Recent Polling Shows Obama Slide

The Obamas are a big hit over here in the UK, especially the first Lady, she has been giving some inspirational speeches to the kids.

Maybe we could arrange a trade. Barack and Michelle for a case of your best beer.

I am busy drinking the beer but will say that the Obamas are winning the World over at the moment, they are having a great tour.

The Obamas are a big hit over here in the UK, especially the first Lady, she has been giving some inspirational speeches to the kids.

After all the rumors about her during the campaign, she is living the dream.

For Michelle, the best revenge is success and she is wildly popular here and in Euro. Approval ratings in the high 70s according to the Washington Post last week.

Last edited:
"Maybe we could arrange a trade. Barack and Michelle for a case of your best beer.
Reply With Quote"

....and one of those big hats the palace guards wear for the speaker of the house.....

Is that because we all have hats like that?, I prefer my Bowler hat for work and Top hat for social events, I wear my flat cap when walking the whippet and whilst gardening.:lol:

"Maybe we could arrange a trade. Barack and Michelle for a case of your best beer.
Reply With Quote"

....and one of those big hats the palace guards wear for the speaker of the house.....

Is that because we all have hats like that?, I prefer my Bowler hat for work and Top hat for social events, I wear my flat cap when walking the whippet and whilst gardening.:lol:

I am sorry i wasn't clear. I meant the hat for our speaker to wear, along with Dorothy's ruby slippers. It would be required attire for the speaker of the house into perpetuity for all public appearances.

"People with a brain" are not promoting petitions requesting the public release of the president's birth certificate.

And I agree with Jim. There's no other reason Repubs would be touting polls that purportedly demonstrate falling approval rates for the president.
[/B]

Well Ann ... like their former fearless leader ... they laugh in the face of polls! While secretly using polls to instead craft their message!

Krauthammer repeated misleading claim that Bush is "the least poll-driven president in our history"
Summary: Despite ample evidence that polling data play a big part in Bush administration political strategy and messaging, Charles Krauthammer claimed that President Bush "is probably the least poll-driven president in history."

Krauthammer's characterization of Bush as "probably the least poll-driven president in history" came during a "Fox All-Star Panel" discussion of the president's recent efforts to shore up public support for the Iraq war. In this context, Krauthammer's comments are particularly misleading, as recent news reports have shown that the Bush administration has relied heavily on pollsters in devising its political strategy on Iraq. A June 30 Washington Post article, published two days after Bush gave a prime-time speech on the war, reported that the White House had hired "experts on public opinion during wartime" to aide in this effort:

When President Bush confidently predicts victory in Iraq and admits no mistakes, admirers see steely resolve and critics see exasperating stubbornness. But the president's full-speed-ahead message articulated in this week's prime-time address also reflects a purposeful strategy based on extensive study of public opinion about how to maintain support for a costly and problem-plagued military mission.

The White House recently brought onto its staff one of the nation's top academic experts on public opinion during wartime, whose studies are now helping Bush craft his message two years into a war with no easy end in sight. Behind the president's speech is a conviction among White House officials that the battle for public opinion on Iraq hinges on their success in convincing Americans that, whatever their views of going to war in the first place, the conflict there must and can be won.

One of the two experts cited by name in the Post article, Duke University professor Peter D. Feaver, was more recently reported to have played a central role in the writing of "Our National Strategy for Victory in Iraq," a 35-page document released by the Bush administration on November 30. Feaver's analysis of polling data on Iraq was "clearly behind the victory theme" in both the document and Bush's November 30 speech on the topic, according to a December 4 New York Times article:

Although White House officials said many federal departments had contributed to the document, its relentless focus on the theme of victory strongly reflected a new voice in the administration: Peter D. Feaver, a Duke University political scientist who joined the N.S.C. staff as a special adviser in June and has closely studied public opinion on the war.

Despite the president's oft-stated aversion to polls, Dr. Feaver was recruited after he and Duke colleagues presented the administration with an analysis of polls about the Iraq war in 2003 and 2004. They concluded that Americans would support a war with mounting casualties on one condition: that they believed it would ultimately succeed.

That finding, which is questioned by other political scientists, was clearly behind the victory theme in the speech and the plan, in which the word appears six times in the table of contents alone, including sections titled "Victory in Iraq is a Vital U.S. Interest" and "Our Strategy for Victory is Clear."

Uh, Michelle Obama is popular.

So too was Laura Bush - even more so...

Laura Bush Approval Ratings Among Best for First Ladies

At any rate, for a president just a few months into office, with no executive experience, it appears Obama made a better than fair showing in Europe. While nothing of substance was actually accomplished, the showmanship was top notch.

Back at home though, more in the media are starting to grow weary of the Obama double-speak. Lofty rhetoric soon forgotten by the very man who makes the teleprompted promises...

Obama's Double-Talk: While the president talks sobriety, his policies take America on an economic bender. - Reason Magazine

"People with a brain" are not promoting petitions requesting the public release of the president's birth certificate.

And I agree with Jim. There's no other reason Repubs would be touting polls that purportedly demonstrate falling approval rates for the president.
[/B]

Well Ann ... like their former fearless leader ... they laugh in the face of polls! While secretly using polls to instead craft their message!

Krauthammer repeated misleading claim that Bush is "the least poll-driven president in our history"
Summary: Despite ample evidence that polling data play a big part in Bush administration political strategy and messaging, Charles Krauthammer claimed that President Bush "is probably the least poll-driven president in history."

Krauthammer's characterization of Bush as "probably the least poll-driven president in history" came during a "Fox All-Star Panel" discussion of the president's recent efforts to shore up public support for the Iraq war. In this context, Krauthammer's comments are particularly misleading, as recent news reports have shown that the Bush administration has relied heavily on pollsters in devising its political strategy on Iraq. A June 30 Washington Post article, published two days after Bush gave a prime-time speech on the war, reported that the White House had hired "experts on public opinion during wartime" to aide in this effort:

When President Bush confidently predicts victory in Iraq and admits no mistakes, admirers see steely resolve and critics see exasperating stubbornness. But the president's full-speed-ahead message articulated in this week's prime-time address also reflects a purposeful strategy based on extensive study of public opinion about how to maintain support for a costly and problem-plagued military mission.

The White House recently brought onto its staff one of the nation's top academic experts on public opinion during wartime, whose studies are now helping Bush craft his message two years into a war with no easy end in sight. Behind the president's speech is a conviction among White House officials that the battle for public opinion on Iraq hinges on their success in convincing Americans that, whatever their views of going to war in the first place, the conflict there must and can be won.

One of the two experts cited by name in the Post article, Duke University professor Peter D. Feaver, was more recently reported to have played a central role in the writing of "Our National Strategy for Victory in Iraq," a 35-page document released by the Bush administration on November 30. Feaver's analysis of polling data on Iraq was "clearly behind the victory theme" in both the document and Bush's November 30 speech on the topic, according to a December 4 New York Times article:

Although White House officials said many federal departments had contributed to the document, its relentless focus on the theme of victory strongly reflected a new voice in the administration: Peter D. Feaver, a Duke University political scientist who joined the N.S.C. staff as a special adviser in June and has closely studied public opinion on the war.

Despite the president's oft-stated aversion to polls, Dr. Feaver was recruited after he and Duke colleagues presented the administration with an analysis of polls about the Iraq war in 2003 and 2004. They concluded that Americans would support a war with mounting casualties on one condition: that they believed it would ultimately succeed.

That finding, which is questioned by other political scientists, was clearly behind the victory theme in the speech and the plan, in which the word appears six times in the table of contents alone, including sections titled "Victory in Iraq is a Vital U.S. Interest" and "Our Strategy for Victory is Clear."

Hmm, I thought Bush was out of office, didn't his term already expire? Am I in a time warp? Oh I get it...it must be one of those left wingnuts that can't get over the "I hate Bush because blah, blah, blah."
Dude, the thread has to do with Obama's numbers are falling in some polls. Please get over Bush, and get with the here, and now.

Forum List

Back