record cold 2899, record warm 667

The Earth reacts to higher temps and CO2 by making the planet wetter and colder.

The Carbon Cycle : Feature Articles

okay
for any-one to think that we, the human race does not have some effect on this planet is an idiot
in addition
thinking one knows what theat effect is is also an idiot
carbon off sets is code for another tax
you lose any interest any normal person right away when your asking for money to fix a problem were not even sure exists
in addition
were all ready spending trillions through higher electricity costs to curb CO2 emissions as mandated by the federal govt as well as to the auto makers and ther federally mandated changes

does the tree thrive on carbon?
and what exactly is it that you suggest we do if this is a real problem?
?
Global Warming Hoax: News
there are 2 sides to this story
Yours i respect, wanting money for yours is bull sh--
Given the size and scope of the environment on this planet, coupled with two major environmental steering mechanisms outside the control of anything, I think people who believe that man can affect climate change are not only idiots, but intentionally stupid.

Any study of the past geo-climate of this planet will discover that there have been, and always will be, fluctuations in temperature, humidity, oceanic levels, and glaciation.

Hell, a tiny change in the tilt of our planet turned the entire northern third of Africa into a vast wasteland.

To think that we affect anything other that very specific environmental concerns such as water pollution, air pollution and ground contamination is foolish. These are localized, and not significant enough to affect a global change.

There is nothing that can be done about the planet climate change. What we can do is clean up our local environment so our children and grandchildren can have clean water and arable land for growing food.

Anything else is just arrogance and stupidity.

I question the veracity of this map.

One of the supposed record LOWs during this time people occurred where I am.

It has NOT been cold here during this time.

In fact much of that time was setting record highs.

I think this is misinformation, folks.

I know it is for MIDCOAST MAINE.

I didn't bother to go through all the data but if you're setting 3,500 climate records in a few months time (according to the title which is probably intentionally mis-leading); it's pretty obvious that climate change is real that each one represents an unmatched extreme.

The Earth reacts to higher temps and CO2 by making the planet wetter and colder.

okay
for any-one to think that we, the human race does not have some effect on this planet is an idiot
in addition
you lose any interest any normal person right away when your asking for money to fix a problem were not even sure exists
in addition
were all ready spending trillions through higher electricity costs to curb CO2 emissions as mandated by the federal govt as well as to the auto makers and ther federally mandated changes

?

Humans are polluting the planet, they are not causing the climate of the planet to change. When we stop polluting the planet heals. Look at the great lakes in 1960 vs today.

Man is not the enemy of the earth.

So you say, Redfish. A consensus among the people that study climate and geological history say just the opposite. So who to believe, millions of scientists that have spent their lives studying aspects of this subject, or an ananymous internet poster that fails to show anything at all to back his vapid opinion.

okay
in addition
in addition

?
Given the size and scope of the environment on this planet, coupled with two major environmental steering mechanisms outside the control of anything, I think people who believe that man can affect climate change are not only idiots, but intentionally stupid.

Any study of the past geo-climate of this planet will discover that there have been, and always will be, fluctuations in temperature, humidity, oceanic levels, and glaciation.

Hell, a tiny change in the tilt of our planet turned the entire northern third of Africa into a vast wasteland.

To think that we affect anything other that very specific environmental concerns such as water pollution, air pollution and ground contamination is foolish. These are localized, and not significant enough to affect a global change.

There is nothing that can be done about the planet climate change. What we can do is clean up our local environment so our children and grandchildren can have clean water and arable land for growing food.

Anything else is just arrogance and stupidity.

I think in most local places we are doing a good job
The winter of 2010 in Houston was brutal cold
The winter of 2000 in Florida was crazy cold
it was crazy hot the winter of 2011 untill Feb.
then the next 3 months was crazy cold

Here in the SE we broke record low again today

So you say, Redfish. A consensus among the people that study climate and geological history say just the opposite. So who to believe, millions of scientists that have spent their lives studying aspects of this subject, or an ananymous internet poster that fails to show anything at all to back his vapid opinion.

Unlike you, I actually think for myself after looking at all of the available data and all of the opinions (and they are all opinions).

An open minded review of the data supports the belief that the climate of the planet has always been changing and that man has never had anything to do with it.

The argument is not whether the climate is changing, it is. The argument is about whether man has caused it or can stop or reverse it------the answer is NO.

Unlike you, I actually think for myself after looking at all of the available data and all of the opinions (and they are all opinions).

An open minded review of the data supports the belief that the climate of the planet has always been changing and that man has never had anything to do with it.

The argument is not whether the climate is changing, it is. The argument is about whether man has caused it or can stop or reverse it------the answer is NO.

Red fish let us add that money is part of this issue
carbo off sets

The scrubbers that where a federal mandate and pay for by the tax payer is nothing more than a carbon off set paid to the electric company who then paid the federal govt through taxes on wages to build the scrubbers as well as higher profits through higher electric rates to O/S the cost
and trust me there about $1.7 billion to install five scrubbers at those four plants as noted here-in
Scrubbers - SourceWatch

LOL, and you looked at ALL the data, right? Tell me, how many pieces of solid data did you read that came to the conclusion that man has no involvement in our climate change and how many pieces of data did you read that said man does play a role?

LOL, and you looked at ALL the data, right? Tell me, how many pieces of solid data did you read that came to the conclusion that man has no involvement in our climate change and how many pieces of data did you read that said man does play a role?

A lot more than you have. But if you wish to worship the prophet algore, go right ahead, we have religious freedom in this country and AGW is a religion.

A lot more than you have. But if you wish to worship the prophet algore, go right ahead, we have religious freedom in this country and AGW is a religion.

How many?

How about sharing with us a few of the more convincing pieces you've reviewed on both sides of the argument. Just a couple should do.

And that makes as much sense as stating that carbon off sets will stop "global warming"
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis - Forbes

Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.

And that makes as much sense as stating that carbon off sets will stop "global warming"
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis - Forbes

Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.

The survey the author cites isn’t “scientists” as stated in the title of the op-ed, it is a survey of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta. That’s like surveying tobacco company CEO’s about the dangers of smoking. It would be a reasonable piece about the opinion of petroleum engineers in Alberta if that was made clear, instead that was hidden. I wonder why?

According to the study you cite:

“[T]he petroleum industry – through oil and gas companies, related industrial services, and consulting services – is the largest employer, either directly or indirectly, of professional engineers and geoscientists in Alberta.”

Yup, 3 weeks of data certainly debunks the years of warming trending we have seen that says otherwise.

Brilliant!

University of East Anglia emails ought to make you question your data. Science is absolute....cannot be doctored or corrupted like a Dan Rather-approved fraud scheme to impact a political agenda.

Forum List

Back