Rebuttal of the Union

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Why on earth do we have the opposing party give a rebuttal of the President's state of the Union address right afterwards? I dont get the point. I mean they dont even know what the President is going to say prior to the address so they end up rebutting absolutely nothing. They just talk about how the President is wrong. I mean seriously, I dont care what party is in control or rebutting. There is no point to it. It's a complete waste of time.

Does anyone honestly think people care about whomever the opposing party decides to sacrifice to do it? Or that the media isnt going to rip the speech apart anyway?

Why on earth do we have the opposing party give a rebuttal of the President's state of the Union address right afterwards? I dont get the point. I mean they dont even know what the President is going to say prior to the address so they end up rebutting absolutely nothing. They just talk about how the President is wrong. I mean seriously, I dont care what party is in control or rebutting. There is no point to it. It's a complete waste of time.

Does anyone honestly think people care about whomever the opposing party decides to sacrifice to do it? Or that the media isnt going to rip the speech apart anyway?

I don't disagree that it's a complete waste of time, but it's certainly possible to give a rebuttal without knowing beforehand what the speech will include. I mean, we know that Obama is going to talk about healthcare, we know he's going to talk about terrorism. Not that hard.

Democrats should have given health care reform a first chance............

hahahaha, noticed you took flight after Massachusetts debacle.

Enjoy RW! ;)

Forum List

Back