Recession over, but the pain remains.

Ozmar

This tree will shoot you.
Aug 25, 2010
North Carolina
he National Bureau of Economic Research declares that the turning point came in June 2009, making it the longest downturn since World War II. But, the group notes, the economy still hasn't returned to vigorous growth.Reporting from Washington — The panel of economists that dates the nation's economic cycles declared Monday that the recession that started in December 2007 ended in June of last year -- making it the longest downturn since World War II.

The National Bureau of Economic Research, a private nonprofit research group that is considered the official arbiter of economic contractions and expansions, took pains to note that a determination of the end of the recession doesn't mean the economy has returned to vigorous growth.

"The committee did not conclude that economic conditions since that month have been favorable or that the economy has returned to operating at normal capacity," the panel said in a statement after meeting Sunday.
Recession end: The recession is over, economists say - latimes.com

Let's hear it: The conservatives will say this is a Jedi mind trick played by the Obama liberal media. The Liberals will say that Obama waved a magic wand and this is somehow a testament to his leadership. The realist will say that shit like this happens: economic ups and downs in a cycle.

Who cares about the realist though? It's too much fun to take sides and act like children.:eusa_whistle:

Pictures do not lie.

United-States-GDP-Growth-Rate-Chart-000001.png

Here comes the double dip!

The decision by the NBER means that any future downturn in the economy would be considered a new recession and not a continuation of the recession that began in 2007

Recession Ended in June 2009 - Real Time Economics - WSJ

So if the recession ended in June of 2009 and nary was a cent of Stimulus spent—this means the Stimulus was not needed or accomplished nil considering the unemployment rate went UP since it passed.

CaféAuLait;2756358 said:
The decision by the NBER means that any future downturn in the economy would be considered a new recession and not a continuation of the recession that began in 2007

So if the recession ended in June of 2009 and nary was a cent of Stimulus spent—this means the Stimulus was not needed or accomplished nil considering the unemployment rate went UP since it passed.
actually, looks like it made it WORSE

CaféAuLait;2756358 said:

actually, looks like it made it WORSE

I'm far from a numbers guru but I think that may be a fair conclusion.

US Business Cycle Expansions and Contractions ¹

http://www.nber.org/cycles/cyclesmain.html

The gap at the end is gone we know the end date-- no more wondering.

What do we call June 2009 till present though?

CaféAuLait;2756358 said:

So we didn't know that the recession had ended in 2009 until September of 2010.:eek:

If there's any way to bitch, moan and make cheapshots you do it! :dig:

I'm making more money than I ever made in my life.

I have so much business, I'm working seven days a week.

Thank you, Congress, for saving the economy you almost destroyed with Wall Street deregulation.

Thank you, Congress, for saving the economy you almost destroyed with Wall Street deregulation.

Just so we're clear, it's congress's fault for deregulating Wall St, and not Wall St's fault for acting like a kid in a candy shop. Just so we're clear on this.:eusa_whistle:

Just so we're clear, it's congress's fault for deregulating Wall St, and not Wall St's fault for acting like a kid in a candy shop. Just so we're clear on this.:eusa_whistle:

Just so we're clear, it's Congress' fault for the deregulation, and it's Wall Street's fault for stealing the life savings of millions of Americans.

Google "Phil Gramm deregulation."

If you're making more money than ever and working 7 days a week, looks like you're doing your share of looting, Chris.

So tell us, how exactly do you make your money?

Personally, I think you're a hypocrite and a liar, but humor me. What sort of work do you do?

Perhaps you're a repo guy?

Just so we're clear, it's Congress' fault for the deregulation, and it's Wall Street's fault for stealing the life savings of millions of Americans.

I don't get it, Reagan conservatives are all for deregulation. Deregulation of Wall St is what led to this mess, and now you're saying it's all congress's fault.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.:eusa_whistle:

I don't get it, Reagan conservatives are all for deregulation. Deregulation of Wall St is what led to this mess, and now you're saying it's all congress's fault.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.:eusa_whistle:
chris is NOT a conservative
not in any way shape or form

If you're making more money than ever and working 7 days a week, looks like you're doing your share of looting, Chris.

Personally, I think you're a hypocrite and a liar, but humor me. What sort of work do you do?

Who gives a rat's ass what you think?

You are the biggest idiot here.

Who gives a rat's ass what you think?

You are the biggest idiot here.
she has a long way to go to get to YOUR level of stupidity

Forum List

Back