Recipes, please?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I have finally bought a blender, and I want to make something that tastes like those frappes from McDonald's....caramel, please. But I want them to have no fat or sugar.

I also like fruit smoothies, but sometimes my tummy cannot handle acidic food.

Do you have a latte', frappe' or smoothies recipe you can share?

Thankies!

P.S. Do they make a fat-free whipped cream? I cannot abide Cool Whip.

McDonalds-Mocha-Frappe.jpg

Well, when my youngest needed braces a few years back she also had to get a palette expander. It was a metal contraption that sat on her palette and was attached to her teeth. You had to turn the middle wire on it every xx days, and it slowly expanded her palette. Medieval torture device if you ask me. Anywayyyyy . . . she had trouble eating for several weeks with that thing so I started making her protein shakes. You can just omit the protein powder if you wish.

1 cup of vanilla yogurt or tofu (yes, tofu works great with this and is lower cal/sugar than yogurt)
1 frozen banana (when the bananas haven't been eaten I pop them in the freezer before they get gross)
some frozen strawberries and/or blueberries
1/2 or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (120 cals/scoop)
dash vanilla

This is good too:

1 cup vanilla yogurt or tofu
1 cup frozen peaches
dash cinnamon and/or ginger
dash vanilla

For both: blend, drink, burp, enjoy!

Thankies, Skull Pilot! I ordered the caramel one; now, how do I turn it into a frappe'? Do I need to make a pot of coffee first?

I couldn't tell you that. i don't drink them. I like my coffee strong, black and hot enough to melt lead.

IMO no man should drink one of those sissy frappaccino things.

• Banned
Well, when my youngest needed braces a few years back she also had to get a palette expander. It was a metal contraption that sat on her palette and was attached to her teeth. You had to turn the middle wire on it every xx days, and it slowly expanded her palette. Medieval torture device if you ask me. Anywayyyyy . . . she had trouble eating for several weeks with that thing so I started making her protein shakes. You can just omit the protein powder if you wish.

1 cup of vanilla yogurt or tofu (yes, tofu works great with this and is lower cal/sugar than yogurt)
1 frozen banana (when the bananas haven't been eaten I pop them in the freezer before they get gross)
some frozen strawberries and/or blueberries
1/2 or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (120 cals/scoop)
dash vanilla

This is good too:

1 cup vanilla yogurt or tofu
1 cup frozen peaches
dash cinnamon and/or ginger
dash vanilla

For both: blend, drink, burp, enjoy!

Zoom-boing, I cannot abide yogurt. Can I use milk?

You are a life-saver, miss. Going grocery soon.

Thankies so much!

Add some plain yogurt with live cultures to your blend - this should help with digestion.

One of my favorite comboes: yogurt, banana, fresh pinapple, and fresh OJ.

Forum List

Back