Recalling Ruby Ridge

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Had a tough time sleeping last night. The recollections of the years and the tribulations of life here in the good ole US of A. Our country touts freedom and is supposed to be a country that values freedoms and liberty. Well that is what the majority of American's grew up believing anyhow. Once we go through years of struggling with so many things we realize that it is not true. Albeit there are good people in this country there are so many that force their precepts onto others. Lies, rumors, thieves and cons, this country has more than it's fair share. It is throughout the country that certain people seek that place where they can call home and live a quiet existence unfettered by the grind of living in towns and cities. The Weaver's sought that excluded place to live. They moved to the mountains in Idaho from Iowa. Randy Weaver had been a factory worker here in Iowa when they decided that it was so corrupt. They wanted a place where they could live in secluded peace and home school their children. The government agencies pursued them after an angry person made up false accusations against them. I had a very dear friend set through the entire Weaver trial. He told me, "Don't believe what you are hearing about what happen on Ruby Ridge. The government killed those people." I asked him, "Are you sure?" He said, "Yes, I am disgusted with what our government has done to these people."

It was the Clinton era when Whitewater was happening and our president was getting knob jobs in the oval office. Janet Reno was in charge of the justice department. It would be the first of the murders of citizens in this country while she was in charge, more would follow.

On August 21, 1992 the Weaver's started out their morning with three children and a family dog in their remote 20 acre spot in the Idaho mountains. By the end of the day their family was no longer complete. US Marshal snipers were given orders to shoot to kill. After hearing the family dog barking shots ensued. Sammy Weaver fourteen years old shot into the woods at the trespassers who killed his pet. The agents shot the fourteen year old and he was dead. Sammy's shot into the woods hit US Marshall. One teenager dead and a US Marshall now also dead. Soon Vicki Weaver would also be shot dead while holding the Weaver's young baby in her arms.

Where did this start? Why would the United States law enforcement be so hostile against this family? A neighbor was mad over a land deal. The neighbor Terry Kennison lost a lawsuit and was order to pay Weaver $3,000.00. Mad Kennison wrote letters to the FBI, Secret Service and the county sheriff alleging Weaver had threaten to kill the Pope, the President and the governor. The weavers were question for hours by two secret service agents, the sheriff and two FBI agents. On 28 Feb 1985 Randy and Vicki Weaver filed an affidavit with the county courthouse alleging that their personal enemies were plotting to provoke the FBI into attacking and killing the Weaver family. It worked by August 21, 1992 a portion of the Weaver family was now dead.

I think of our lovely neighbors here that have made false accusations about us. Another neighbor informed me about the accusations. The county transferring our property to those neighbor who made all these false accusations. Our story is a bit different from the Weaver's. We moved from Idaho to Iowa. Rod wanted to take care of his dad. His mom had passed a few years previously. I had semi retired and came here to be with Rod. The quiet here was hard for me. I was used to having teenagers around, employees coming and going all the time and the telephone continually ringing. With the children moved out and on their own and the business gone life changed dramatically. The normal had been being on call 24/7 for the previous thirteen years, it had became the normal. Over the years we had faced our share of false accusations and investigations. After a book keeper's attempt to embezzled twenty-seven thousand it just did not seem worth it any longer. Her husband played golf with a local magistrate. It was convenient for them. That magistrate had our son arrested on false charges and he had me arrested on trumped up charges. It was two years of living hell and not understanding why until I discovered the money the book keeper had stashed. All the pieces fell together at the point I discovered the missing money. A couple of pot-heads and a rogue judge that could care less about civil liberties can do a lot of damage. Over thirteen thousand dollars in legal fees and a teenager that already struggled with his learning disabilities now had to overcome this evil that those people caused in his life. He could have sued when he turned of age. He did not wish to revisit what they did to him.

Thankfully we have not faced what the Weavers have. Rod and I still have one another and the children are all safe. It still sickens me what people will do to one another in the name of greed.

Remember Ruby Ridge | Tim Lynch | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

Ruby Ridge Documentary

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-Ih4H70MM]YouTube - Ruby Ridge Massacre 1 of 5[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9_DQROApA]YouTube - Ruby Ridge Massacre 2 of 5[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX3NzZDb2iw]YouTube - Discovery Times: Ruby Ridge part 3 of 5[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu6MPBFVExM]YouTube - Discovery Times: Ruby Ridge part 4 of 5[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ENu-M2GKU]YouTube - Discovery Times: Ruby Ridge part 1 of 5[/ame]

Had a tough time sleeping last night. The recollections of the years and the tribulations of life here in the good ole US of A. Our country touts freedom and is supposed to be a country that values freedoms and liberty. Well that is what the majority of American's grew up believing anyhow. Once we go through years of struggling with so many things we realize that it is not true. Albeit there are good people in this country there are so many that force their precepts onto others. Lies, rumors, thieves and cons, this country has more than it's fair share. It is throughout the country that certain people seek that place where they can call home and live a quiet existence unfettered by the grind of living in towns and cities. The Weaver's sought that excluded place to live. They moved to the mountains in Idaho from Iowa. Randy Weaver had been a factory worker here in Iowa when they decided that it was so corrupt. They wanted a place where they could live in secluded peace and home school their children. The government agencies pursued them after an angry person made up false accusations against them. I had a very dear friend set through the entire Weaver trial. He told me, "Don't believe what you are hearing about what happen on Ruby Ridge. The government killed those people." I asked him, "Are you sure?" He said, "Yes, I am disgusted with what our government has done to these people."

It was the Clinton era when Whitewater was happening and our president was getting knob jobs in the oval office. Janet Reno was in charge of the justice department. It would be the first of the murders of citizens in this country while she was in charge, more would follow.

On August 21, 1992 the Weaver's started out their morning with three children and a family dog in their remote 20 acre spot in the Idaho mountains. By the end of the day their family was no longer complete. US Marshal snipers were given orders to shoot to kill. After hearing the family dog barking shots ensued. Sammy Weaver fourteen years old shot into the woods at the trespassers who killed his pet. The agents shot the fourteen year old and he was dead. Sammy's shot into the woods hit US Marshall. One teenager dead and a US Marshall now also dead. Soon Vicki Weaver would also be shot dead while holding the Weaver's young baby in her arms.

Where did this start? Why would the United States law enforcement be so hostile against this family? A neighbor was mad over a land deal. The neighbor Terry Kennison lost a lawsuit and was order to pay Weaver $3,000.00. Mad Kennison wrote letters to the FBI, Secret Service and the county sheriff alleging Weaver had threaten to kill the Pope, the President and the governor. The weavers were question for hours by two secret service agents, the sheriff and two FBI agents. On 28 Feb 1985 Randy and Vicki Weaver filed an affidavit with the county courthouse alleging that their personal enemies were plotting to provoke the FBI into attacking and killing the Weaver family. It worked by August 21, 1992 a portion of the Weaver family was now dead.

I think of our lovely neighbors here that have made false accusations about us. Another neighbor informed me about the accusations. The county transferring our property to those neighbor who made all these false accusations. Our story is a bit different from the Weaver's. We moved from Idaho to Iowa. Rod wanted to take care of his dad. His mom had passed a few years previously. I had semi retired and came here to be with Rod. The quiet here was hard for me. I was used to having teenagers around, employees coming and going all the time and the telephone continually ringing. With the children moved out and on their own and the business gone life changed dramatically. The normal had been being on call 24/7 for the previous thirteen years, it had became the normal. Over the years we had faced our share of false accusations and investigations. After a book keeper's attempt to embezzled twenty-seven thousand it just did not seem worth it any longer. Her husband played golf with a local magistrate. It was convenient for them. That magistrate had our son arrested on false charges and he had me arrested on trumped up charges. It was two years of living hell and not understanding why until I discovered the money the book keeper had stashed. All the pieces fell together at the point I discovered the missing money. A couple of pot-heads and a rogue judge that could care less about civil liberties can do a lot of damage. Over thirteen thousand dollars in legal fees and a teenager that already struggled with his learning disabilities now had to overcome this evil that those people caused in his life. He could have sued when he turned of age. He did not wish to revisit what they did to him.

Thankfully we have not faced what the Weavers have. Rod and I still have one another and the children are all safe. It still sickens me what people will do to one another in the name of greed.

Remember Ruby Ridge | Tim Lynch | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary

Ruby Ridge Documentary

YouTube - Ruby Ridge Massacre 1 of 5
YouTube - Ruby Ridge Massacre 2 of 5
YouTube - Discovery Times: Ruby Ridge part 3 of 5
YouTube - Discovery Times: Ruby Ridge part 4 of 5
YouTube - Discovery Times: Ruby Ridge part 1 of 5

I thought Ruby Ridge happened under Bush Sr's watch and Waco happened under Clinton's watch.

Further, New Orleans and Katrina happened under Bush Jr's watch and that's when our military marched through the streets, taking people's guns away and America did NOTHING!!!!

Personally, I think America is dead, it's been a long, slow painful process but when an official of the Mexican government says "This has been and will be Mexico again" to American citizens in San Diego and our leaders do NOTHING, our country is already lost.

Those of you who vote for the dems and the reps have contributed to the loss of our country.

BTW, that good friend that sat in on the Weaver trial was a good friend of Lady Bird Johnson. They have both passed on yet they both left good marks behind.

george was president and the weavers were not innocent.
They commited a crime and should have just gone peacefully.
The only people you will find that think they were innocent around here or the other wacko's who live up in the woods in idaho.

The only people you will find that think they were innocent around here or the other wacko's who live up in the woods in idaho.

They weren't given a chance to go "peacefully".

yeah actually they were, he was suppose to show up in court and he didn't show, why do you think they went up there in the first place.

I thought Ruby Ridge happened under Bush Sr's watch and Waco happened under Clinton's watch.

Further, New Orleans and Katrina happened under Bush Jr's watch and that's when our military marched through the streets, taking people's guns away and America did NOTHING!!!!

Personally, I think America is dead, it's been a long, slow painful process but when an official of the Mexican government says "This has been and will be Mexico again" to American citizens in San Diego and our leaders do NOTHING, our country is already lost.

Those of you who vote for the dems and the reps have contributed to the loss of our country.
Your correct it did happen under Bush's watch. Clinton was elected November 1992. He was not getting knob jobs in the White House until 1993. My error thank you for correcting the times.

Waco was in 1993.

Louis Freeh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ruby Ridge
Main article: Ruby Ridge

An investigation of the August 1992 incident at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in which an FBI sharpshooter killed the wife of a wanted suspect, was ongoing when Freeh became Director. A paramilitary FBI unit, the Hostage Rescue Team, was present at the incident; Freeh later said that had he been director, he would not have involved the HRT. FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi was later charged with manslaughter; Freeh said that he was "deeply disappointed" at the charges, filed by a county prosecutor and later dropped[10].[11][12]

Freeh was not censured for alleged managerial failures in the investigation of the incident, although a Justice Department inquiry had made such a recommendation.

William S. Sessions was director of the FBI from 1987 to 1993. Some interesting articles on this guy.

You are correct it is both parties.

They were not given an opportunity to go peacefully. There were illegal shoot to kill orders out on any adult at Weaver's. You need to check the full history of what happened.

and Keven Harris, there is a great guy. He went onto selling meth up in Ferry County in Washington.

They were not given an opportunity to go peacefully. There were illegal shoot to kill orders out on any adult at Weaver's. You need to check the full history of what happened.
I have, they were issued a bench warrant which would have gone away if randy showed up in court. HE was also given a month to deal with this and many people attempted to tell him about what legal proceedings were being taken against him. He didn't show up for his court date.
He also knew they were watching him, he could have given himself up saving his family.

and Keven Harris, there is a great guy. He went onto selling meth up in Ferry County in Washington.
So that gave the law the right to shoot to kill. Are you really that stupid? I know people that are not perfect but damn according to your precepts here it can be open season on me if someone does not like people I talk to or happen to know?

do you know how long they were up there before anyone was killed?
I remember going up to Sandpoint and where my parent's friend's lived was at the police line where the media vans had to stay. No one was killed yet at that point. They could have come out and told their story.
Or he could of showed up for court.
I guess they could have done nothing like they did with the Kehoe's and waited for them to go on a cross country killing spree. I don't feel bad for any of the wacko's that live in the woods around here.

So that gave the law the right to shoot to kill. Are you really that stupid? I know people that are not perfect but damn according to your precepts here it can be open season on me if someone does not like people I talk to or happen to know?
they were watching them and had them surrounded long before they shot anyone. Can you be that stupid?
He should of shown up in court, he had plenty of opportunity.
You also don't go outside planning to shoot anyone who comes on your property and then bitch when they shoot back.

come up to northern idaho and we will talk then, especially in the 90's. These people were not innocents and neither were the people they were talking to.

Yeah Sheila, Ruby Ridge took place under GHWB. Wayne LaPerrie referred to the Feds as jackbooted thugs and GHWB did not waste a second resigning his "honorary" NRA membership. IMO, GHWB was never a real supporter of the NRA and so the loss was too insignificant to calculate.

I will never forget the Waco fiasco where the Feds conducted "psych ops" on a building full of children. Even if every charge made against Koresh was valid, the operation should have been co-ordinated with the local law enforcement which surely would have advised that Koresh be picked up outside of the compound. Even after the ill advised assault, the case should have been treated as a hostage situation.

Many people would look very bad including the "free press" who really made a bad joke of themselves with their foolish behavior. A short while after the Waco massacre, Lewisburg Prison had a violent riot where the Federal authorities negotiated at lenght with the inmates to finally end the standoff. A builiding full of innocent children did not recieve the same consideration as a building full of criminals.

Last edited:
We have a lot of family in Northern Idaho. Actually Rod's cousin was a mayor up there for quite a few years. I made a comment about all the skinheads one day when we stopped in to see him. He was at the fire station when we found him doing some stuff. If you think for one moment that law enforcement has the right to shoot someone based on a warrant someone has for not going to court, you do not deserve the freedom this country is supposed to have. Tell me you do not know anyone that does pot, owns a gun, has never had a ticket or something along those lines. If you can say all the people you know are perfect people I will be amazed.

Yes we should all be thankful to the Feds for employing military rules of engagement during the Ruby Ridge assault especially now that the notorious Weaver dog had finally been stopped.

August 21, 1992 - George H.W. Bush was still in office. :eusa_eh:
He sure was ! Aug 23 Hurricane Andrew kicked my ass, and everyone elses, in Miami and Mr. Wonderful The First sent down his brainwashed illiterates to enforce a "curfew".
You call them the 82nd Airborne.
Problem was the idiots weren't allowed any ammo and a Jamaican gang robbed their dumb asses of their rifles and lots of other crap.
I traded the ones in my area ammo for diesel fuel for my backhoe and took a few to " the other side of the tracks" where I burstfired a mini 14 into an abandoned car and shot what drained out of the tank with the flare gun out of what used to be my boat.
I think I skared them.:cuckoo:

Once again I was defending my own freedom while they were busy shining boots and raising flags where they set up camp.....Finally with ammo.My ammo.
They said they would get in " big trouble" if they got caught with it.
Idiocracy.

For you SoFloridastan guys.... Dat B in Peeeerine. Down neah da Cutla Ridge mallNchit.

We have a lot of family in Northern Idaho. Actually Rod's cousin was a mayor up there for quite a few years. I made a comment about all the skinheads one day when we stopped in to see him. He was at the fire station when we found him doing some stuff. If you think for one moment that law enforcement has the right to shoot someone based on a warrant someone has for not going to court, you do not deserve the freedom this country is supposed to have. Tell me you do not know anyone that does pot, owns a gun, has never had a ticket or something along those lines. If you can say all the people you know are perfect people I will be amazed.

Good points, every major city has thousands of outstanding warrants and most of those cases are not as controversial as the case against Randy Weaver and the two 'sawed off' shotguns.

Forum List

Back