Recall Colo. Senator Michael Bennett for his comments on CNN--State of the Union

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I was watching CNN this Sunday morning November 22, 2009 on a program called State of the Union.

Senator Michael Bennet-was appointed by Governor Ritter--as Ken Salazar was moved into the Obama administration. Therefore a senator that was not elected.

The commentator asked Bennett this question:

Senator Bennett--you are in a really tough position in Colorado. You are running for re-election in 2010. Are you here today to say you will vote for this senate health care bill--even though you may lose your job over it. Senator Bennett's reply YES.

A little history on this guy. He avoided all Town Hall meetings in his district in August--especially the more conservative & the majority of his constituents in El Paso County--which is inclusive of Colorado Springs. He instead would run off to very small mountain town like Frisco--would not announce where he was going & show up to do a town hall with 3 people.

This senator is NOT representing the overwhelming majority of his constituents in the State of Colorado & is voting against them--because the overwhelming majority of those that live in this state absolutely DO NOT WANT government run health care aka a PUBLIC OPTION.

Is there any way--we can move to recall this Senator prior to the 2010 November elections?

$Ram it down.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure of CO election law on this one.

You may have to wait until Scott McInnis runs, in 2010....Not that a career republican politician, who reneged on his self-imposed term limit when in the congress, is going to get you too much better.

You may have to wait until Scott McKinnis runs, in 2010....Not that a career republican politician, who reneged on his self-imposed term limit when in the congress, is going to get you too much better.

Anything has got to be better than this. Who in the hell do they think they are. Voting against the people they are "suppose" to represent?

In rhetrospect just exactly how many democrats in this country voted against their constituents, knowing full well that the people who voted for them are against a government run--aka public option plan?

I'll tell you--November 2010 is going to make the battle of the Little Big Horn aka Custer's last stand ilook like a family picnic to democrats who voted for this. If they keep it up & go against the wishes of their constituents they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of surviving.

$Ram it down.jpg

You may have to wait until Scott McKinnis runs, in 2010....Not that a career republican politician, who reneged on his self-imposed term limit when in the congress, is going to get you too much better.

I am pretty sure that McKinnis is running for governor and he will make minced meat out of democrat incumbent Ritter. I am not sure who is running against Bennet, but I will tell you no matter who runs, Bennet is toast in Colorado. We are a swing state voting for Bush both times. He voted for that no stimulus stimulus bill when most Coloradoans were totally opposed to it, then he added insult to injury by not even reading the damn thing before he voted on it. Then it's going to be democrat senator Udall that we kick out on his ass in 2012.

I beleive recall petitions are expensive to get started and being that we all know Bennet will be kicked out on his butt in 2010, I don't know that it's worth it to do it now. Maybe Udall would be the one to target, because I am sure he is going to vote for that public option that 90% of Coloradoans oppose. I know Udall voted for the no stimulus stimulus bill and to this day I don't think he has read it.

Last time I checked, the purpose of elected officials wasn't to take a survey and vote for whichever position was louder.

Last time I checked, the purpose of elected officials wasn't to take a survey and vote for whichever position was louder.

We elect these idiots to represent us, they work for us, we are the boss's. We don't work for them and when they go against the majority in their states we fire them. There is going to be a whole lot of firing going on come 2010.

If you went against your boss's wishes, how long do you think that you would have a job? As long as it took to cut you a check and hand you your pink slip.

Where did you check on the purpose of elected officials ? I didn't know they had one.

Actually they have two. The first is to perpetuate their time in office, the second is to liberate as much of your (mine/our) hard earned as possible to reward their friends in DC and keep themselves in office.

We elect these idiots to represent us, they work for us, we are the boss's. We don't work for them and when they go against the majority in their states we fire them. There is going to be a whole lot of firing going on come 2010.

If you went against your boss's wishes, how long do you think that you would have a job? As long as it took to cut you a check and hand you your pink slip.

You have the opportunity to hand him a pink slip. It's called an election.

I am pretty sure that McKinnis is running for governor and he will make minced meat out of democrat incumbent Ritter. I am not sure who is running against Bennet, but I will tell you no matter who runs, Bennet is toast in Colorado. We are a swing state voting for Bush both times. He voted for that no stimulus stimulus bill when most Coloradoans were totally opposed to it, then he added insult to injury by not even reading the damn thing before he voted on it. Then it's going to be democrat senator Udall that we kick out on his ass in 2012.

I beleive recall petitions are expensive to get started and being that we all know Bennet will be kicked out on his butt in 2010, I don't know that it's worth it to do it now. Maybe Udall would be the one to target, because I am sure he is going to vote for that public option that 90% of Coloradoans oppose. I know Udall voted for the no stimulus stimulus bill and to this day I don't think he has read it.

Lots of yap yap. I guess we will see what happens in 2010 and 2012. Might well be a bit of a surprise to you.

Forum List

Back