Recertified laptop

I like PC Decrapifier. Far simpler than manual removals.

Download | The PC Decrapifier

Then I would use the McAfee removal tool to clean out your registry of keys that were inelegantly left by the removal algorithm.

|MG| McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool 3.5.109.1 Download

Have you looked at M$ Security Essentials 2.0?

I'm impressed so far, and that's no simple thing. It is lightening fast on boot because it uses M$ proprietary calls.

fyi,

This is one of the new LED screens. I would be careful when moving it around with the top closed. The screens are very slim. They give you a small inside piece of lining with the notebook to cover the keys so that they do not press into the screen when moving and scratch the LED panel cover.

recertified? isnt it called refurbished? lol

and i would NEVER buy a dell, i have one for government work, and it SUCKS! and its a newer one as well, i would get a asus(my personal computer) or a sony, there 2 of the best brands of laptops, if you get the dell get ready for a boat load of problems...

PS for 500 you can get a brand new laptop...

Find a crappy laptop at a yard sale for $20 or something.
Put ubuntu/linuxmint etc. on it.
It will be faster/more secure/problem free than a new one.

and i would NEVER buy a dell, i have one for government work, and it SUCKS! and its a newer one as well, i would get a asus(my personal computer) or a sony, there 2 of the best brands of laptops, if you get the dell get ready for a boat load of problems...

Like the one I have? At what fence?
Glad to see you're so positive Sparky, glad you have your favorites........ Oh and recertified isn't always refurbished. Anything else to add or can I clean up now?

Find a crappy laptop at a yard sale for $20 or something.
Put ubuntu/linuxmint etc. on it.
It will be faster/more secure/problem free than a new one.

Yeah, so? Been there, done that. I still have use for a Windows OS, there are apps and games I run that are not written for Linux, (yet).
Stay focused..........

Glad to see you're so positive Sparky, glad you have your favorites........ Oh and recertified isn't always refurbished. Anything else to add or can I clean up now?

Let me clean up for you,

Inspiron 17R - N7010 17.3" screen Small ass screen
* Inspiron 17R
* Processor: Intel Core i3-350M Processor (2.26GHz, 3M cache) Theres really difference between i3 and a Core duo 2, to be honset the most of the duos are some what better then the i3s, i5s are 100 times better then the duo and the i3, and you can get a i5 in a fare better computer, for right around the same price
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium this comes with every newer computer
* 160 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) VERY SMALL HARD DRIVE
* 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs) Very LOW ram! almost all newer computers in this price range(500) come with 6 DDR3s
* 8X DVD +/- RW Drive ALl computers come with this(minus the new small ass netbooks)
* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD This is stock on ever single computer, and there is no way to upgrade or change up

Heres a few computers that are around the same price range that are new and are WAY better then the one you want to waste your money on,(this is me on best buy for a few mins, i could find 100s of ones in the 500 dollar range if i had the time..)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+...lack/1287221.p?id=1218247185331&skuId=1287221

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...Navy/1257685.p?id=1218243754694&skuId=1257685

Also re certified means that they checked to make sure it met there check list, meaning that they didn't do anything to it, basically far worse then a refurbished computer...

And i dont have favorites, ive just had a far share of computers, so in the end if you want to waste your money, go ahead, the computer is a crap for that price, so good luck have nothing but issues with it. And a waste of money, and knowing you could have a 10x better computer for right around the same price ...:clap2:

Let me clean up for you,

Inspiron 17R - N7010 17.3" screen Small ass screen
* Inspiron 17R
* Processor: Intel Core i3-350M Processor (2.26GHz, 3M cache) Theres really difference between i3 and a Core duo 2, to be honset the most of the duos are some what better then the i3s, i5s are 100 times better then the duo and the i3, and you can get a i5 in a fare better computer, for right around the same price
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium this comes with every newer computer
* 160 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) VERY SMALL HARD DRIVE
* 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs) Very LOW ram! almost all newer computers in this price range(500) come with 6 DDR3s
* 8X DVD +/- RW Drive ALl computers come with this(minus the new small ass netbooks)
* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD This is stock on ever single computer, and there is no way to upgrade or change up

Heres a few computers that are around the same price range that are new and are WAY better then the one you want to waste your money on,(this is me on best buy for a few mins, i could find 100s of ones in the 500 dollar range if i had the time..)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+...lack/1287221.p?id=1218247185331&skuId=1287221

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+...Navy/1257685.p?id=1218243754694&skuId=1257685

Also re certified means that they checked to make sure it met there check list, meaning that they didn't do anything to it, basically far worse then a refurbished computer...

And i dont have favorites, ive just had a far share of computers, so in the end if you want to waste your money, go ahead, the computer is a crap for that price, so good luck have nothing but issues with it. And a waste of money, and knowing you could have a 10x better computer for right around the same price ...:clap2:

Obviously you didn't read the one I purchased, yeah I posted it. Oh and I looked around for about two months, did review comparisons and investigated known issues before buying it. No, you can't get a better computer at the same price, like I said, I researched it, yes, you have issues with Dell, oh well, your problem, not mine. Now can I clean up the piss or is your bladder still full?

So I decided to buy this Dell laptop it is recertified and I am worried that it might break down... What are the chances of it breaking down and one more question tell me some
Laptop skin cover also for protection.Thanks .

Last edited:
So I decided to buy this Dell laptop it is recertified and I am worried that it might break down... What are the chances of it breaking down and one more question tell me some
Laptop skin cover also for protection.Thanks .

Don't know anything about the ones that come with skin covers and I'm not interested, not something I look for in a laptop as for the reliability, no problems with mine though I'm already looking to upgrade. The graphics card in the one I have, even though being very good, isn't as good as I would have wanted. Oh and you still get a year warranty.

We have a toshiba and it tends to be really slow at times. I know less about computers than I do about politics. *lola*

Perhaps I'll look into the Dell because we once leased a Dell desktop that was amazingly fast even after installing the homeschooling software and games.

I work more on the internet now than ever and we have less installed, but the toshiba seems to have a lot of hangups.

We have a toshiba and it tends to be really slow at times. I know less about computers than I do about politics. *lola*

Perhaps I'll look into the Dell because we once leased a Dell desktop that was amazingly fast even after installing the homeschooling software and games.

I work more on the internet now than ever and we have less installed, but the toshiba seems to have a lot of hangups.

How old is your laptop? What's the operating system on it? XP, Vista, Win 7?
What it sounds like is a combination if issues including a possible virus (or 10.... or more).

Our laptop is fairly new, less than six months old. It has Win7.

How would I clean it? I have ran the defrag.... *lola*

Our laptop is fairly new, less than six months old. It has Win7.

How would I clean it? I have ran the defrag.... *lola*

First what antivirus are you using? If it's Norton it might be half of your problem, it's a resource hog and will really slow down your system after a while. I use both Avast and Malwarebytes, just as good but not anywhere as large or intrusive.
Then ya need to do a disc/registry clean, use CCleaner:
CCleaner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads
But before you do that download and run Stinger:
Stinger | McAfee Free Tools

Forum List

Back