Recess Rally

Yeah LOOKOUT, they are fake, why don't you tell us who is running the organization that is starting this?
Republicans, Lobbyists, and PR firms, let's just look at the people on the Recess Rally website and see who pays their way. Who pays you, or are you just one of the sheep being corraled by the right-wing, greedy fear-mongering Insurance company lobbyists?

I think that I will attend some of the meetings. And make my feelings about those that would deny me the ability to hear what my representative has to say known. Be real interesting.

You know the white house is calling these protests fake and the anger of the american people fake and manufactured....I wonder if the riots that come after this event will be fake, or the conviction of politicians that refuse to listen to the people if those will be considered fake as well?
I suppose that the uprising by the american people that is coming and coming very loud and clear is fake?
It seems to me the only thing that is fake is the federal government and their fascist propaganda...oh no thats right...that is real!
Got news for ya white house...Our anger is genuine and doesn't come from anyone but you and the fact that you don't listen and don't do the job we hired you for!

Complete lies my friend, but nice try. What Canada does not pay for and makes people wait for is cosmetic surgeries, NO ONE picks people or makes them wait for their care.
I oce had tro use the Canadian system when I was in Toronto. Waited a bit because I was uninsured, esp in their country and within a couple hours I had x-rays and pills all for under $200, and I was an AMERICAN!

Since I can't post the link yet, find the interview with the ex-canadian health minister dispelling these lies, Ujjal Dosanjh interviewed.
CNN's Rick Sanchez Interviews Canada's Fmr Minister Of Health Ujjal Dosanjh About Lies About Their Healthcare System -Debunks Republican Senator Mitch McConnell Claims - 07/20/09

How about this from a Canadian
"I can’ believe the amount of disinformation the networks are spreading not only about Canadian health care but pubic and private health care in general and the biggest problem is that Americans are getting bs info from both the left and right leaning media.

CNN was al in a huff because they were claiming that old people in Canada can be denied health services due to their age, Fox was rambling on about how it takes years to get into see a doctor, HNN was raising the flag of caution because they were claiming that if the system went public it would cost untold trillions and in the end would result in all medical research coming to a halt.

No wonder people in the US are afraid of public health care considering the information that is being feed to them. The funny thing is that most of the arguments being raised against public health care could also be associated and used as arguments against private health care. I know the thing over Michael Jackson was nuts but the level of fear mongering being done on this subject by the US media outlets really takes the cake. It’s down right disgusting."

NICE!!! Hey Skull....If you think health care is expensive now, just wait until it's free!
Also...My question to all the brilliant people who think this is a good idea...
Lets say you are a 44 year old construction worker and you are under the gov health ins. and you get something really serious like a major accident and need multiple surgeries or you develop cancer...Your health care will be determined by a bunch of politicians who will figure your age, your income and your benefit to society and your life expectancy...what makes you think they are going to ok 3 hundred thousand dollars of treatment for you?
If they do ok the treatment...what doctor will be in charge and what facility and how long will the waiting list be?
Been to the DMV lately for a simple title search or transfer? Now imagine if you need a kidney and it is the same brain dead people behind the counter!

Have you seen Canada's system? They have a waiting list that people have been on for years to be seen by a doctor...Some have even died waiting to be seen.

Yeah LOOKOUT, they are fake, why don't you tell us who is running the organization that is starting this?
Republicans, Lobbyists, and PR firms, let's just look at the people on the Recess Rally website and see who pays their way. Who pays you, or are you just one of the sheep being corraled by the right-wing, greedy fear-mongering Insurance company lobbyists?

I think that I will attend some of the meetings. And make my feelings about those that would deny me the ability to hear what my representative has to say known. Be real interesting.

You know the white house is calling these protests fake and the anger of the american people fake and manufactured....I wonder if the riots that come after this event will be fake, or the conviction of politicians that refuse to listen to the people if those will be considered fake as well?
I suppose that the uprising by the american people that is coming and coming very loud and clear is fake?
It seems to me the only thing that is fake is the federal government and their fascist propaganda...oh no thats right...that is real!
Got news for ya white house...Our anger is genuine and doesn't come from anyone but you and the fact that you don't listen and don't do the job we hired you for!
Yeah, you are right...I was just watching t.v. and eating some snacks when my phone rang and it was some insurance agency that asked me to make up signs and go stand out in the hot sun for hours and fake that I was angry at the government and their fascist health care bill. I had nothing better to do than go there and pretend I was angry and protest.....WHAT A BAFOON!

tHE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE WOKE UP...UNLIKE YOU...AND ARE PISSED! You are about to see what this country is made of and you are about to witness the now awakened sleeping dragon. This has nothing to do with the bullshit you think it is about. The people are fed up and had enough!

Last edited:
Oh nice, The CATO Group, a really unbiased institution funded by Charles Koch the big REPUBLICAN Billionaire and funder of the Recess Rally. Gosh, that's weird they would put together a total lie video about Canada's health care.

Total lies, find the video with the interview from CNN. Interviews Canada's Fmr Minister Of Health Ujjal Dosanjh About Lies About Their Healthcare System -Debunks Republican Senator Mitch McConnell Claims - 07/20/09 It's on YouTube.

AT LEAST THIS INTERVIEW IS WITH A CANADIAN AND NOT DONE BY SOME RIGHT-WING PROFITEERS. Yeah I can relate to Charles Koch, the 14th richest man in America. PLease

"The Cato Institute is a non-profit think tank with strong libertarian leanings, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Cato states that it favours policies "that are consistent with the traditional American principles of limited government, individual liberty, and peace."[1] Cato was founded in 1977 by Edward H. Crane and Charles Koch, the billionaire co-owner of Koch Industries. [2] Koch industries is the largest privately owned company in the United States. Though diversified, the company amassed most of its fortune in the oil trading and refining. [3] "

Have you seen Canada's system? They have a waiting list that people have been on for years to be seen by a doctor...Some have even died waiting to be seen.

Okay, so you don't even know who is calling for this or who is funding it? Where do you get your info, Recess Rally? Since Recess Rally is funded by rich republican lobbyists, and PR firms I think it is fake and you are just a pawn in their game. Unless you're making gob loads of money and don't care about getting ripped off by insurance companies you should be for a public OPTION.

Why not have a "socialized" option for everyone, seems to work with medicare or do all you people forget that's a Govt run health option? Oh, and it was ALSO fought against by Republicans and Insurance companies, what do ya know?

Also, were you all fighting the big Bush law that gave Billions to insurance agencies or were you all too blind on that one?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you are right...I was just watching t.v. and eating some snacks when my phone rang and it was some insurance agency that asked me to make up signs and go stand out in the hot sun for hours and fake that I was angry at the government and their fascist health care bill. I had nothing better to do than go there and pretend I was angry and protest.....WHAT A BAFOON![/QUOTE]

Perhaps the DNC should check it's hypocrisy meter. It seems to be seriously on the blink.

"For one month, the fight for health insurance reform leaves the backrooms of Washington, D.C., and returns to communities across America. Throughout August, members of Congress are back home, where the hands they shake and the voices they hear will not belong to lobbyists, but to people like you.
August is a crucial time to show Congress where the people stand. That's why Organizing for America is putting together thousands of events this month where you can reach out to neighbors, show your support, and make certain your members of Congress know that you're counting on them to act.
Can you commit to attend at least one event in your community
this month?" Organizing for America | Commit to Attend An Event in August

Oh nice, The CATO Group, a really unbiased institution funded by Charles Koch the big REPUBLICAN Billionaire and funder of the Recess Rally. Gosh, that's weird they would put together a total lie video about Canada's health care.

Total lies, find the video with the interview from CNN. Interviews Canada's Fmr Minister Of Health Ujjal Dosanjh About Lies About Their Healthcare System -Debunks Republican Senator Mitch McConnell Claims - 07/20/09 It's on YouTube.

AT LEAST THIS INTERVIEW IS WITH A CANADIAN AND NOT DONE BY SOME RIGHT-WING PROFITEERS. Yeah I can relate to Charles Koch, the 14th richest man in America. PLease

"The Cato Institute is a non-profit think tank with strong libertarian leanings, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Cato states that it favours policies "that are consistent with the traditional American principles of limited government, individual liberty, and peace."[1] Cato was founded in 1977 by Edward H. Crane and Charles Koch, the billionaire co-owner of Koch Industries. [2] Koch industries is the largest privately owned company in the United States. Though diversified, the company amassed most of its fortune in the oil trading and refining. [3] "

I really don't give a shit who it was made by...I do not want government in charge of my healthcare period. I don't want anymore big brother and big government telling me what I can and can not do. I do not want more red tape to have to sift through and I do not want the government involved in my health. PERIOD!

You Too can just say no to fascism!

I really don't give a shit who it was made by...I do not want government in charge of my healthcare period. I don't want anymore big brother and big government telling me what I can and can not do. I do not want more red tape to have to sift through and I do not want the government involved in my health. PERIOD!

This government has alterior agendas and my healthcare is none of their business! This government couldn't run a tittley wink game at a childs birthday party and I'll be dambed if they are going to take over this country with fascist bullshit and run my health care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_hand:

Wow, so informed and intelligent. So you don't care where you get your disillusioned facts from. Nice, it's your way or no way I guess. Doesn't matter about the 47 million people/1,400 losing healthcare everyday, it's all about YOU. Very Christian of you, hope you live well with yourself.

GOVT is IN HEALTH ALREADY IDIOT! It's called Medicare. Do you even know how many things the Fed Govt is involved in that YOU DO LIKE? This Govt also runs the military, but I guess you don't like them either.

Oh "this Govt" , you mean Obama's or the U.S.?

I assume you voted for Bush, who spent all our money supporting Iraqi's and not his own people. He also did a great job of running everything else into the ground, wow what a Govt he ran.

What state do you live in and/or what district. Want me to point out to you all the great Fed Run things you probably enjoy ye are too stupid to know it? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Fascism, you mean the type that spies on it's own people, imprisons people for no reason or send out army troops on American soil to arrest Americans? You mean that Bush admin Fascisim?

This government has alterior agendas and my healthcare is none of their business! This government couldn't run a tittley wink game at a childs birthday party and I'll be dambed if they are going to take over this country with fascist bullshit and run my health care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_hand:

Um yeah Skull, meanwhile the US ranks 37th by the WHO right BEHIND Costa Rica for healtcare. Wow, that's fantastic, think it could get worse by offering some competition for the greedy insurance companies?
Oh, and where do you get your facts? BY the way France has one of the highest survival rates as you mention AND IS ALSO ranked #1 by the WHO. Gosh, guess that scialized medicine thing does work.
The only intelligent people that don't want healthcare reform are the insurance and pharm companies because their profits will go down. Why would we NOT want reform and a public option? Overrall costs would go down, more people would be covered and the country would be better in the LONG run.

And by the way, Medicare is a govt run healthcare system, or as you say "socialized medicine" yet I don't see y'all trying to take that away. How come?

medicare should be revamped. it is underfunded by nearly 400 billion dollars and is going broke. that will also be the fate of government sponsored health care unless of course if the government starts rationing care.

no thanks i favor healthcare reform, its about time we become as advanced as the rest of the first world.

advanced?

you call countries with government health care that have lower 5 year cancer survival rates than the US more advanced than us?

yeah the W.H.O

the united nations of medicine. like i give a shit what they say.

I and over 70% of my fellow Americans are happy with their health care.

And if you bothered to look into the study, it ranks performance of the health care system or basically insurance and costs and not the quality of the actual medical treatments.

again no one is saying that some changes aren't needed. Allowing competition across state lines would go a long way to lowering premiums and that portability would end the preexisting condition denials.

What we are saying is why would a government responsible for Medicare, which is going broke and Social security, which is going broke and not to mention countless other wasteful and corrupt spending programs be able to all of a sudden get something as important as health care right?

In this case past performance is certainly a guarantee of future results.

Last edited:
RECESS RALLY :: Nationwide Rally against Socialized Medicine

******** AUGUST 22nd 2009*********

Many of the original groups behind TaxDayTeaParty.com are joining together for the Nationwide Recess Rally. This is a collaborative effort to make it known that we will not stand for socialized, government controlled healthcare.

Be there or be square...This is our chance everyone!!!! This is our chance to show the leaders in washington just who they are messing with.....Come one, come all....Lets send a VERY strong message to our non representing representatives. This is an opportunity of a life time! For all those "I don't get involved" people, this is your chance to truly be part of history and WE CAN ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!
BE THERE, BE THERE,BE THERE, BE THERE, BE THERE, BE THERE,BE THERE, BE THERE, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I approve of such things as this proposed rally.

Hopefully your rally won't be treated like the anti-war rallies typically were.

Too fucking bad. The majority of the American People do want a good health care system. In fact, 72% would like a single payer system. We will get a real Health Care System and the IRS will see that you help pay for it:lol:

Um yeah Skull, meanwhile the US ranks 37th by the WHO right BEHIND Costa Rica for healtcare. Wow, that's fantastic, think it could get worse by offering some competition for the greedy insurance companies?
Oh, and where do you get your facts? BY the way France has one of the highest survival rates as you mention AND IS ALSO ranked #1 by the WHO. Gosh, guess that scialized medicine thing does work.
The only intelligent people that don't want healthcare reform are the insurance and pharm companies because their profits will go down. Why would we NOT want reform and a public option? Overrall costs would go down, more people would be covered and the country would be better in the LONG run.

And by the way, Medicare is a govt run healthcare system, or as you say "socialized medicine" yet I don't see y'all trying to take that away. How come?

medicare should be revamped. it is underfunded by nearly 400 billion dollars and is going broke. that will also be the fate of government sponsored health care unless of course if the government starts rationing care.

no thanks i favor healthcare reform, its about time we become as advanced as the rest of the first world.

advanced?

you call countries with government health care that have lower 5 year cancer survival rates than the US more advanced than us?

yeah the W.H.O

And if you bothered to look into the study, it ranks performance of the health care system or basically insurance and costs and not the quality of the actual medical treatments.

again no one is saying that some changes aren't needed. Allowing competition across state lines would go a long way to lowering premiums and that portability would end the preexisting condition denials.

What we are saying is why would a government responsible for Medicare, which is going broke and Social security, which is going broke and not to mention countless other wasteful and corrupt spending programs be able to all of a sudden get something as important as health care right?

Medicare, as it stands today, insures the portion of the population that is absolutely the most likely to need major medical attention. Now if Medicare insured everybody, this nation would spend far less than 16% of its GDP on health care.

Social Security will face a 'crisis' in about 2040. Then the benefits will be cut 25%. However, were all income taxed at the same rate as I pay on my check, about 6.2%, then the system would be fully funded into the foreseeable future.

advanced?

yeah the W.H.O

Medicare, as it stands today, insures the portion of the population that is absolutely the most likely to need major medical attention. Now if Medicare insured everybody, this nation would spend far less than 16% of its GDP on health care.

Social Security will face a 'crisis' in about 2040. Then the benefits will be cut 25%. However, were all income taxed at the same rate as I pay on my check, about 6.2%, then the system would be fully funded into the foreseeable future.

And if people were able to save their and their employer's contribution in a privately held account, they would all be able to afford better disability insurance and have more to live on in retirement.

Wow, so informed and intelligent. So you don't care where you get your disillusioned facts from. Nice, it's your way or no way I guess. Doesn't matter about the 47 million people/1,400 losing healthcare everyday, it's all about YOU. Very Christian of you, hope you live well with yourself.

GOVT is IN HEALTH ALREADY IDIOT! It's called Medicare. Do you even know how many things the Fed Govt is involved in that YOU DO LIKE? This Govt also runs the military, but I guess you don't like them either.

Oh "this Govt" , you mean Obama's or the U.S.?

I assume you voted for Bush, who spent all our money supporting Iraqi's and not his own people. He also did a great job of running everything else into the ground, wow what a Govt he ran.

What state do you live in and/or what district. Want me to point out to you all the great Fed Run things you probably enjoy ye are too stupid to know it? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Fascism, you mean the type that spies on it's own people, imprisons people for no reason or send out army troops on American soil to arrest Americans? You mean that Bush admin Fascisim?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter about the 47 million people/1,400 losing healthcare everyday, it's all about YOU.

That's 14,000/day, not 1,400. Which means 140,000 in ten days. 1,400,000 in 100 days and the trend was noticed last October and calculated. Consequently people who don't have insurance, don't pay premiums. That means the pool is shrinking at an alarming rate and revenues that INSCos should be investing to cover their risks is getting smaller by huge increments. Do the math. Your insurance premiums are going to go up, a lot. Your coverage is going to go down because the INSCOs have stockholders and workforces. It's not coming out of their pockets, doncha know. Pretty soon it will be about you, very soon.

And what's the payoff the INSCo's are banking on, you ask? How can they justify this contraction in their industry? Government mandated insurance. Not single payer, government run health care, not a private option so they have to compete, MANDATED private insurance. Just like you have to get to register your car, only this time you'll have to pay to keep existing.

Forum List

Back