Reconciliation...

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Just do it!
The Republican Party's leadership has shown complete disdain for the will of the people for change, and continues to thwart efforts by the Democrats in Congress to provide universal healthcare to all Americans.
Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent to wage war on terror, a freaking noun, without a peep from the chicken hawks as to its cost in blood and treasure.
Yet today the same fiscal neophytes on the right claim Obama&Co are breaking the bank by working towards the reform of how we pay for healhcare.
Worse, the Palin/Gingrich fringe run around doing the Henny Penny Polka, stirring up anger with divisive rhetoric and laying the blame on Democrats who were elected to fix the myriad of problems our nation faces today.

I say we throw the whole of congress out and start over.

Do it! Go Go Go! (Come on, folks, let's cheer this across the finish line.) Go Go Go HeathCare 2010 (And the Democrats chances to hold maybe 10 seats in the Congress after November elections.)

Just do it!
The Republican Party's leadership has shown complete disdain for the will of the people for change, and continues to thwart efforts by the Democrats in Congress to provide universal healthcare to all Americans.
Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent to wage war on terror, a freaking noun, without a peep from the chicken hawks as to its cost in blood and treasure.
Yet today the same fiscal neophytes on the right claim Obama&Co are breaking the bank by working towards the reform of how we pay for healhcare.
Worse, the Palin/Gingrich fringe run around doing the Henny Penny Polka, stirring up anger with divisive rhetoric and laying the blame on Democrats who were elected to fix the myriad of problems our nation faces today.

Except, of course, the WILL of the PEOPLE is clear. We don't WANT the bullshit which President Obama and Speaker Pelousy and "Leader" Reid are trying to peddle. See, for example: Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

Accordingly, putting Fly Catcher's deliberate lie to the side, the reality is that it is the liberal Democratics who are the ones who are busy demonstrating complete disdain for the will of the people!

Just do it!
The Republican Party's leadership has shown complete disdain for the will of the people for change, and continues to thwart efforts by the Democrats in Congress to provide universal healthcare to all Americans...

Or, you might say the voters of MA, NJ, and VA recently sent an unequivocal message to Dimocrats for their complete disdain for the will of the people.

Reconciliation NOW

GOP has clearly shown they will not support any healthcare reform. An open invitation to put in what they wanted in return for supporting the bill was rejected. The GOP will do whatever it can to stop any reform. Just like they have done the last 50 years.

Show some Balls Dems! Its now or never

What would the GOP do if they were in your shoes?

Except, of course, the WILL of the PEOPLE is clear. We don't WANT the bullshit which President Obama and Speaker Pelousy and "Leader" Reid are trying to peddle. See, for example: Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

Accordingly, putting Fly Catcher's deliberate lie to the side, the reality is that it is the liberal Democratics who are the ones who are busy demonstrating complete disdain for the will of the people!

I'm going to hop on a high horse for a second; though, and say that a fuck-ton of people who voted "for or against" the bill don't even really understand how it would work and/or if the rhetoric against it was "actually" true or not in all cases. I'd make this bet if it were provable.

Somebody remind me who it was that, in '06, told us all that reconciliation was against the very ideals of the Founders?

Well, I guess what sucks is now neither party agrees with what they said in '06.

And when informed that, did the Republicans say " If the founders objected, we won't use reconciliation"???

No...Republicans had no objections

Just do it!

Trillions have been spent on the stupid "wars" on poverty and (some) drugs, to no discernible effect, an we never hear Fabian loons like you speaking up to end those miserably failed policies.....In fact, you twits want to basically deploy the same mindset that has gone into those towering disasters to medical care.

Talk about doing the same thing over and over and over and over again while expecting better results. :lol:

Somebody remind me who it was that, in '06, told us all that reconciliation was against the very ideals of the Founders?

Well, I guess what sucks is now neither party agrees with what they said in '06.

Yea, yea, yea. I get that y'all want to just forget about it and we all recognize that our politicians change their ideals with the wind but....

Obama, Biden, Clinton, and Reid all spoke out against reconciliation in '06.... when it was, rightly, for budgets..... Obama said it was against the very ideals of our nation. Now, I don't care who says what to whom and what side of the fence you are on..... IF it was against the very ideals of our nation in '06, it is against the very ideals of our nation in '10.

That democrats think it is okay to continue with the same old crap we put up with previously is just fucking breathtaking in its hypocrisy. Go ahead and use reconciliation - lose the house and the senate.... and God Willing, the respect of every American for eternity. I hope that every single person who says reconciliation is the way to go rots in hell . And please, don't ever ask the rest of us to trust your fucking asshole politicians again.

The number 10 can is now open and needs its contents poured right over the heads of the republican MINORITY.

The can of whoopass is looming and the MAJORITY is taking control.

Yea, yea, yea. I get that y'all want to just forget about it and we all recognize that our politicians change their ideals with the wind but....

Obama, Biden, Clinton, and Reid all spoke out against reconciliation in '06.... when it was, rightly, for budgets..... Obama said it was against the very ideals of our nation. Now, I don't care who says what to whom and what side of the fence you are on..... IF it was against the very ideals of our nation in '06, it is against the very ideals of our nation in '10.

That democrats think it is okay to continue with the same old crap we put up with previously is just fucking breathtaking in its hypocrisy. Go ahead and use reconciliation - lose the house and the senate.... and God Willing, the respect of every American for eternity. I hope that every single person who says reconciliation is the way to go rots in hell . And please, don't ever ask the rest of us to trust your fucking asshole politicians again.
:lol: I've never trusted a Politician to begin with, I'm sorry you have.

But yea, it's hypocrisy. I also think it's funny that the party more-so infamous for using Reconciliation would be upset when the Dems finally (and hypocritically) agree with their views on using it.

I think "the fillibuster" is a fucking ridiculous part of Government, also, but hey........it is what it is.

And, for the record, I personally believe that anyone who would state in public that something is against the intent and principles of the Founders of our nation and then use that process to push through their own agenda is guilty of treason against 'We, the People'. Maybe not technically, according to the law, but the law and what is moral are two different things.

Christ, I don't like the bill and I wish they would do it.

Put up or shut up.

Quit talkin' about it and do it. Fucking cowards...

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I'm going to hop on a high horse for a second; though, and say that a fuck-ton of people who voted "for or against" the bill don't even really understand how it would work and/or if the rhetoric against it was "actually" true or not in all cases. I'd make this bet if it were provable.

A ton of people don't know what's contained in the bills that DID get "passed" already in various forms in the House and the Senate? Gee. That would be surprising, since the American people usually know with exactitude the details of ALL legislation, especially 2000 page monstrosities!

I'm not sure I get your point, GT. I think it's obvious that lots of Americans don't know what's contained in those as yet un-reconciled bills. I say it's an odds-on bet that the majority of the elected Congress-critters and Senators who VOTED on the respective bills don't know most of what it does or attempts to do. And they aren't entirely to blame.

2000 fucking pages. Last second manager's revisions. Give us all a collective break, there, Congress.

If the American people DID grasp the nuances and the details of that garbage, I further suggest that the opposition would be even deeper and broader.

:lol: I've never trusted a Politician to begin with, I'm sorry you have.

But yea, it's hypocrisy. I also think it's funny that the party more-so infamous for using Reconciliation would be upset when the Dems finally (and hypocritically) agree with their views on using it.

I think "the fillibuster" is a fucking ridiculous part of Government, also, but hey........it is what it is.

I think it speaks volumes that you think it's ok for us to have corrupt politicians.... as long as they're doing what you want, that's fine. Makes my skin crawl that people like you think that's acceptable.

My issue is with Obama himself.... he said in '06 it was against the intent of the Founders and I take that more seriously than I do politicians just whining about tactics. He said it was against the very principles on which our nation was founded and now that it suits his agenda, he's changed his stance.

The man is a fucking traitor to the country. And so is anyone who agrees with him.

Forum List

Back