day. You must be very desperate to post SOMETHING to appear really really smart, but do wake up first won't you?
And let's be clear about something else: The map shown on this page and that I imaged is being updated as we watch,

Thank you for your alertness, KK

:eusa_eh: Um ... I'm a bit confused by this response ... what was to who?

Let me try to straighten it out. When I posted the map it was 3:45 in the afternoon EST. When Chris commented it was 2:00 AM and cooler, and the map reflected that temperature change. Without taking into account or knowing that last bit of information all comments were valid. I apologize to you KK for misunderstanding what seemed to me to be confusing my understanding of military time.

Oh ... okay. Yeah, my first comment was to Chris not you. ;)

Have you been to Maine recently?

Yes very recently.

It's been cold overcast and rainy.

Meanwhile the center of the nation is breaking records for heat all over the place.

Both events prove nothing whatever about the GLOBAL CLIMATE, do they?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

The melting of the North Polar Ice Cap could be effecting the salinity of the ocean which would shut down the Gulf Stream and make the Northeast and Europe colder.

Meanwhile the 40% increase in atmospheric CO2 would make the South and the West hotter.

This is exactly what we are seeing.

And the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years.

it's a shame that the only "clever" comment to be made about this global issue is about an overrated politician.

Global temperatures have fallen over the last decade.

The EPA knows it and has proactively suppressed the reporting of the fact.

You are a blatant liar, Christine.

How do you KNOW that, exactly, Dude?

I'm not saying that you are wrong.

I am merely asking you to explain how YOU KNOW that there is a cabal of climatologists and meteorologists who are in on some massive conspiracy to lie to us about the earth's overall temperature.
The recently spiked EPA study finds that global temps have fallen since 2000. Do you exclude findings that tell you what you don't want to hear??

And it's not a conspiracy, it's an echo chamber clique which also excludes all contravening evidence.

That was not an EPA study. It was an unsolicited paper by someone with no prior papers in that field. His arguements were total shit right out of the wingnut talking points.

RealClimate: Bubkes

26 Jun 2009
Bubkes
Filed under: Climate Science Greenhouse gases— gavin @ 8:00 am
Some parts of the blogosphere, headed up by CEI (”CO2: They call it pollution, we call it life!“), are all a-twitter over an apparently “suppressed” document that supposedly undermines the EPA Endangerment finding about human emissions of carbon dioxide and a basket of other greenhouse gases. Well a draft of this “suppressed” document has been released and we can now all read this allegedly devastating critique of the EPA science. Let’s take a look…

A Chinese translation is available here.

First off the authors of the submission; Alan Carlin is an economist and John Davidson is an ex-member of the Carter administration Council of Environmental Quality. Neither are climate scientists. That’s not necessarily a problem – perhaps they have mastered multiple fields? – but it is likely an indication that the analysis is not going to be very technical (and so it will prove). Curiously, while the authors work for the NCEE (National Center for Environmental Economics), part of the EPA, they appear to have rather closely collaborated with one Ken Gregory (his inline comments appear at multiple points in the draft). Ken Gregory if you don’t know is a leading light of the Friends of Science – a astroturf anti-climate science lobbying group based in Alberta. Indeed, parts of the Carlin and Davidson report appear to be lifted directly from Ken’s rambling magnum opus on the FoS site. However, despite this odd pedigree, the scientific points could still be valid.

Their main points are nicely summarised thus: a) the science is so rapidly evolving that IPCC (2007) and CCSP (2009) reports are already out of date, b) the globe is cooling!, c) the consensus on hurricane/global warming connections has moved from uncertain to ambiguous, d) Greenland is not losing mass, no sirree…, e) the recession will save us!, f) water vapour feedback is negative!, and g) Scafetta and West’s statistical fit of temperature to an obsolete solar forcing curve means that all other detection and attribution work is wrong. From this “evidence”, they then claim that all variations in climate are internal variability, except for the warming trend which is caused by the sun, oh and by the way the globe is cooling.

Devastating eh?

One can see a number of basic flaws here; the complete lack of appreciation of the importance of natural variability on short time scales, the common but erroneous belief that any attribution of past climate change to solar or other forcing means that CO2 has no radiative effect, and a hopeless lack of familiarity of the basic science of detection and attribution.

We cannot yet even come to agree ment regarding whether the globals overall temperature is going up or down?

So much for science.

um, except for the non-scientists who reside on this board, most of the legitimate scientific community, with a few detractors, believe the global temperature is going up.

Record-setting heat not over yet
Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

Summer heat waves are expected in the South. But in Michigan?
Cities in Wisconsin and Michigan and all the way down to Texas and Florida have been smashing heat records this week: concrete roads buckled, one person was found dead and seven show dogs died. "Records will continue to roll in," said James Wilson, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel.

Wilson said a wide swath of the country is experiencing temperatures ranging 10 to 15 degrees above average.

Some record-setting temperatures set on Wednesday: 96 degrees in Grand Rapids, Mich.; 95 in Traverse City, Mich.; 105 in Austin; 104 in Houston; and 106 in Waco, breaking a record.

Record-setting heat not over yet - USATODAY.com

Everyone in Michigan is complaining that this is a miserable summer in terms of temperature and amount of sunshine.

You sure this comes from the Weather Channel and not the National Enquirer?

That's what I'm here for, to be the asshat that pylgrim wants me to be.

Knowing him, knowing you. Ah-haaaaaaa!

Aha!

o,ho!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8AkKnLMELo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8AkKnLMELo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Ah-haaaaaaaa!!!!!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5g2Jksk8WVE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5g2Jksk8WVE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Coogan is a bit of a ponce, but he's good for a laugh or two.

Larry David likes him at any rate...

Forum List

Back