Recommend a book for a fellow-poster

Mudwhistle wrote:

The Feminine Mystique is kind of out-dated. Equality has become a reality. The book was geared toward a time when women were relegated to a life of child-bearing and that of a subservient housewife. It was groundbreaking when published but those days are thankfully long gone.

Gender equality is not a reality, mudwhistle, though strides have been made. As for the suffering of "subservient housewives", since we still have women who spend part of their lives as stay at home moms, and far more who seem to think they'd like to, the book still has relevance.

I see Maddie is, again, deciding what other people want. Many women want to be stay at home mom's... they don't 'seem to think they'd like to'.... they actually do want to. What is wrong with that? I have great respect for women who prioritize their children over their own selfish desires.
Madeline's 'feminism' is loathe to choice for women.

And Animal Farm. Orwell is a genius.

shepard_fairey_george_orwell_animal_farm.jpg

Atlas Shrugged ...Written by the greatest feminist of all time...I recommend it to all liberal/progressive members...It is a little deep, but if you work real hard(I know that is an oxymoron for libs), then you may come away realizing what is right and wrong in the world :)

O for fuck's sake, glew. I have read everything Ayn Rand ever wrote and I dun consider that broad a feminist -- she's a rabid capitalist. ....
Riiiiiiiight. She's not a feminist because she's a capitalist, rabid or otherwise. :cuckoo:
.... T'aint my fault it took some of you Johnny-Come-Latelies a few more decades to discover her.
It isn't your fault that as an old hag, you are older than many others, either.

Last edited:
Mudwhistle wrote:

The Feminine Mystique is kind of out-dated. Equality has become a reality. The book was geared toward a time when women were relegated to a life of child-bearing and that of a subservient housewife. It was groundbreaking when published but those days are thankfully long gone.
Gender equality is not a reality, mudwhistle, though strides have been made.

What do you want? For all women to have penii and all men to have vaginas?

As for the suffering of "subservient housewives", since we still have women who spend part of their lives as stay at home moms, and far more who seem to think they'd like to, the book still has relevance.

Yes... Maddie's mission won't be completed until every mother walks out on her children.

That's the difference between feminism and feminazism.

Feminism believes women have a right to make and live with their own decisions in life. Feminazis like maddie want to dictate to women what they ought to think and desire in life.

You really, really need to read Ms. Lukas' book.

For everyone, but especially for those on the Right

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Merchants-Doubt-Handful-Scientists-Obscured/dp/1596916109]Amazon.com: Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming (9781596916104): Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. Conway: Books[/ame]

Mudwhistle wrote:

Gender equality is not a reality, mudwhistle, though strides have been made. As for the suffering of "subservient housewives", since we still have women who spend part of their lives as stay at home moms, and far more who seem to think they'd like to, the book still has relevance.

I see Maddie is, again, deciding what other people want. Many women want to be stay at home mom's... they don't 'seem to think they'd like to'.... they actually do want to. What is wrong with that? I have great respect for women who prioritize their children over their own selfish desires.

proof positive that Maddie doesn't have a clue what feminism is about

I have read everything Ayn Rand ever wrote and I dun consider that broad a feminist -- she's a rabid capitalist.

Take it easy Madeline...hahaha...She is not a bra burning feminazi, but a woman that took great pride in being a woman...as opposed to a woman wanting to be a man. And hell yes she is a rabid capitalist...She had first hand experience of what a horror show communism was. That is why she had such a HUGE influence on my politics when I read her, for the first time, about 25 years ago...Also, Atlas Shrugged is just an expansion of the same principles as The Fountainhead, which was more on a human level as opposed to a worldwide level that Atlas Shrugged encompassed :)

Forum List

Back